Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can only speculate at the moment, what I do know is that the number of options given in dialogue choices remained more or less consistent throughout CDPR's recent titles (Witcher 2, Witcher 3, Blood and Wine). This may or may not be related to Geralt's character, CDPR's writing/design philosophy, cost related tradeoffs, or other factors.
As @Snowflakez said, very true.

But one can hope CDPR will take "RPG" to heart and have as many dialog option as are reasonable.
Since (apparently) there's always an option to pull a weapon and start combat that doesn't need to be a dialog option.
So presumably even having 2-3 means "Agree", "Disagree", and "More Information" the the very least. Hopefully there are more then that because I'd say that's obviously the bare minimum.

Actions that are always available and do not require additional voice acting will probably be present in addition to the usual Witcher style dialogue options, so at least in that sense there will likely be an increase. Of course, the number of actual conversation branches depends on the situation, in TW3 it can be anything from 2 to 8, the smaller numbers are just much more common.

I’ve been looking through some of the polish previews and they had me quite surprised tbh. While they aren’t listing any flaws as such they seem to be less optimistic than the ones that came out back in 2013 in relation to TW3. They’re certainly much less optimistic than the western previews.
Most of them ended on a rather happy but cautious tone which is more suprising rather than worrying.

I’ve been looking through some of the polish previews and they had me quite surprised tbh. While they aren’t listing any flaws as such they seem to be less optimistic than the ones that came out back in 2013 in relation to TW3. They’re certainly much less optimistic than the western previews.
Most of them ended on a rather happy but cautious tone which is more suprising rather than worrying.
I think it's a good thing, dialing down the hype a bit, being more realistic.

Witcher is VERY BIG in Poland compared to Cyberpunk. And its not just the press, average gamer from Poland has much less interest in this game compared to Witcher, even if you look how active was Polish forum during Witcher 3 campaign, and how it's now. It will be game which will appeal much more in USA and western european market.

Rock paper shotgun is known for focusing on that sort of stuff. I believe back in 2013, with the release of the first trailer, they focused heavily on "Why did you show a scantily clad woman?" in their interview. :rolleyes:

Rock,Prude,Shotgun are a little too shy in that dept. Definitely prudes,to a certain degree.

Possibly interesting bit of information from someone who apparently saw the E3 demo: V is born in 2054, so it looks like the protagonist will have a fixed age, if the information is correct. It would make sense though with the voice acting and likely somewhat pre-defined backstory.

Possibly interesting bit of information from someone who apparently saw the E3 demo: V is born in 2054, so it looks like the protagonist will have a fixed age, if the information is correct. It would make sense though with the voice acting and likely somewhat pre-defined backstory.
Yeah, age is essentially the least my of concerns, and it does make sense with a mostly pre-defined backstory, as you said. Not that bothered by it.

Hmm. I wonder how much this will flavor V's dialog, if at all. 22 is very young.

Hmm. I wonder how much this will flavor V's dialog, if at all. 22 is very young.
Growing up in NC would force V to mature quickly. The motto for raising children in NC is 'Scar 'em young. Scar 'em deep. Scar 'em often.'

Any word on contextual first person animations? Opening doors, picking objects, pressing buttons, etc...like in say, Far Cry games? Or it's instant telekinesis?( TES/Fallout).

Handplaced objects in the world, or more static background GTA/AC/Witcher?

They don't need to go overboard on this, but this adds to sense of "physicality" of the world? Same is with dropping objects from the inventory screen.

I didn't see anyone mention this for some reason ( but should be pretty obvious to anyone who saw the demo).

Kinda similar to Deus Ex, where JC Denton was 23 years old during the events of the first game (though you couldn't really tell due to his voice).

Any word on contextual first person animations? Opening doors, picking objects, pressing buttons, etc...like in say, Far Cry games? Or it's instant telekinesis?( TES/Fallout).

I'd personally prefer pyrokinesis if they must go the second route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom