I've had it,u I'm done with this game.

+

I've had it,u I'm done with this game.

• Total voters
I like that underwater feels a little like I am out of my element cuz well IT IS. On land Geralt feels like a beast underwater i feel vulnerable even though the crossbow is like 100 times more powerful underwater.

To each their own. If not being l33t in one aspect of the game makes you hate it then the only thing is to stop playing because games are meant to be enjoyable and if you are not enjoying yourself you should play something you do enjoy playing.

Just shut off the question marks and properly explore. See my signature for the correct way to play. ~grins~

I like that underwater feels a little like I am out of my element cuz well IT IS. On land Geralt feels like a beast underwater i feel vulnerable even though the crossbow is like 100 times more powerful underwater.

^ this. I like that it's a bit tough for a witcher to be dealing with the sea. Sure, it's a bit of a pain at first with looting but tbh i've actually mastered that skill now and have no problem.

so each to their own. so far on skellige, i've felt no urge to go sea faring more than i've needed to. i dont think hunting down every single treasure trove on the map is a particular amazingly interesting way to play to begin with. if you're a completionist, you'll be doing a lot of treasure hunting. i think having the opportunity to do those kinds of things is nice if someone is really into that, but you don't have to do all of it.

To each their own. If not being l33t in one aspect of the game makes you hate it then the only thing is to stop playing because games are meant to be enjoyable and if you are not enjoying yourself you should play something you do enjoy playing.

I get this, and I like the idea. It's a "to each their own" and I respect that. Like I said in my original post, I get that games are played differently by different people. I hate games like Dark Souls because challenge, for me, is not enjoyable in gaming. I'm glad you enjoy it within the mythos of the game, Geralt is vulnerable, but not so much on land. Random question, is that ever addressed in the series? I am not criticizing your way of playing by the way, just wondering.

I stick by my assessment; to those who think I whine, well, isn't that what a board is for? I appreciate all of your insights. As I said, I will re-work my strategy and finish main and "side-quests" and let go of my completionist mentality for this game. Sorry for the confusion, I consider markers as "side quests" I understand they are irrelevant in a sense, but I don't usually distinguish.

This is so childish. Even let's say I agree with everything you said about the water quests (and I do) Witcher 3 has provided way more value for money than every other game I've played in recent memory, perhaps ever. When I think of the other games I've bought recently that cost the same as Witcher 3, and then I think about what I got out of those games (looking at you, Pillars of Eternity) and what I got out of Witcher 3, well there is no comparison at all.

Game is not perfect but to throw a sissy fit just because of some side quests that any normal person can ignore makes me think you must be a young kid.

Wow people are actually trying to pick up ALL of those treasure chests in the ocean. I picked up 5 percent of them and I still finished the game with 37k that I will NEVER SPEND.

The best advice I could give someone new to the game, or who is frustrated with the game, is DO NOT LOOT EVERYTHING. You need to loot about 5 percent of everything to have the freedom to buy anything you want. Furthermore swords and armor are cheap to buy and the good swords and armor are tied to the main quests or the master armor-smith quests. My guess is I spent no more than 5k during the course of the game.

The best advice I could give someone new to the game, or who is frustrated with the game, is DO NOT LOOT EVERYTHING.

I agree, but come on... a huge part of the draw in games like this is surely "What's in that chest?" If I see a chest stuck forty feet up a tree that overhangs a lava-filled chasm, I'll virtually break the game's mechanics just to find out. :D

Completionist?
OCD?
Insane?

Likely all of the above...

Hmm... is swimming underwater with controller really that bad? I'm playing TW3 with kb+m and haven't had any issues navigating Geralt underwater...

Pro tip: If you want to be more maneuverable under water all you gotta do is stop completely before changing direction. Also practice a bit with forwards + surface/dive buttons.

Geralt is vulnerable, but not so much on land. Random question, is that ever addressed in the series?

It gets brought up in the books several times. It wouldn't surprise me if they mention it somewhere in the games, too, but no specific reference springs to mind.

Yeah I've stopped playing because of the horrendous controls as well. In 25 years of gaming I've only ever seen one game with controls this awful and it was Gothic III. I'm waiting now to see if they patch it, or if someone mods it, to fix the controls.

Swimming and horse chase quests are the worst. Sprinting with the horse is just outrageous. Unless you just hold the button and let the game travel on a road for you, even the slightest nudge of the control stick sends you running in the opposite direction to your target and you fail the quest. But general movement itself is just bad. The camera is bad, I often find myself falling off cliffs in battles or when trying to loot bodies or boxes, or getting stuck on trees, door, gates and so forth.

Compared to a game with very similar gameplay, like Shadows of Mordor, Witcher 3 controls and movement are just unacceptably terrible.

I'm curious, are the ones complaining about control issue in this game playing on controller or kb+m as well cos it's weird that I have not had this issue...

I'm curious, are the ones complaining about control issue in this game playing on controller or kb+m as well cos it's weird that I have not had this issue...

I hate the water controls, and I play with a controller. I think it probably really comes down to that - with KB/M you're used to pressing a button to go in a direction, but with the controller, there's this weird conflict between pointing your nose in the direction you want to go, pressing the buttons for diving and surfacing, and some jank that happens when you try to swim faster.

Oh yes because those Smugglers Caches in Skellige are so valuable amirite? They contain nothing but worthless crafting materials that I already have 20+ of.

Although underwater controls are a bit shitty it doesn't make the game unplayable.

I didn't like them at all, the controls made it unpleasant, in the end I just ignored them.

How can you be completionist and not be used to difficulty? As you just said you hate difficult games like Dark Souls which is why I'm not surprised you went ape shit
on this game just cause of the underwater aspect of it, but come on. I'm a completionist as well but thank god my OCD never went full on like yours lol.

---------- Updated at 10:01 AM ----------

No idea on their part, I've been playing with an xbox controller and haven't had any problem with maneuvering, the only thing that pissed me off occasionally in combat is geralt auto switching from silver to steel swords whenever I look at another enemy for a sec even though I'm locked on another one lol. Wish there was a in game option to off auto switching completely, since I loved killing asshole characters with a silver sword like the monsters they are.

I hate the water controls, and I play with a controller. I think it probably really comes down to that - with KB/M you're used to pressing a button to go in a direction, but with the controller, there's this weird conflict between pointing your nose in the direction you want to go, pressing the buttons for diving and surfacing, and some jank that happens when you try to swim faster.

I see, thanks for the clarification, have not had to use controller for the longest time in my life. I was worried at first with using kb+m as I remember there was severe lack of kb+m coverage for TW3 prior to release, however, I'm now glad that it works really well.

It seems to me that OP don't know how to play because i never had any troubles with them and i have no idea what he is talking about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom