New to the Witcherverse.

+
New to the Witcherverse.

Hey everybody! I just wanted to make this quick post since I've just created my account and kind of show my appreciation to Witcher and CD Projekt Red.
I'm new to the Witcher games and my goodness do I regret not being a part of it since the beginning! I started off by buying Witcher 3 for the PS4 and I didn't even get far before I realized how amazing the game was and how much I already loved it. There was only one problem, I felt like such an ignorant pleb not knowing anything about the previous games and the story of Geralt and his friends up to this point. I decided to fix that and quit playing immediately, and bought the Witcher and the Witcher 2 enhanced editions :D. I literally JUST finished playing the first game and even though I heard from others that it's the worst one I absolutely loved every moment of it. (Except the swamps) So anyway.... I'm new here and this is my Hello post, time to start playing the second game :) the dedication is real now.

Welcome to the forums :) And I'm happy that you found this amazing series too :)

My first Witcher game was Assassins Of Kings. I loved every moment of it and I started to read books too (still haven't finish with series). Now I'm going with my fourth Witcher 3 game. Sadly I can't play that first game at the moment, 'cause it's pc only. But some day I'm going to play it :)

Enjoy your second game :)

Welcome to the forums :) And I'm happy that you found this amazing series too :)

My first Witcher game was Assassins Of Kings. I loved every moment of it and I started to read books too (still haven't finish with series). Now I'm going with my fourth Witcher 3 game. Sadly I can't play that first game at the moment, 'cause it's pc only. But some day I'm going to play it :)

Enjoy your second game :)

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. Since I started playing I've been in Witcher mode every day so I started looking at the books as well if I should buy them. I think it would be worth the money right? Unfortunate you can't play the first one it's really great I hope you get hard decisions and dilemmas in the second one as well, it's almost done installing. You don't know how much I can't wait to play Witcher 3 hahaha. Soon...soon. :). Have a good day

Since I started playing I've been in Witcher mode every day so I started looking at the books as well if I should buy them. I think it would be worth the money right?

I soooo know that feeling... :D

And yes, I can definitely recommend the books too! Great game, great books :) But don't touch that movie or tv-series or whatever it was what I tried to watch once :D I really hope someone can make better Witcher movie some day.

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. Since I started playing I've been in Witcher mode every day so I started looking at the books as well if I should buy them. I think it would be worth the money right?

There are worth every amount of money but I have to warn you - when I finished Witcher saga almost every other fantasy book seemed shallow and uninteresting to me :D

Since I started playing I've been in Witcher mode every day so I started looking at the books as well if I should buy them. I think it would be worth the money right?

They're definitely worth it! Unfortunately not all of them are translated into English yet.

I think it would be worth the money right?

They're worth of every second you'll give to read them. :)

They're definitely worth it! Unfortunately not all of them are translated into English yet.

Except if one doesn't mind reading the fan-translations from screen, especially since Season of Storms is done now as well. I have the 2 last fan translations as hard-cover books but it requires a bit more work.

But 5 of them are, Tower of Swallow will be released in English in 2 months, Lady of the Lake is scheduled to premiere next year, so not a bad moment to start a journey :D

Wow haha thanks for all the replies! I will definitely buy the books as soon as I am able to. Being a student kind of sucks sometimes when it comes to money. :p I will also check out the mods jjavier thank you for telling me this I didn't know about them!

Guest 3874899

There was only one problem, I felt like such an ignorant pleb not knowing anything about the previous games and the story of Geralt and his friends up to this point.

:D That's so cute! :) But please don't feel like that. :) In the Witcher 3 so many characters are introduced from the books that if one haven't read them, then this feeling is completely understandable even for those who played the previous two games, as the amount of information is HUGE. I read the books some time ago, but during my first playthrough I still was like 'aha, huh, now wait, who were you?!' a lot of times.

Good luck with your digging into the Witcher universe, I hope you'll enjoy it!

---------- Updated at 12:33 AM ----------

I started looking at the books as well if I should buy them. I think it would be worth the money right?

The short story books definitely, and the novels are very interesting to say the least, but be prepared that after a time they will focus _much more_ on Ciri and events in the Witcher's world than on Geralt, Geralt becomes basically a secondary character, which some might find a bit disappointing. It's still an indeed great and interesting story though with great characters.

---------- Updated at 12:45 AM ----------

Aha! I suppose you understand Hungarian? There are some books (short stories and some of the novels) published in Hungarian, definitely get the Hungarian version!!!! They're so undescribably better than the English!

Agree. But the soundtrack is nice.

Oh, wow. I've heard some bits of it but I didn't connect it to the TV series at all.
Soundtrack is extremely good, thanks for linking the playlist. Can't speak the same of the series itself, lol.

Oh, wow. I've heard some bits of it but I didn't connect it to the TV series at all.
Soundtrack is extremely good, thanks for linking the playlist. Can't speak the same of the series itself, lol.
I actually enjoyed the series, although I am obviously in a minority. Am I just that much of a Witcher fanboy? :p

Am I just that much of a Witcher fanboy? :p

haha if you liked this series you beyond fanboy :D Enough said that director of this series never got a chance to be at the helm of feature movie or TV series again, and writer had to wait 11 years until his next script was made into a pictrue (BTW it was suprisingly good., he even recieved polish acadamy award in 2013 for that, but people still remember what he has done to witcher :p)

Top Bottom