Meditating on harder difficulties

+
Meditating on harder difficulties

The whole no health regen on harder difficulties really is a worthless thing. Once you get decent versions of swallow and lots of alcohol it doesn't matter all that much. Personally, I'd rather go back to a system like TW1. You can only meditate at camp fires and inns. Additionally, these are the only times you can create alchemy potions, upgrade your character, and adjust your skills in use. As an added effect, your health regenerates. Since many times you get into battles at camps and stuff, it would be a quick way to regenerate health without sitting around eating food.

EDIT: Sorry, please move to the main TW3 forum. Didn't realize I was in the story subforum.

The whole no health regen on harder difficulties really is a worthless thing. Once you get decent versions of swallow and lots of alcohol it doesn't matter all that much. Personally, I'd rather go back to a system like TW1. You can only meditate at camp fires and inns. Additionally, these are the only times you can create alchemy potions, upgrade your character, and adjust your skills in use. As an added effect, your health regenerates. Since many times you get into battles at camps and stuff, it would be a quick way to regenerate health without sitting around eating food.

EDIT: Sorry, please move to the main TW3 forum. Didn't realize I was in the story subforum.

Well, if you don't want to gorge on chicken drumsticks and down Swallow potions, you could always pick up the Sun and Stars ability. Personally, I like the existing system. I don't like the idea of having to go to an inn or another designated spot to make potions, upgrade skills, etc. Too tedious.

I am wondering if it is even worth to play on harder difficulties. I tried all from easiest setting to the death march, and from my perspective the only difference is that fights take longer, and bassicly thats it.

I enjoyed the most when i played on story&sword difficulty which is normal setting i belive. Which in exchange also lets you regen life while meditating, which made game less anoying to me, but nothing else.

I started playing on the 1st harder difficulty around the time I went to the Isles of Mists. I think it was a good decision, as I did end up having tons of alcohol and other food items to regen vitality faster. Didn't really find it necessary to meditate as much, unless I really couldn't bare to do a quest/exploration at night because of how dark it was.

Well, if you don't want to gorge on chicken drumsticks and down Swallow potions, you could always pick up the Sun and Stars ability. Personally, I like the existing system. I don't like the idea of having to go to an inn or another designated spot to make potions, upgrade skills, etc. Too tedious.

I used that for a while. The regen rate is way too slow for me. By the time I get into another fight, my health hardly regenerates.

Top Bottom