[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Yeah, ending up alone in the huge castle felt wrong. I'm okay with the fact that what happens after the game is completed is still set before the ending. But that would mean that Yen and folks are either on the island or in the city! Personally I don't need to chat with them about what happened during the finale but they still do belong to this world.
Besides... I'm not sure I wanna load an earlier savegame only to be able to play the extension (in case the extension should require Yen or so to be there).

Yeah, ending up alone in the huge castle felt wrong. I'm okay with the fact that what happens after the game is completed is still set before the ending. But that would mean that Yen and folks are either on the island or in the city! Personally I don't need to chat with them about what happened during the finale but they still do belong to this world.
Besides... I'm not sure I wanna load an earlier savegame only to be able to play the extension (in case the extension should require Yen or so to be there).

Agreed... the "easiest" way to remedy all that, in my opinion, would be to add new, small areas... for instance part of the imperial palace or the house in Kovir, and let the characters be there for Geralt to visit. I also would revise the "post game is pre-ending" state... relocate the major characters to where they would be 6 months from the ending, and MAYBE give them some new dialogue options. That way, they still would be avaiable for old and (potential) new quests.

Agreed... the "easiest" way to remedy all that, in my opinion, would be to add new, small areas... for instance part of the imperial palace or the house in Kovir, and let the characters be there for Geralt to visit. I also would revise the "post game is pre-ending" state... relocate the major characters to where they would be 6 months from the ending, and MAYBE give them some new dialogue options. That way, they still would be avaiable for old and (potential) new quests.

I agree with you, that would have been an easier fix for the empty world ending but...I don't know, I still think for this to be a real open world game, it must to be either set in a post ending scenario(after ALL the crap has hit the fan) OR start it off just as the two witchers arrive at the Inn; in Act I, Scene 1

I found Zoltan, Dandelion, Priscilla, Roche and Keira after the game ending. I'm trying now to find somewhere the other witchers.

You know, the way I would want it done, if you go with the best possible ending(IMO only), Yen and Geralt preparing to leave for their new home with Ciri as Geralt's witcher student in tow. They have to go out first to clear out the old estate that Yen has picked out...she would know about it from her travels. Would seems simple enough until Geralt and Citi discovers the estate sits near the ruins of an old library, one of the first places Avallac'h had researched at when he first arrived here!

So, why would Yen be interested in the sage's studies? What would she be hiding and what is her motivation...clearly it would have to be pretty serious stuff, LVL 40+ creatures and special gear drops! They would discover Yen might be trying to learn more about Ciri's gift and following the sage's early steps...it would seem nefarious to Geralt but in the end she would finally share that she is just looking out for Ciri, trying to shield her from another elven sage that has come onto the scene. They would enlist the service of several old friends(step right up and spin the wheel!) and in the middle of the expansion the two witchers would have to split up! That would give us a chance to play Ciri on a full quest solo!

For the fun of it, a need for Geralt and Yen to visit and consult with Triss about something could arise...this would give the fans of that sort of thing a chance to see the claws come out a bit...I won't think of trying to guess how that part of the story would go but, it would offer some interesting make-up-time for Yen and Geralt upon their return home to met up with Ciri...and all of this stuff would offer a lot of conversations along the way.

In the end, the 'family' would have to combine their strength to overcome the new sage and beat down his minions...for the win.

When its all done you would have everyone that survived in the main story where they would be a year later. The would be static, limited interaction but they would be in the world with the player...in the POST war world...and it would feel more populated and less empty when know where everyone is.

Besides, that would give all kinds of jumping off points for future DLC as well fan-made content creation. "Go talk with Triss and get an item..." type stuff :)

Does any of that make any sense? I am on meds right now and still kinda emotional from finishing the game last night late :D
This is exaclty what I want. The friendly plot for the DLC is ready... Why couldn't they just put it in main story? Damn, I imagine how would I feel if we would have the ending introduced that way. It would be just fantastic and that's totally deserved closure for the Saga. What a shame...

Personally, I don't want to see models of characters in Kaer Morhen. CDPR can do it in the easiest way and just put them, and add old dialogues. But that would be stupid to do, too. All we need is some interaction. I find Riddlin's idea (post I quoted) just fine.

---------- Updated at 09:19 PM ----------

Also, I don't find the idea of how they put the DLCs in game good. As I understood, we will have to start a new game and while we're playing through the story there will be additional big quest line. That's a bit dissappointing for me, because there will be no post-ending plot AGAIN. They did all possible to avoid the work on the post-game. But question is, if they didn't want to work on it, why would they put us in that undefinite world's state?

Perhaps going against the flow here, but I'm actually somewhat convinced by the RED's response. Entire regions and full voice casting would have to be remade, and that's like asking for a Witcher 4.

In Witcher 1 they added a standalone expansion called "wedding" which reflected post-game contents, but in a manageable setting. I would strongly vote for something like this. A Vizima palace reunion, where Ciri (perhaps the empress) invites all important NPCs into one setting, and a side quest of political intrigue rebinds them together, like the Citadel DLC for ME3.

