[Mod] Extreme Weather Conditions

+
[Mod] Extreme Weather Conditions

This mod adds currently 7 new and atmospheric weather conditions to the default weather.

New in Version 1.10:

- fixes compatibility issues with Witcher Patch 1.10
- removed ALL scripts, just install with NMM and ready, no more merging
- removes the ugly lightning bolt (sorry CDPR, your lightning bolt sucks :/ )
- adds custom particle effects
- customizes cloud glow and gives it more "realistic" (lol) lightning color

Download:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/29/

Last edited:
This looks really awesome !

Well done.

One thing, would it be possible for you to deliver your lightning effects separately ? The vanilla ones are really pretty darn awful.

Is there a chance to randomize the intensity of the weather? Sometimes make it light, sometimes make it intense?

that's how it works, it's not always constantly storming, this is just an extreme example.

there are less stormy conditions and there's always still the default weather conditions.

that's how it works, it's not always constantly storming, this is just an extreme example.

there are less stormy conditions and there's always still the default weather conditions.

I'm going to be honest, I think the name of your mod kind of gives off the idea that your mod just causes extreme weather conditions opposed to just offering more extreme weather conditions. That's just my opinion, I stayed away from the mod for awhile because I thought it would just be all rain and thunder.
In any case, the new weather conditions you added in look gorgeous, but I kind of miss the lightning. If only there was some texture mod for it.

I'm going to be honest, I think the name of your mod kind of gives off the idea that your mod just causes extreme weather conditions opposed to just offering more extreme weather conditions. That's just my opinion, I stayed away from the mod for awhile because I thought it would just be all rain and thunder.
In any case, the new weather conditions you added in look gorgeous, but I kind of miss the lightning. If only there was some texture mod for it.

Ok, I can understand that somewhat, but this is literally the first thing written on the descriptions page:

also, about the lighting bolt. If someone can come up with a nice texture replacement I'll add it back, but seriously that thing looks like a 2D sprite from 1995.

Attachments

• 4TXVSk7.png
    4TXVSk7.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 259
Ok, I can understand that somewhat, but this is literally the first thing written on the descriptions page:

also, about the lighting bolt. If someone can come up with a nice texture replacement I'll add it back, but seriously that thing looks like a 2D sprite from 1995.

I don't remember seeing that earlier on, but if that was on your description page before the latest update then I feel like a little bit of a tard lol.
And yeah the lightning bolts do look ridiculously bad. Hoping someone manages to retexture it, but if I remember some people were having difficulty finding out how to do that.

That video def gave me a little Sleepy Hollow/Ichabod Crane vibe.

Very timely. :)

KNGR, not sure I saw this anywhere when you first released this mod, but in terms of the frequency of the changes in weather, does your mod deviate from whatever the default is?

That video def gave me a little Sleepy Hollow/Ichabod Crane vibe.

Very timely. :)

KNGR, not sure I saw this anywhere when you first released this mod, but in terms of the frequency of the changes in weather, does your mod deviate from whatever the default is?

well then you gotta check out @CAPA14 headless horsemen:

---------- Updated at 09:15 AM ----------

well then you gotta check out @CAPA14 headless horsemen:

also, default is default and also stays default, the "new" stuff is stuff I found that I thought might be neat to add? makes up some good "extreme" weather..

edit: well, I just replied to myself, time for some coffee...

Attachments

• 9sVLyic.jpg
    9sVLyic.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 145
@Mezziaz Thanks a lot for this.
Any chance you could upload his other mods (more blood, critical slowmotion combat, etc) as well?
I dont think KNGR has a problem with this as he refered someone to a reuplaod of his ulm mod.
(Ultimate lighing mod - preview thread, page 36, post 3, sry cant post links)
I think a lot of people would appreciate it. :)
btw sorry for being a littel bit of topic

Thanks a lot and love your screenshots

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but that's not how this works. You get permission, then you upload the mod.

I know that @Mezziaz is just trying to be helpful, but this isn't something that should be done.

OK, Permission has been given :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom