Let's Guess The PC Version's System Requirements

+
Let's Guess The PC Version's System Requirements

I know, it's really early and all to be talking and asking the dev's what kind of system requirements Witcher 2 PC version might have...So, let's take guesses at the system requirements for...RequiredRecommendedand of course NVidia 3D Requirements (if it'll support that). :pAnd let's see sometime down the line when they release the REAL requirements how well our guesses were... ;)

Braag

Forum veteran
I just got a new 260GTX so I'm not too worried myself :pBut judging by the visuals of the trailer I guess the recommended reqs will be something like- A Good Core 2 Duo Processor- 9800GTish GPU- 2GB Ram.It's pretty normal these days.

I'm sure the requirements won't be too high. TW2 looks great so far but there are other games that look better and don't have terribly high requirements. Also, there is going to be a console version meaning they'll want to make sure it can look good on lower grade hardware.

If you can run games like Bad Copmpany 2, Assassin's Creed II, GTAIV or Crysis, you should be fine to run TW2 maxed out..... :p

I will say that if you can run Crysis 2 then you will be able to run TW 2 but that dosen't help much, dose it.But like I sed the graphycs are amazing and beautiful so expect Duel Core cpu's to be a minimum.

sanok16 said:
I will say that if you can run Crysis 2 then you will be able to run TW 2 but that dosen't help much, dose it.But like I sed the graphycs are amazing and beautiful so expect Duel Core cpu's to be a minimum.
If you can run Crysis (dont need even to be the Crysis 2) maxed out, then you can run any fking piece o software in the world with easy, hehe!!! :p

Max-Payne said:
I hope it won't be too heavy to run...Mass Effect 2 req-like will be fine. ;D
Graphics in ME2 is a sh*t in compare with W2. So requirements would much more bigger, I think... PC upgrade is unavoidable :(

I'm not sure if I'm in a right place, but let's try: Can I change the CPU speed (or something) by myself? It's too low and I would like to have it changed before TW2 (yeah, like I would be in a hurry...), but I don't know how to do it. Should I prepare for purchasing new devices?CPU SpeedRecommended: 3.0 GHz ( TW1)You Have: 1.60 GHz Performance Rated at: 2.4 GHz Other than that I think I could run TW2 pretty well. Though it did look so great and detailed.. hopefully not too much for my computer.

xartius said:
Graphics in ME2 is a sh*t in compare with W2. So requirements would much more bigger, I think... PC upgrade is unavoidable :(
This time the engine is made by CDProject, so there is a chance that W2 will be super-ultra optimized. :)Ok, now I stop dreaming and start to set aside some money... :(

Max-Payne said:
Max-Payne said:
This time the engine is made by CDProject, so there is a chance that W2 will be super-ultra optimized. :)Ok, now I stop dreaming and start to set aside some money... :(
TW1 was not really optimized to be honest.

Are we expecting this game to be solely DirectX 9 and 32-bit like most games or will there perhaps be DirectX 10 or 11 and/or 64-bit support. I hope the latter is the case as I have a pretty good gaming PC and I like to put it to use ;D

Windows Vista Ultimate4GB DDR3 1333MhzAMD Phenom II - Quad Core 3.2GhzSapphire ATI 5770 1GBShould have no probs as the game is in the development with todays decent hardware.

Das RigIntel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0ghz(2) GeForce 8800GT AKIMBO 1GB ea. in SLI8GB OCZ DDR2 800(2) WD Velociraptors in RAID 0The fastest computer I ever built, and in a wolrd of muli-platform gaming, she's still running games maxed almost 3 years later. The Witcher 2 has me worried though.

Hm, I think it'll need something like that:Octocore@10 GHz4x ATI RADEON HD9999100GB RAM5TB hard driveWindows 13As the minimum requirements, of course.

My bet:If my rig able to run "Witcher Mysterious Secrets" on ultra settings i don't have reason to worry 8)

Top Bottom