Entire regions and full voice casting would have to be remade, and that's like asking for a Witcher 4.

I don't think there is a need to make full regions for this, they can make a kind of fast travel to a house in Kovir to meet Triss for example and another for Yennefer like Vizima palace. For the voice acting that can be more complicated but if this kind of content is a priced DLC so that would be possible.

A Vizima palace reunion, where Ciri (perhaps the empress) invites all important NPCs into one setting, and a side quest of political intrigue rebinds them together, like the Citadel DLC for ME3.

For this, it's an idea. In my vision, i would see Ciri in the palace and do a ride or a race with her and have some interactions like memories during it. I'm not a fan of this ending "Ciri as an Empress" because i think it go against Ciri's desire of freedom. I doubt Ciri might have did this. And the fact she gives her sword to Geralt and says him they won't meet each other again, it's like the worst ending.

And for the "Ciri as a witcheress" I think it could be good to meet her in a random tavern (she can move between different ones) and go with her to fight a big monster for a contract. Or just send a letter to join her and do that.

Anyway i know it's not "JUST" a thing to add but if people want this type of post-end content they could sell it as an expansion/DLC as said before.

Sorry for my english

Last edited:
Perhaps going against the flow here, but I'm actually somewhat convinced by the RED's response. Entire regions and full voice casting would have to be remade, and that's like asking for a Witcher 4.

In Witcher 1 they added a standalone expansion called "wedding" which reflected post-game contents, but in a manageable setting. I would strongly vote for something like this. A Vizima palace reunion, where Ciri (perhaps the empress) invites all important NPCs into one setting, and a side quest of political intrigue rebinds them together, like the Citadel DLC for ME3.

The reason a lot of us jumped down Ginger's throat is because he was talking about a suggestion people were making that not many people actually seemed to want

Most people simply wanted the characters in the game, regardless of new or old voice acting

I think I posted this in the "We Want Our Triss Choice To Mean Something thread": http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice

But, the following requires us to make two major assumptions, 1) At least one of the two planned paid expansions must be all new! That means not a bunch of left over VO dialogs and cut scenes from the original recordings for The Wild Hunt and 2) They plan on bringing back a majority of the original VO talent for one or BOTH of the paid expansions.

If both of the above caveats are indeed true, then there is no reason why they couldn't have them read a page or two of new dialog for redoing some scenes, adding to others AND fixing the end story by replacing the static picture and narrator VO.

I will agree, if they aren't going to bring in the majority of the VO talent OR they only plan on recycling the old stuff for the paid expansions, then what I suggest here is not feasible at all. BUT, if they can do this...it would be awesome!

After 100+ hours, I finally managed to finish the main quest and the first thing I thought after the credits rolled was "where is everybody?"

After running around an empty Kaer Morhen, I went to google, "The Witcher 3 characters after ending" as my search string.

That gave me a link to a youtube video with someone complaining about the lack of characters after the story concludes.

And that video brought me here.

I still have around 20 side quests and a number of contracts to finish, but after more than 8 days playing the game, I suddenly didn't feel like playing anymore. Why? Because the world felt empty.

Hopefully this gets addressed in a patch or DLC or in one of the expansions as it wouldn't be satisfying to play 30+ hours of expanded content if that content didn't consider what happened after the credits rolled (aka "The save before the last chapter")

I'm also hoping that RED Kit for Witcher 3 gets released soon and modders can have a crack at solving this.

That said though, this was one of the best games I've ever played and I'm just so damn sad it ended.

Just wanted to add my voice to this discussion.

As i posted on GOG forums in discussion about major NPC's after the ending... my reaction to the games state after the ending was...

"This was the biggest bummer after finishing the game for me!!! :("

And here is another quote from me (a little off-topic but along the same lines) on GOG forums in topic about "Witcher 3 current player DLC/Expansion wish list"...

"As "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" is our send-off for Geralt I would love to have more interactions and quests (within and/or outside of the main stories scope) with Geralt and his friends and loved ones (Ciri, Yennefer, Triss, Vesemir, Dandelion, Zoltan and others).
I would even pay for such an expansion with some side stories and/or memories of Geralt and his friends and loved ones."

So about the world state after finishing the main story... even with all the bells and whistles (loot, monsters and awesome side quests) the world felt empty without the characters we grew to love and care for!!!

Last edited:
This is another awesome idea. It'd do the job perfectly.

This is another awesome idea. It'd do the job perfectly.

Not everyone had Ciri turning into an Empress... (Nor returning at all for some with the "bad ending")
But it'd be nice to have them sit in an inn somewhere make jokes and have fun, kinda like Witcher 2 in Flotsam with Zoltan,Triss, Dandelion and Geralt...
It's hard to bring them Triss and Yen together though I imagine because either Geralt went far to Kovir with Triss being very busy there, or with Yen (Then it's more possible to have a fun meeting of everyone but Triss) or if Geralt ended up with neither, I doubt they will want to see him if there is no real need for it...

Tough universe :p

Top Bottom