[Mod Request] E3 Werewolf

+
Cercaphus I did it! The UV map is applied and works :D Only problem: I just applied the uv map for the standard texture. This means there is only texture for one arm and one leg. How to I mirror these parts, so they fit in the texture? I hope you understand what I mean. If we can solve this, the only thing is to retexture it and then it's almost done.

GregorWladacz Great! One more down! :) Now, if I understood what you asked correctly, you just have to do it as CDPR did it (from what I saw when working on the camel mod): Take the UVs corresponding to the remaining leg/arm and move them over the existing ones. It should work, i think :p To make it easier to see what you do, check on the programs you're using if there is a packing/unpacking UV option that "decompresses" the UV map.

Ok, I use blender and selected the uv map on base of the vanilla texture. That means I just unwrapped one arm and one leg as it should be. So do I have to make new seams on the exact same position on the other side, mirror it and the lay it over the existing uv of the other side? That ist quite a lot of work. Is there a option in blender which allows me to tell the program to use the uv from the left arm for the right arm, just mirrored?

To be clear: I have one arm seamed and mapped. Perfect. On the other arm, there are no seams, so when I unwrap it, I have one perfect one on the texture and one island without the seams, which I can't overlap with the first one. Is there a way to tell blender to use the first island uv for the second arm? So I got one UV island for both arms?

Last edited:
Unfortunately not. Magic UV it is called. But I'm really thankfull that you helped me out. The model is working and the texture is too, so all I gotta do is finetunig and retexturing. Still got some weight issues on the mouth, but that should be easy to fix.
Any idea how I get the w2ent files to be cooked with the mesh files? As I said, as a seperate mod they work, but together with the fbx files, they won't get imported. So basically I have to mods now. How can I merge them without problems?

I would suggest to use instead w3oven and besides the modded folder create a uncooked folder with the same structure where you will place all non-mesh/texture files. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. I don't use the tools you mention, so I can't help much.

http://imgur.com/a/DtMOj

Ok, I edited the model a bit to make it smoother and tweaked the uv map and the texture a lil bit, so everything looks smoother and more natural ;) I won't rework every texture for every werewolf, instead every werewolf shares the same texture.

Last thing to is fixing the mouth, which seems to be impossible....

Funny thing though: I deleted the items and the fur. But when the werewolf enters rage mode, the fur reappears, which was not intended but looks quite nice ^^ :D

I know, a man's praise in his own mouth stinks, but I'm very glad how the texture turned out :)

Last edited:
Looks pretty good GregorWladacz ! Impressively terrifying and that thing with the fur reappearing, cool little unintended trick! To fix the mouth you know what to do, it's just a repetitive and tiring procedure to find the correct weights combination. If you don't want to bother too much, you can try deleting the weight influences of the lips/teeth(?) and keep only those from the jaws, which may eliminate these artifacts but will probably reduce the motion of the mouth.

Yup, I was thinking about that, but I don't want this. I'll try to keep the motion, maybe it will work. Unfortunatel, blender delivers some artifacts in weightpaint mode so I can't see, what I'm doing. I'm reinstalling it right now and hope that it will work now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom