Need help with runes and glyphs, please!

+
Need help with runes and glyphs, please!

I am playing The Witcher 3 on Xbox One and am about ten hours into the game give or take. My problem is that I have two glyphs and and rune in my inventory, I don't have any armor with open sockets but I just got a relic sword with three and I still can't put a rune on it. What am I doing wrong? I can't find any info on this anywhere on the Internet for TW3? Help me please!

I am playing The Witcher 3 on Xbox One and am about ten hours into the game give or take. My problem is that I have two glyphs and and rune in my inventory, I don't have any armor with open sockets but I just got a relic sword with three and I still can't put a rune on it. What am I doing wrong? I can't find any info on this anywhere on the Internet for TW3? Help me please!
Doesn't matter, Armor, Sword, they won't go in? I have 2 glyphs and niether work on anything I have with empty sockets, be it armor OR swords, worthless glitched crap so far.

Guest 3713529

Doesn't matter, Armor, Sword, they won't go in? I have 2 glyphs and niether work on anything I have with empty sockets, be it armor OR swords, worthless glitched crap so far.

Glyphs -> Armour
Runes -> Weapons
I thought I had the same problem until I realized that you need that item equipped in order to apply the glyphs/runes.

Part of the problem is that the description for the rune is one line saying what it does, none of them say anything about being a weapon or armor rune. Also there is no tutorial for attaching runes and there is nothing that tells you what level they are or what they can attach too, I don't get it. So every time I try to attach one to either of my equipped swords, and they do both have sockets, the games says: "you can only fit this upgrade to an item which has a matching and currently unused socket."

---------- Updated at 05:16 PM ----------

Also I have a green silver sword equipped, and relic steel sword equipped and I can't put runes on either of them, every time I have armor with a sockets it's like I have a fifty fifty chance of maybe it'll work, I don't get it.

---------- Updated at 05:40 PM ----------

Ok one more update, the glyphs work fine, just the runes I can't use, I thought maybe it had to be a common rune or glyph for a common item and so on but I just put a common glyph on a piece of relic armor, don't get it.....

Glyphs -> Armour Runes -> Weapons I thought I had the same problem until I realized that you need that item equipped in order to apply the glyphs/runes.
Thank you so much, I was attempting to apply it to armor I cannot wear yet. I wanted to make it in advance for the coming levels, I've been stocking up. :)

I've figured it out! 1. I'm a dumbass, 2. All runes and glyphs that can be applied to swords are tilted to the right in the inventory menu, and those for armor tilt to the left! You think they could at least say "armor" or "weapon" on them but who the hell cares, that's how to tell!!!

Top Bottom