[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I give up hope that they will do something with the post ending stuff, if i want a real open world game i go back and play that dam heavily modded skyrim, even if that game have a crap story and it's 4 years old. TW3 is a great game to play once, maybe twice if you force yourself to play it and if you do all the quests and stuff before the main story ends. Maybe some people are happy with the game like it is but i am not, or maybe i was expecting to much from the CDPR.

Uh.. but what's so better in Skyrim as far as endgame results? In fact, Skyrim gives you 0 consequences for the main story, so much so DRAGONS are still randomly spawning after you defeat Alduin and "fix" stuff.

In fact, Witcher 3 is so much better giving us a glimpse of normalised 6 months later postgame world, with the White Orchard scenario.

I repeat: if you want "Skyrim" just reload a savegame from before the latest Chapter, where everything is as it was. That's the extent of other Rpgs endgame worlds anyway.

Now i may hit the nail on the head or say something completely absurd with the following statement.

The main point about this debate is:
The majority of us can't accept the fact, that this was the very last adventure of Geralt. After playing three games over the years, maybe reading the books and/or comics and so on, it is over.

I think many of us, myself included, tried to compensate it by leaving a handful of quests/undiscovered places open before the last chapter, with the intention of completing them in the post-game and thus deciding ourself, when and how to end Geralts adventure.

This opportunity was denied by the missing post-game. We "land" in the past, nearly all main characters are missing etc. We all know this and i do not need to explain it any futher.

I see two solutions.

1. Keep hoping. Try something else while waiting. I started anew on Death March and try to keep a slow pace. I won't start the last chapter before playing the two DLCs (because they will likely play before the last chapter).
2. Just accept the fact, that it's over and put the game aside. The party was long and everybody had their fun, but it's now time to go home.
The thing is: Will we buy the Expansion Pass, after putting the game aside? Just load a save prior to the last chapter or even load the last save and play with an empty world?
Probably not.
Though CDRP doesn't deserve a "dismantling" of their fanbase. I mean we're talking about CDPR. For me, simply the best.
But also very simply: I can't hide my feelings and thus this whole disappointment.

The thing is: Will we buy the Expansion Pass, after putting the game aside? Just load a save prior to the last chapter or even load the last save and play with an empty world?
Probably not.

I'm pretty sure playing the expansions with a post-endgame lvl 36+ Gerald would be a bad idea regardless of the matter at hand, seeing how they are almost surely set during the earlier chapters of the game ergo much lower level.

Same as all expansions for all RPGs not aimed at high level characters, you either load an old savegame or start a new playthrough if you want to experience them fully..

Hello Community!,

I didn't knew that there was a game like The Witcher before and started with The Witcher 3 and even I disliked the ending.
It felt like a part from the game was ripped of, since you could not speak with any of the maincharacters anymore..
It already has been said that we should make some noise, but posting a sentence here in a Forum may not be enough..
They have other platforms were we should make noise in.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/WitcherGame
Twitter: https://twitter.com/witchergame
FB-Page: https://www.facebook.com/DEthewitcher?fref=ts

Make some noise there aswell! "#SavetheEnding" or something like that? I hope some hop on the train!

And they unfortunately responded:

Hello there,

We're not going to recreate the state of the world after the ending of the game, as it would demand enormous changes in the game's content. Actually, this would be a bigger content change than all our DLCs and Expansion Passes summed up.

There are also no plans on changing Triss's storyline.

Well, I'm sure that your friends won't pay for future DLCs as they are all free Only Expansion Passes will cost money. - they should be released in Autumn.

Ok so first off i just want to say the same thing i said when first posting my replies from CDPR support,
Keep in mind that this is just a tech support person replying!

I would also like to point out that there reply basically says the same as what the RED member posted a while back and can be read in the thread starters original post.

i for one wasn't expecting them to "recreate the state of the world" because of what the RED member had said before.

i would also like to point out that this thread is mainly about the Empty / Hollow feeling of them removing the main characters in the post game world.
and a lot (including myself.) just want to see them come back so the world doesn't feel so empty / lonely in the post game.

No where in the reply does it say they wont bring the characters back or that they wont do anything to fix the empty / hollow state of the post game world.

it basically states they are not going to recreate the state of the world to reflect all the possible outcomes as it would require to many resources.

something i thought they had already made pretty clear in there post on this thread.

My opinion is still the same i believe they will address the empty / hollowness of the post game and i believe they will bring the characters back.

That being said thank you for your post because it created a spark of new conversation in this thread.
and also i still encourage guests and members to express there feelings and there ideas about the post game.

as i said before according to statistics most people haven't even beat the game yet and when they do beat the game a lot of them end up here on this thread expressing they feel the same as the OP, the game feels empty / lonely / hollow and just want to have the characters in the post game so they can keep playing.

as time goes on, this issue gets bigger and more apparent everyday and the more people that post there thoughts and feelings toward the issue the better the odds CDPR will do something and wont be able to just ignore the issue.

remember this is a new game and its only been out for a month and 5 days its still in the early stages of release and we already had 3 patches with more confirmed to be on the way.

Also going to re-post some real news from a real interview with CDPR and not just a reply from tech support.

Community & Website Coordinator at Projekt RED, Marcin Momot, revealed that while the next patch would fix a few issues, 1.07 is set to be the big one.

"We are working on another, pretty big update which will bring a large number of amendments to the game," Momot said.
"We are hoping to release 1.05 on consoles next week. The next patch (the huge one) will be numbered 1.07 across all platforms.

"Consoles have some other issues (some are really time consuming to fix) and we want to make sure everything works as intended when released. We ask for a little bit more patience.

"The 1.07 is actually going to be a pretty large patch. We are already working on it. It's not going to be too long before it comes out. Can't talk about the detailed list of changes but it will features A LOT of fixes."

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/586410/The-Witcher-3-Xbox-One-DLC-Wild-Hunt-PS4-update

Yeah. I want the game to have a proper endgame and I lie to ppl about CDPR support saying to me they don't plan to change endgame content...makes sense.
One can't trust Van'ka from Moscow. He is dirty, illiterate and most likely hangs with bears, and likes to make things up. lol/

I finally finished today and got the same ending as the OP and I went to Vizima to try and talk to Ciri or her Father and to my surprise no one was there. I tried to find Yen or Triss and could not. Went to Skellig to talk with Cryes and could not find her either. So I started to do a Google search which lead me here. I am not happy with their decision to leave out the main characters after end game. I wanted to talk with them to see how they were doing and nothing. Hopefully they will put them back in the endgame.

Oh jeez, after reading this I've actually had to comment.

This is seriously a case of doomed if you do doomed if you don't.

What is asked for is pretty much meaningless or impossible, if CDPR would've put the characters as a shell in their former place (The Inn, KM etc...) but let them do nothing there would be just as much uproar.

What people actually want is the impossible to have a seamless "unending" content when the main characters scripts are still fully functional when the game and the main story has defacto ended.

This would not only require a metric ton of content, but is also an immersion breaker on its own.

The story ends with the epilogue, there is no place for neither Geralt or any other main NPC in the world as it is, heck considering some of the endings half of your main NPC's would've been hunted and burned at the steak, but in none of them do is see a place for them to just simply go back to their pre-end-game state as nothing has happened.

None of the endings in the epilogue really leave room for things to continue to go about as they were, Novigrad is in turmoil either because if the witch hunts or because of fall out of Radovind's death.

Every other main place has also changed greatly at least on paper by the events, and everyone seems to be moving on in the epilogue, and so should you.

The events of W3 changed the world, and every character, you can't simply say well put those NPC's in those 3 places based on ending A B and C and expect it to feel any better than how the world looks like now.

If anything how the world looks like now is more like it "should" look based on the epilogue the main fighting is over most life has been normalized, and life as you know it tends to be quite plain and boring.

As for the demands from CDPR to implement major changes to how the state of the end game, besides them being quite unreasonable they are also most likely not possible.

Any major change to the game will require creation of content, and most importantly additional voice assets, and here is where you hit a major issue.
The recordings for the game are done, and I'm about 110% sure that they are also done for both planned expansions as this is the norm with such productions.
Getting the actors signed up and recording the assets (in what 5+ languages) requires an enormous amount of resources that CDPR will not spend, and most likely can't afford.

Getting every major voice actor renewing their contract and recording new lines will probably cost more than i would cost to finish the development of the 2 pre-planned expansions.

Not to mention that any change to the end state of the world will also mean that a pre-epilogue world will be enacted this is an issue on it self which most likely leave just as many people unsatisfied / wanting more.

People would expect to see some outcome of their actions with Roach/Dij/Radovid, people would want too see this and that, there will never be a state which will satisfy anyone to any reasonable extent yet alone everyone.

So yeah while seeing and empty castle (like 3-4 NPC's with 2 lines will make it less empty) isn't that much to look at it's at least an ending, the baddies are dead, everyone else moved on, see ya next time.

And this pretty much plagues every open world game, you either get a world in which all non-generic quest NPC's have been "removed" and no one really cares for "who" you are since the main story is over, or you get a patchy world in which the main NPC's serve as trophies which degrades the entire plot of the game and any effect you had on the world in the 1st place.

I think a major backlash for this is because people still think of W3 as a 10/10 game while in fact it's just as flawed as the rest of the witcher game's and in some area's more than the others.

Every Witcher game was plagued by issues ranging from purely technical design constraints to the fact that in every title CDPR was treading into a new territory for them as a studio and without major financial support (they've almost went bankrupt between 2008 and 2010), and since I haven't seen a single good solution to the "open world" RPG problem I don't know what any one here expects them to be able to somehow magically solve it, as it might be unsolvable.

As for people screaming for a reply, what you need to understand is.

CDPR just shipped a game, shipping a game means that there will be a huge restructure within the studio, many people will leave, many will be reassigned, and most importantly many will be finally able to take a break which is a rare thing when you deliver software or any project on the scale of the W3.

You also need to understand that anything they might do has to be compatible with 2 main things 1) their current studio wide plan and 2) their current plan for W3, and the witcher franchise in general.

With all the technical and financial issues aside those 2 mean that there's no easy solution or a quick answer, this isn't something that they can decide to just do and wing it, and after just shipping a game there's probably no one person in CDPR who can or will commit to an answer other than "thank you for your feedback, we do not have any plans at this time".

As for the comparison with ME3 well people forget that:

A) It took BW a month to "reply", and 3 months to release an "extended cut" of a cinematic which didn't really appease anyone.
B) People have a very short memory but the "Citadel" DLC was released over a year after the original game, required a new play through and really was kind of a shitty DLC which didn't resolved most of the actual grievances people had with ME3.

Oh jeez, after reading this I've actually had to comment.

This is seriously a case of doomed if you do doomed if you don't.

What is asked for is pretty much meaningless or impossible, if CDPR would've put the characters as a shell in their former place (The Inn, KM etc...) but let them do nothing there would be just as much uproar.

What people actually want is the impossible to have a seamless "unending" content when the main characters scripts are still fully functional when the game and the main story has defacto ended.

This would not only require a metric ton of content, but is also an immersion breaker on its own.

The story ends with the epilogue, there is no place for neither Geralt or any other main NPC in the world as it is, heck considering some of the endings half of your main NPC's would've been hunted and burned at the steak, but in none of them do is see a place for them to just simply go back to their pre-end-game state as nothing has happened.

None of the endings in the epilogue really leave room for things to continue to go about as they were, Novigrad is in turmoil either because if the witch hunts or because of fall out of Radovind's death.

Every other main place has also changed greatly at least on paper by the events, and everyone seems to be moving on in the epilogue, and so should you.

The events of W3 changed the world, and every character, you can't simply say well put those NPC's in those 3 places based on ending A B and C and expect it to feel any better than how the world looks like now.

If anything how the world looks like now is more like it "should" look based on the epilogue the main fighting is over most life has been normalized, and life as you know it tends to be quite plain and boring.

As for the demands from CDPR to implement major changes to how the state of the end game, besides them being quite unreasonable they are also most likely not possible.

Any major change to the game will require creation of content, and most importantly additional voice assets, and here is where you hit a major issue.
The recordings for the game are done, and I'm about 110% sure that they are also done for both planned expansions as this is the norm with such productions.
Getting the actors signed up and recording the assets (in what 5+ languages) requires an enormous amount of resources that CDPR will not spend, and most likely can't afford.

Getting every major voice actor renewing their contract and recording new lines will probably cost more than i would cost to finish the development of the 2 pre-planned expansions.

Not to mention that any change to the end state of the world will also mean that a pre-epilogue world will be enacted this is an issue on it self which most likely leave just as many people unsatisfied / wanting more.

People would expect to see some outcome of their actions with Roach/Dij/Radovid, people would want too see this and that, there will never be a state which will satisfy anyone to any reasonable extent yet alone everyone.

So yeah while seeing and empty castle (like 3-4 NPC's with 2 lines will make it less empty) isn't that much to look at it's at least an ending, the baddies are dead, everyone else moved on, see ya next time.

And this pretty much plagues every open world game, you either get a world in which all non-generic quest NPC's have been "removed" and no one really cares for "who" you are since the main story is over, or you get a patchy world in which the main NPC's serve as trophies which degrades the entire plot of the game and any effect you had on the world in the 1st place.

I think a major backlash for this is because people still think of W3 as a 10/10 game while in fact it's just as flawed as the rest of the witcher game's and in some area's more than the others.

Every Witcher game was plagued by issues ranging from purely technical design constraints to the fact that in every title CDPR was treading into a new territory for them as a studio and without major financial support (they've almost went bankrupt between 2008 and 2010), and since I haven't seen a single good solution to the "open world" RPG problem I don't know what any one here expects them to be able to somehow magically solve it, as it might be unsolvable.

As for people screaming for a reply, what you need to understand is.

CDPR just shipped a game, shipping a game means that there will be a huge restructure within the studio, many people will leave, many will be reassigned, and most importantly many will be finally able to take a break which is a rare thing when you deliver software or any project on the scale of the W3.

You also need to understand that anything they might do has to be compatible with 2 main things 1) their current studio wide plan and 2) their current plan for W3, and the witcher franchise in general.

With all the technical and financial issues aside those 2 mean that there's no easy solution or a quick answer, this isn't something that they can decide to just do and wing it, and after just shipping a game there's probably no one person in CDPR who can or will commit to an answer other than "thank you for your feedback, we do not have any plans at this time".

As for the comparison with ME3 well people forget that:

A) It took BW a month to "reply", and 3 months to release an "extended cut" of a cinematic which didn't really appease anyone.
B) People have a very short memory but the "Citadel" DLC was released over a year after the original game, required a new play through and really was kind of a shitty DLC which didn't resolved most of the actual grievances people had with ME3.

While I find the post very very reasonable I cannot agree with you fully.
Yes, everyone understands that adding dialogue will be the most complicated and resourse-demanding thing to do.

What most of us want is a REAL "post-storyquest-game". Not "pre-last-story" world state.
Not every "world state should be recreated".

**Spoiler**

In the ending where Ciri is supposedly dead they can leave everything as it is now. The lonely and hollow feel suits this ending very very well.
But in those 2 that are more or less happy there are easy things that could be done. Like changing flags and guards if Nilfgaard wins, remove all Nilf troops if not.
About NPC chars - just add them to appropriate places with ALL the dialogue lines they had throughout the game except for the quest related ones or those not making any sense if those topics are resolved by the main story.
Making a portal in the woods to Geralt&Yen's house is not that hard to do. Or having a fast-travel option to the very same house but with Triss inside if she is romanced. Is it that hard?

Once again the main point is we don't want EVERY world state recreation. It is obvious that it's physically impossible for CDPR. Most of us just want the "post-game" state after the story, not "pre-last-mission" state (like in FFXII). The worst part is that it all could probably be done with RedKit.

Last edited:
If this is done in redkit...

1. It will be very amateur-ish and will look garbage, with unexperienced programmers which will not match the actual quality of the game.

2. Console gamers miss out.

3. The textures will most likely be ripped out of google images.

So I hope CDPR take the initiative to do something about the post story issue. Now obviously I know that it will take time and some resources, people are starting to finish the witcher 3 and they want more, the more people who are talking about it, the higher chance we will get the post game we want.

Last edited:
If this is done in redkit...

1. It will be very amateur-ish and will look garbage, with unexperienced programmers which will not match the actual quality of the game.

2. Console gamers miss out.

3. The textures will most likely be ripped out of google images.

So I hope CDPR take the initiative to do something about the post story issue. Now obviously I know that it will take time and some resources, people are starting to finish the witcher 3 and they want more, the more people who are talking about it, the higher chance we will get the post game we want.

Tell that to Skyrim community who got Falskaar =)

The only correct point - is console players would be left out.

Never underestimate modders.

NEVER.

They have, and WILL produce content of game/expansion/DLC size that will make AAA publishers look bad. I have seen it. And will continue to see it.

But true, that WILL leave out console gamers. So I would prefer CD PR to make that.
And let modders make other stupid or glorious stuff.

It is a matter of priorities.

Like Sagitarii says, including conversations and dialog for all possible worldstates after you finish the game would have been an enormous undertaking.

I would like anyone who thinks this is an easy thing of just keeping the NPCs around to think for a moment.

1) Every NPC would have to react to all possible world-states that affect them. For the major NPCs that would be all of them.
2) They need to have different scenarios of where they are and what they are doing, logically, depending on the endings.
3) Even entire areas might have to change dramatically if we were to showcase the ending world states

And this is just a small list of considerations that ultimately led to the decision to not include this. As is the case with branching stories, they get heftier and heftier the further you go down the branches. To add tailored content to the end world would be a huge a undertaking if we were to do it right (and we don't like to do things unless we do them 'right' particularly when it comes to story and plot).

And before you yell that this was lazy on our part...please remember that we already have one of the heftiest scripts in gaming and so many voice over sessions that it boggles the mind.

Just remember...there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something when it comes to a game like this.

I think it was NOT needed to add things AFTER the game is ended. I know how difficult that IS.I think it's great that you can finish some side quests and get achievements after the game is ended.

It's the EPILOGUE that's needed to be fixed. Like just art photos with narrative texts explaining the outcome of what the main characters are doing after the end, or just more conversation options with ONE character asking about the others!. Instead of making big extra DLC you should had used that time to add more information and importance of the story development!
This game is the best game I have ever played. You really feel for the characters and this rash in the ending gives the player a strong feeling of emptiness and sadness.

NEW RESPONSE!

Last edited:
While I find the post very very reasonable I cannot agree with you fully.
Yes, everyone understands that adding dialogue will be the most complicated and resourse-demanding thing to do.

What most of us want is a REAL "post-storyquest-game". Not "pre-last-story" world state.
Not every "world state should be recreated".

**Spoiler**

In the ending where Ciri is supposedly dead they can leave everything as it is now. The lonely and hollow feel suits this ending very very well.
But in those 2 that are more or less happy there are easy things that could be done. Like changing flags and guards if Nilfgaard wins, remove all Nilf troops if not.
About NPC chars - just add them to appropriate places with ALL the dialogue lines they had throughout the game except for the quest related ones or those not making any sense if those topics are resolved by the main story.

Making a portal in the woods to Geralt & Yen's house is not that hard to do. Or having a fast-travel option to the very same house but with Triss inside if she is romanced. Is it that hard?

Once again the main point is we don't want EVERY world state recreation. It is obvious that it's physically impossible for CDPR. Most of us just want the "post-game" state after the story, not "pre-last-mission" state (like in FFXII). The worst part is that it all could probably be done with RedKit.

Well the post world state with any ending is that everyone went their own way pretty much, there isn't some and they lived happily ever after ending in which everyone goes back to where they were in the game.

The epilogue pretty much gives you solid endings for each of the main characters in the game but it doesn't really leave room for anything else.

Ciri is either on her way to become an empress or has parted ways with Geralt, Yen and Triss went their own ways, so had dandelion and our little stub friend, the ends of all other major characters is also set depending on how you let things unfold so there's not much place for them either.

So no there isn't a playable end game state beyond well it's over, W3 is the last Witcher game in the Geralt saga it's been confirmed multiple times and as recently as this april, neither planned expansion is going to extend it.

If it makes it easier think of that the "lone wolf" ending is the "cannon" for the beyond end game state of the game, that's the only epilogue content that doesn't leave Geralt stuck as house wife some where far far away from both the game world and everyone else besides yen/triss, unless he split up again at the end :)

The epilogue was the intended ending of the game like with any other Witcher game, the neutral world state after it is a technical courtesy just like with any other open world game there's not much you can do about it they just leave you the sandbox if you want to go and explore, there's no place for anyone to be in KM after the epilogue ends sorry.

About removing the guards, yes ok, but why? you remove also potential contracts and POI's, changing the uniforms alone is well meh, it won't have any impact on the game or the perception of the ending since it doesn't extend anything and you can't interact with it. this is on the same level as having stuffed heads in your basement to talk to at night...

I think that rather than have post game content, there should be a nice send off DLC. I posted this in the Triss thread yesterday but it can apply here too:
I think they could actually do a "Citadel" like DLC before you go to Skellige. Everyone is basically at the Rosemary and Thyne/Chameleon and Geralt could have one last get together there.

Essentially since most of the main characters you have have a meeting/party/ whatever you want to call it before you go to Skellige. You can have drinks with Zoltan, Dandelion, and Geralt's romance choice. Maybe a few rounds of Gwent.
Perhaps the characters there could a personal, small mission you could do. Something short but memorable.

Top Bottom