Loading problems

+
Loading problems

In the past I had problems loading the game. But I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now I can load an autosave, ratherly fast, but I can't load a save that I did myself.

In my case I have a intel core i7 of 3.4 ghrz
8 gigas of ram
and an ati video card if 1 giga.
My hard drive is of 1 tera partitioned in two parts of 512 gigas each.

Can anyone help me with that problem?
Perhaps I have to uninstal the game again hahaha.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the help.

Are you using steam or not?

This is a topic discussing steam cloud saving

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29207-some-notes-on-steam-cloud-saving/

The only thing I can think about is if your manual save games are from such a early version of TW 2 that they now have become corrupted in some way (In other words, you saved the game then patched it, which caused the save game to be faulty).

Try starting a new game and manually save your game and see if this works.

Alternative you could always try to check your save folder location and see if your manual save files for some reason aren't directed to that specific folder and/or run CCleaner or a similar program and check for some registry errors.

Juuuhan said:
Are you using steam or not?

This is a topic discussing steam cloud saving

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29207-some-notes-on-steam-cloud-saving/

The only thing I can think about is if your manual save games are from such a early version of TW 2 that they now have become corrupted in some way (In other words, you saved the game then patched it, which caused the save game to be faulty).

Try starting a new game and manually save your game and see if this works.

Alternative you could always try to check your save folder location and see if your manual save files for some reason aren't directed to that specific folder and/or run CCleaner or a similar program and check for some registry errors.

Of course I am using steam
I runned CCleaner and now I can't save the game, even the autosaves are corrupted.
I started playing the witcher 2 after the patch, now that I remember I started having problems with saving since I installed "Razer Game Booster" and I erased the bonus content, but I uninstalled that program and run CCleaner and no solution yet.

OMG.

I am going to uninstall the game and reinstall it for the third time and see if that is the solution to my problems. And maybe I need to have the bonus content installed to be able to save games.

Thanks for your concern Juuuhan, you are very kind.

Op, have you tried moving all but one of your saves to another folder? Sometimes it takes a longer time loading if there are too many files in the gamesaves folder.

cmdrsilverbolt said:
Op, have you tried moving all but one of your saves to another folder? Sometimes it takes a longer time loading if there are too many files in the gamesaves folder.

Well cmdr_silverbolt, in "documents" there was a folder with save files.

The next thing that I tried is going to options in the witcher 2 and disabiling steamclod saves, but still I cant save a game.

This is so sad. I want to make an alchemist witcher, but if I cant save the game I cant do it.

Someone please help.

Hulkmania said:
Of course I am using steam
I runned CCleaner and now I can't save the game, even the autosaves are corrupted.
I started playing the witcher 2 after the patch, now that I remember I started having problems with saving since I installed "Razer Game Booster" and I erased the bonus content, but I uninstalled that program and run CCleaner and no solution yet.

OMG.

I am going to uninstall the game and reinstall it for the third time and see if that is the solution to my problems. And maybe I need to have the bonus content installed to be able to save games.

Thanks for your concern Juuuhan, you are very kind.

Using CCleaner and Game Boosters etc. aren't going to help one bit.. CCleaner is cleaning up your registry database internally in Windows, which is almost never responsible for anything crash/bug related.. It's just a registry of information, it does not contain .exe files, driver files or anything else that can cause instability. You are allowing a piece of software full access to the "inner circles" of your OS, without knowing much about what it does.. If some registry keys are left over from a install/uninstall, they won't harm your system in any way, no need to remove them with CCleaner etc... Those keys are just reduntant, not slowing anything down (a database search is REALLY fast today).
Game Booster shuts down internal services that are not crucial, but running with an i7 you shouldn't have to do that.. Your system is fast enough to have those services running without causing any slowdown..

Best you can do is just use your OS like it is, with some antivirus.

dragonbird said:
Did you go through the steps described in the link Juuuhan gave, for disabling Steamcloud?

If all else fails, you could use the GoG version
http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup
I tried but I can't do this

"1) Exit Steam and make sure that Steam Cloud (right-click on Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in steam library, choose "preferences" then click "Updates" tab, then check "Enable steam synchronization...") is enabled."

Exiting Steam and to do right clik on Wicher 2 requires for me to access steam, the instruction is a contradiction.

Top Bottom