Items disappearing in New Game + in 1.10

+
At this rate Fallout 4 will be out and HoS won't get a look in so wasted £7.99 on an something I can't play unless I start my entire game from scratch. There is no way on Earth CDPR didn't know about this bug before 1.10 was rushed out the door in time for HoS they're a competent developer and I refuse to believe they didn't test 1.10 in NG+ with the DLC. I personally think they knew of this bug and thought they could get an handle on it to fix it not long after the 1.10 release but it's proving a lot harder to fix than they thought, just my educated guess.

Still waiting for the patch to fix the patch...
Yeah, I should not expect everything served on a silver platter, but this situation is starting to get rather ridiculous if you ask me.

:unhappy:

Soon has been for a week now
And as frustrating as this is. the lack of communication (or perceived lack of communication) from CDPR is more frustratiing. I understand that there is a certification process for consoles, but at least let the community know what the progress is. "The patch has been sent for certification", "we are still working on the patch" anything. The lack of communication is what I am finding to be frustrating. "Soon" just does not cut it anymore.

Makes me wonder why a company that was so connected to the players has become quiet, or when they have spoken, it was vague and elusive about the situation, particularly recently with the 1.10 issues as related to the consoles. I came over to this company because they seemed to be in touch with their players, what they wanted in a game, its support, and in their approach to the gaming industry. If there are legal reasons for them to be so vague about the progress of the console's update, repairing what 1.10 has done to the NG+ portion of the game, as well as numerous other issues that have popped up, then I would hope that they could just come out and say that.

As it is, none of us are sure where this is at, or if the answer of "soon" (as defined: in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), by and by; - and all of which we seem to have passed by now) is CDPR's way of saying that they cannot give a timeline since they are not sure how to fix it, let alone how long before we would see it.

I am starting to believe that the silence and lack of straight up answers is hurting CDPR's reputation more so than if they were to say that they still trying to repair some of the issues, and where the patches for the PC were quicker and easier, it may be a month or more (not any measure of 'soon" BTW) before anything can be released onto the consoles. We are some of your most emotionally attached fans (just look at the passion in the replies of some of these posts) and between here and the other media outlets, some of the most vocal fans. Trust me, only the most fickle of us would turn our backs on you if you came out with some honest straight forward answers, in fact I think that most of us would likely stand by you - if we knew what we were standing in, as far as the situation (or you silence) stands.

If nothing can be said - then say that, and where possible try to explain. Lets get back to the place where you shared with us, and we held the utmost respect (and perhaps even awe) for all of you.

Last edited:
Unsolicited advice from someone who has lost an obscene amount of money due to poor communication with customers and had to learn this lesson the hard way:

The players are your customers. They are what keep you employed, doing what you live to do; creating great games and telling wonderful stories. You have a problem with patch 1.10. You're priority is to fix the problem as soon as possible, which very well should be top priority. But I've been in your shoes. No matter how much work you put into fixing the problem, if you get tunnel vision and expend all your energy on development and tech issues, and isolate your customers by making communication with them a lower priority, then all your work will have been for nought because your customers will have moved on when they didn't hear back from you. It's tedious dealing with so many topics brought to the table by the players, but customer support will make or break any business, regardless of how good your product is, or how hard you worked on it.
Not knowing even a ballpark for what to expect about this patches ng+ fix is beyond infuriating. I haven't touched Witcher 3 since the patch release, not even hearts of stone, because I don't want to play ahead only to have to throw that effort away when the fix comes. I don't want to play a generic HoS with pre-set levelling. I want to play -my- game. But without any way of knowing when I can play again, without any significant communication from CDPR, I've just moved on to other games. I've stopped waiting around for answers like some love sodden teen. But if you were to give me something, anything more than a mere "soon," I would wait patiently. It's the not knowing how long "soon" might realistically be. At first I thought soon was something close to a week, but now I'm jaded enough to think it might be a month, or it might now come until patch 1.12 for all I know. If you think anywhere between a week and a month, or a month or two, say it. It's for better to keep your customers I'm the loop than to lose them altogether out of frustration. They'll appreciate honesty far more than a PR strategy meant to buy you time to fix a problem.

Lastly, it might be worth considering giving the players to option to remove a patch that proves roo buggy to play through. I could be having a merry old time playing on patch 1.08, but I'm stuck with missing gear and finite patience while I wait for the fix.

I don't know if anyone as CDPR will even see this, but I hope you learn from the mistakes in the future.

If it is not out by this Friday that will be two weeks that us console users have been waiting for our fix while the PC players have had it for over a week, if it is not out by Friday, and it probably won't be, as one of the posters said maybe it will take them a month to fix it... I will be moving on to AC:Syndicate... I was not going to get it until December because I thought with the HoS expansion this game would keep me going until then as I like playing through it and play through HoS during the game to add extra time to it. But if it is not fixed by then or we even get a date by then instead of "soon" I am moving on to another game and probably won't play witcher 3 until either the next expansion or until they fix this patch... as I am tired of seeing swords over lvl 70 that you can't use because you can't go any higher, what upset me the most was the swords I bought from some of the blacksmiths that were at lvl 70 and all of them got pushed over that so they are just sitting in my loot chest and I can't even use them. Yet no word. I love this game and I think CDPR did a great job of it, but now they are not even communicating to the console users as to when to expect this fix... it is disappointing.

I play on PC and I still experience a few pretty annoying bugs (not being able to finish Wolf Gear quest line, certain item appears in normal, not Legendary quality, rendering it completely useless). Putting HoS off as much as I can. I had to result to "?" hunting in Skellige, which is something horrible ... at least for me.

People need to quit being so butt hurt. This isn't the only game in the world. Yeah I wanna play hos too but I got a life outside this game, it's not the end of the world. CDPR gave us a statement so everyone needs to stop being a bunch of dick holsters and just wait. The hotfix will probably be out this week so chill

---------- Updated at 08:58 PM ----------

If it is not out by this Friday that will be two weeks that us console users have been waiting for our fix while the PC players have had it for over a week, if it is not out by Friday, and it probably won't be, as one of the posters said maybe it will take them a month to fix it... I will be moving on to AC:Syndicate... I was not going to get it until December because I thought with the HoS expansion this game would keep me going until then as I like playing through it and play through HoS during the game to add extra time to it. But if it is not fixed by then or we even get a date by then instead of "soon" I am moving on to another game and probably won't play witcher 3 until either the next expansion or until they fix this patch... as I am tired of seeing swords over lvl 70 that you can't use because you can't go any higher, what upset me the most was the swords I bought from some of the blacksmiths that were at lvl 70 and all of them got pushed over that so they are just sitting in my loot chest and I can't even use them. Yet no word. I love this game and I think CDPR did a great job of it, but now they are not even communicating to the console users as to when to expect this fix... it is disappointing.

Why are you buying swords? Make witcher, coward.

People need to quit being so butt hurt. This isn't the only game in the world. Yeah I wanna play hos too but I got a life outside this game, it's not the end of the world. CDPR gave us a statement so everyone needs to stop being a bunch of dick holsters and just wait. The hotfix will probably be out this week so chill.

Some peoples' lives are more stressful than others, and immersing into another world is the best escape life can muster. W3 is a fantastic escape, far more effective than TV or a book. It's like pain meds at that point; yeah ibuprofen will work (or a shot of tequila), but it just doesn't do the trick like Witcher. (In this analogy, AC: Syndicate would be like street grade knockoffs cut with sugar. But, desperate times and all). Yeah, there are other games in the world, buy that's kind of the point people are trying to make here; CDPR doesn't want to lose their players any more than the players want to put down the game. So people come here to vent their frustrations in hopes they're taken seriously. That's not to say there isn't the occasional whiney troll, but for the most part it's people who love -this- game for how effective it is at taking the player out of their own lives and into Geralt's.
It may seem ridiculous to you that some people get so bent out of shape over a game, but it's not just over the game. It's interfering with everything from coping mechanisms to escapes from reality, not merely mind-numbing entertainment. Be thankful you don't need the drug like others do, but don't knock them for needing it.

Last edited:
Some peoples' lives are more stressful than others, and immersing into another world is the best escape life can muster. W3 is a fantastic escape, far more effective than TV or a book. It's like pain meds at that point; yeah ibuprofen will work (or a shot of tequila), but it just doesn't do the trick like Witcher. (In this analogy, AC: Syndicate would be like street grade knockoffs cut with sugar. But, desperate times and all). Yeah, there are other games in the world, buy that's kind of the point people are trying to make here; CDPR doesn't want to lose their players any more than the players want to put down the game. So people come here to vent their frustrations in hopes they're taken seriously. That's not to say there isn't the occasional whiney troll, but for the most part it's people who love -this- game for how effective it is at taking the player out of their own lives and into Geralt's.
It may seem ridiculous to you that some people get so bent out of shape over a game, but it's not just over the game. It's interfering with everything from coping mechanisms to escapes from reality, not merely mind-numbing entertainment. Be thankful you do the need the drug like others do, but don't knock them for needing it.

Pretty good interpretation, give this guy a gold star! Couldn't agree more man

It may seem ridiculous to you that some people get so bent out of shape over a game, but it's not just over the game. It's interfering with everything from coping mechanisms to escapes from reality, not merely mind-numbing entertainment. Be thankful you do the need the drug like others do, but don't knock them for needing it.

Yeah I understand that, that's why I play video games but I'm also not a child and know how to wait patiently.

So for those of us who do not have any save files before 1.10 patch, are we screwed? Will we not be able to do the missions that are affected.

Possibly just effects dlc items that are gone because it'll cause a bugged save but it's only on NG+

Sorry to bring this guys, but I have under 10 posts so I cant link or post image.
Reaction on Marcin Momots twitter yesterday sounds like it will be in the next "normal" patch for consoles. Not like a hotfix the PC got.

And with the timeframe from 1.08 to 1.10 in mind it could well be months till we see a fix for this.

And with the timeframe from 1.08 to 1.10 in mind it could well be months till we see a fix for this.[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope it won't be that long. My worries are what would the new patch break in order to fix the previous patch?
They should really focus on the most important issues in the new patch like the missing dlc in NG+, automatic mission fails that have been completed, Skellige's Most Wanted, that stupid blurring screen and the like.

I understand that they needed to get the game ready for the expansion, but a 17G patch that includes over 600 fixes is too much at once.

Id say faaar less time. Im guessing dlc patching system they have been reffering to is being fast tracked due to these issues and thats what we are waiting.

Top Bottom