Modkit is currently broken.

+
I just tested it myself and still got the texture issue, so do I have to uncook the content folder again for this version?

I wander will this new update work with Maya 2017. I'm just asking because if not I can just use Maya 2016, if that works as well.

I wander will this new update work with Maya 2017. I'm just asking because if not I can just use Maya 2016, if that works as well.

It should work; Maya 2017 should be backwards compatible with 2016. Just need to set the "-fbx=" parameter to "2016" when extracting the .w2mesh with ModKit 1.3

Maybe a little off-topic but what exactly this new update allowed you to do? Are there new type of mods you can make, or did it make things a lot easier and faster?

Maybe a little off-topic but what exactly this new update allowed you to do? Are there new type of mods you can make, or did it make things a lot easier and faster?
- you can now export fbx meshes in about 5 versions so we should be able to skip the .DAE conversion bit
- you can import custom materials into the game. this allows you to edit meshes which theoretically share the same material with others and caused a knock-on effect on the other meshes you DIDN'T want to mod
- you have a sh!tload of options to import textures (transparency etc.) so no more hair issues etc. :D

...and maybe a lot more stuff but I haven't got around to test these all :p

it's not easier nor faster (modKitchen doesn't have support for the new arguments..) BUT things now WORK! :)

Last edited:
I'm using an older modkit with modkitchen, and for some reason, it always fails to uncook.

Any tips?

Never mind, modkit doesn't like capital letters.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me with what programm modkitchen was made, id like to edit/expand it to the new modkit

Python's Tkinter seems fair to use..might be easier. Python's already way easier to work with than .NET or any other dev/scripting tool so maybe give that a try? I've played around with Python but for computer network management not GUI design & can say it's fast to grasp.

So...has anyone been able to export a rigged mesh into Blender with this? I tried, but even with the .dae workaround the bones are always missing

Top Bottom