low fps problems with a higher end pc

+
low fps problems with a higher end pc

Hello all I am having problems with my fps right now running on high or ultra I am only getting about 25 fps. This makes no sense because I can play the Witcher 3 on ultra with 60 fps. My system specs are a 4790k with a gtx 980 and 16 gb of ram. Any help or possible things that could help are welcome and appreciated.

yeah I have that turned off and it didn't help at all im still running 25 fps and I have tried to tweak some other settings and nothing has worked so far.

Hello everyone when I saw this post I am jumping in, I have the same specs as OP (4790k 16gb MSI Gaming GTX 980 and temperatures are low and cool, no OC)
Running the game 2560 x 1080 (ultra wide patch fix enabled)
Ultra settings w ubersampling dips to 15 fps in cut scenes and 25-35 fps in game.
Ultra settings w/o ubersampling dips to 25fps in cut scenes and 45-65 fps in game

The CPU is the bottle neck, not the graphics card or the graphics options. I get 22-30 frames too on A-10 5750m CPU.
A 4790K is hardly a bottle neck for any game today, or for years to come. For TW2 it probably stays at around 50% load.

I have the exact same problem. My specs are:

5820K @ 4,4 Ghz
16Gb DDR4
970GTX @ 1420Mhz GPU and 7500Mhz mem.

The GPU stays at around 65c, so no throttling.

With high settings (no ubersampling) I avarage arund 30-35 fps i Flotsham. Running on lowest settings I get slightly worse fps than the guy in the video.

There's obviously some issue with newer GTX-cards.

I think this is just the game, I run the witcher 2 on lowest graphics without lag but when i... well started or tried out the witcher 1 it lagged more than 2.. I don't know what causes it but on some games it just always gives lagg on high graphics

When my old GTX580 gives a higher framerate, I don't think it's "just the game". Seriously, we're talking about modern top tier graphics cards performing like crap on a 4,5 years old game. There's something seriously wrong with that.

I'm having the same problem.
Even with a gtx 980 and a 5820k

---------- Updated at 05:12 PM ----------

Well, I disabled the Dangling Objects Limit and was able to have 60 fps on the cut scenes.
But in game, still not having a good fps, someting between 35 ~50 fps

Something wrong with your nvidia graphics... I have 2500K@4.3GHz. 8GB DDR3 RAM and Radeon R9 290, and on ultra w/o ubersampling I have constant 60FPS.
But i heard that nvidia geforce experience have some kind of gameplay recording/transmitting option. Maybe it's turned on? When I try to transmit W2 through steam I got 30-40FPS with heavy lagging.

I think it is the newer graphics drivers. Try an older graphics driver if you can. If youse using windows 10, maybe try on an older windwos, 7 or 8. Maybe that'll fix things.

I don't understand how a lot of you guys have issues.

With a 560 Ti 1 GB, 8 GB and FX 6300 at 4.5 Ghz, I get 35-50 FPS in 1080p, maxed, without Ubersampling or Cinematic Depth of Field (basically Bokeh DoF in cutscenes).

When I had a 280X, burrowed from a friend, I had 60 fps, same settings, all throughout the game.

Both of these with latest drivers, Windows 10 TH2 x64.

Last edited:
Top Bottom