[Lighting Mod] STLM 2.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at KNG other, relased mod Native DoF and my Toussaint Sharpening mod. They both change env values in-game, you can take one of these mods, look how it's done and just include other env variables in custom mounted env. Then just write some exec functions/create a menu for adjusting the values. You can then save the vars in log and apply them permanently to the env you want in mod editor after you're done with adjusting. Not perfect but much better than this:

1. Edit value.
2. Pack the mod.
3. Start game.
4. Load save.
5. If you're not happy with the results repeat.

And with something like what I described you won't have to restart the game and repack everything billion times.

yeah I will start doing it tomorrow, the thing is I don't have experience with scripting beside html and css, but with copying structures and edit them I should be able to do it, much work, but yeah Maybe I get some help and we could get this achieved.

I already edited envs and know what the variables look like, and god there are many.
(didn't got good results)

leak...red...kit ?

Ah, some peoples desperately looking for attention ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), stop taking this game and modding it too seriously, there are many other great things out there

Ah, some peoples desperately looking for attention ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), stop taking this game and modding it too seriously, there are many other great things out there

don't worry I am truely aware of it, and I think I did spend more time on other things out there than modding the game compared to yourself :p

Isn't it naive to think that "all he is doing" is modifying variables?

No, my friend this is not "all he is doing". What he is doing is he studies every single one of the hundreds of values and tries to find a perfect match from the infinite results that these variables could give us when mixed with each other.. And without having the proper tools but just a script editor, he is doing work ten times harder than a developers' work, not to mention the out-fucking-standing results he is giving us without pay.

That's a fantisticized way to regurgitate what you are replying to. What he does pretty much is tweak values until it looks close to the E3 demo, sorry to break that romanticized illusion that he his some expert in TW3 lighting. Anyone with enough time no their hands and patience can come up with this, but Essenthy has been doing this for a year and a half and is why there aren't many real env mods out there (there are around 5 that I'm aware off) because it is so off-putting and it is truly commendable, even some of my unreleased envs took way more time to do simple edits than I'd like to admit had a proper tool.

and more work =I more knowlodge

Just a friendly advice, next time, please, be more respectful when talking about people who sweat about things you wouldn't, be more careful talking about things you do not comprehend.

You sound like you never made an env mod, even with more recent options it is such a boring thing to do that its why people who have worked with it before facepalm when we see asinine shit like this.

That's a fantisticized way to regurgitate what you are replying to. What he does pretty much is tweak values until it looks close to the E3 demo, sorry to break that romanticized illusion that he his some expert in TW3 lighting. Anyone with enough time no their hands and patience can come up with this, but Essenthy has been doing this for a year and a half and is why there aren't many real env mods out there (there are around 5 that I'm aware off) because it is so off-putting and it is truly commendable, even some of my unreleased envs took way more time to do simple edits than I'd like to admit had a proper tool.

and more work =I more knowlodge

You sound like you never made an env mod, even with more recent options it is such a boring thing to do that its why people who have worked with it before facepalm when we see asinine shit like this.

a year and half editing envs lol ? are you serious ? no sorry i dont have that much time to spend on this, and if you think editing env is that hard and take a lot of time then you're doing it wrong

a year and half editing envs lol ? are you serious ? no sorry i dont have that much time to spend on this, and if you think editing env is that hard and take a lot of time then you're doing it wrong

well, you released STLM in september, last year, according to nexus, so at least 1 year.
And what ppl are saying here is about it being time consuming, and not necessarily hard

I didn't say doing .envs were a hard thing to do, just boring and time consuming. And since you've been working on STLM since the game released, I'd estimated that you've been working on it (not continuosly, that'd be insane) for almost a year and a half.

well, you released STLM in september, last year, according to nexus, so at least 1 year.
And what ppl are saying here is about it being time consuming, and not necessarily hard

Yes, but he wasn't working on it 24/7, I think that's what he meant.

Also can we change the subject? I think there is no point continuing in this topic, unless we want this thread to be closed.

ehh yeah no, am not a developer and am not payed for this to work on it for a year, if i had to accumulate all the time STLM took me it would probably be around 2 month, the reason i dont release updates faster is because i dont have time for it, because of my job and enjoying other games and well i get bored out it fast, not because its hard or time consuming

it was time consuming at the start to figure things out, but now its rather annoying because of how packing and unpacking is irritating after a certain time, and again there are many other great game am enjoying other than W3

Last edited:
Yes, but he wasn't working on it 24/7, I think that's what he meant.

Also can we change the subject? I think there is no point continuing in this topic, unless we want this thread to be closed.
Good point.

I think we should be grateful with what we already have, rather than squander it; and we should be thankful that we have what we've got, cause without essenthy, we'd probably have diddly squat.

We should be excited for what essenthy has in store, but we must realise that he is human, and has his own life to deal with like we all do; on top of the fact that this is a very draining process.

This kind of modding is different than the rest, for instance, relating to other stuff he's done, like in Watch_Dogs, where you only need to change a few hex values; then you're set. But this stuff is way more tedious, and requires way more 3rd party support (as in user made tools-outdated at that)

Last edited:
I didn't say doing .envs were a hard thing to do, just boring and time consuming. And since you've been working on STLM since the game released, I'd estimated that you've been working on it (not continuosly, that'd be insane) for almost a year and a half.

no there was no STLM at release, i was enjoying the game like everyone else at the time, despit the downgrade drama before the release on the forums, everyone got sucked into the greatness of the W3, but then once we all finished the game we all started to notice all the changes and some peoples tried to mod it, including myself, KNG was the first to figure things out

and i dont consider making STLM as " work " i have a lot of fun editing env and see the change in game and i learned a shitload of things about lighting because of that, i would have never gone to learn them otherwise, the bad part again is packing and unpacking, its just depressing

no there was no STLM at release, i was enjoying the game like everyone else at the time, despit the downgrade drama before the release on the forums, everyone got sucked into the greatness of the W3, but then once we all finished the game we all started to notice all the changes and some peoples tried to mod it, including myself, KNG was the first to figure things out

and i dont consider making STLM as " work " i have a lot of fun editing env and see the change in game and i learned a shitload of things about lighting because of that, i would have never gone to learn them otherwise, the bad part again is packing and unpacking, its just depressing

So you still will work on it right? Slow or not. Because I am still waiting for it to finish my game LOL :D If you will never release 2.3 I will not play this game. :D

ehh yeah no, am not a developer and am not payed for this to work on it for a year, if i had to accumulate all the time STLM took me it would probably be around 2 month, the reason i dont release updates faster is because i dont have time for it, because of my job and enjoying other games and well i get bored out it fast, not because its hard or time consuming

i obviously did not mean 24/7 work, dunno why ppl think that.
Anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom