move speed modding

+
ukjohn said:
I am not interested in making hjim run faster, I would love to have him to WALK! First and only RPG where you have only the ability to run and not walk! I hate having to do those 'little runs' when following walking NPC's!
Why is everyone complaining there is no walk, because there is! Switch to point-an-click view, hold the left mouse button, and keep the arrow close the Geralt, he will walk.

LennardF1989 said:
LennardF1989 said:
I am not interested in making hjim run faster, I would love to have him to WALK! First and only RPG where you have only the ability to run and not walk! I hate having to do those 'little runs' when following walking NPC's!
Why is everyone complaining there is no walk, because there is! Switch to point-an-click view, hold the left mouse button, and keep the arrow close the Geralt, he will walk.
The only problem in that view is that everything is so small and the movements are so hard to control that it takes away the enjoyment of the game. That is why we all want a mod to tweak the game, that and it just seems stupid to always be running even when in a house or tavern!

bmerrill said:
bmerrill said:
bmerrill said:
The only problem in that view is that everything is so small and the movements are so hard to control that it takes away the enjoyment of the game. That is why we all want a mod to tweak the game, that and it just seems stupid to always be running even when in a house or tavern!
There's a walk mod on the very same page as this topic, http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=18665.0and it's included in flash_in_the_flesh's "EE insane difficulty mod", http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17884.0
bmerrill said:
Has anyone gotten this to work in 1.4.5.1280 WITHOUT modifying default? Nothing I do in chr_geralt in moverates.2da actually changes anything. However, it's the right file in the right place, since default does work, except for the obvious side effect of making the npcs all move way too quickly. The files in Difficulty Increase Mod do not increase his run speed as intended either, despite adding a few new lines to moverates.2da that also do not seem to change anything. Only default seems to do anything. Modifying creaturespeed.2da seems to do anything etiher. Anyone? These "run back and forth across the map a whole lot" quests are really tiring. :(
The movement speed, i think, depends on the relation between several entries in moverates.2da and creaturespeed.2da, and i failed to figure out what it is, the moverates.2da controls how fast the animation is, but it works in a certain range, depending on the values in creaturespeed.2da, witch controls the speed that you actually move with.As a last resort, i switched the moverate in the witcher template "wiedzmin.utc" from FAST to WITCHER, and now the speed can be directly controlled from creaturespeed.2da.Changing the template will not affect your savegames however, you'll need to start a new game.if you want to change it in a savegame, you have to unpack the save, edit the moverate in player.utc from 5 to 9, then repack the savegame.

Lakitu7 said:
Has anyone gotten this to work in 1.4.5.1280 WITHOUT modifying default? Nothing I do in chr_geralt in moverates.2da actually changes anything. However, it's the right file in the right place, since default does work, except for the obvious side effect of making the npcs all move way too quickly. The files in Difficulty Increase Mod do not increase his run speed as intended either, despite adding a few new lines to moverates.2da that also do not seem to change anything. Only default seems to do anything. Modifying creaturespeed.2da seems to do anything etiher. Anyone? These "run back and forth across the map a whole lot" quests are really tiring. :(
Yeah, I have tinkered with this, and the Wiki info seems wrong. creaturespeed.2da seems irrelevant. The only thing that seems to effectively increase Geralt's runspeed is the default entry in moverates.2da. :(

has anyone released a mod for this yet? I want to run faster in the game as well, but never any good with modding files.

Top Bottom