NG+ Leaving the prologue naked?

+
NG+ Leaving the prologue naked?

So, I started a new NG+ today and did the prologue in White Orchard. After I left White Orchard, all my Master Witcher Gear now requires level 42 and I'm naked, what the hell?

you can use other armors until you reach level 42, like the temerian armor for example, you can buy it there in white orchard

I know, that doesn't change the fact that this is stupid.

Also every item seems to be 8 levels higher than it is supposed to be? Have they tinkered with the levels with the addon or is this a bug?

That was 38. It was an older file pre-Addons mainly, but I rushed a bit of the B&W content to get Mutations. Maybe that was the problem?

No, I don't think so. I started my NG+ at level 39 a few weeks ago (before 1.21) and none of my Mastercrafted gear was bumped up like that.

Which means something was changed with 1.21, whether intentionality or not, the same way they bumped up all the gear levels at some point last year in a patch (and had to include that Wolven hour potion in the next patch).

I would definitely recommend sending this to the support email and asking whether or not this change was intended with patch 1.21.

I don't think the cap is the reason. You get more Exp and levels with the Addons, so when you use a save game after you played all the content for a NG+, you would be outleveling the content massively.

My bad luck is probably that I imported an older save game without having played through the addons with it.

All my NG+ gear has 8 levels higher requirements as well, but have figured it's because I started NG+ as level 38, which is 8 higher than the minimum NG+ level of 30.

Also a few times when items have been automatically unequipped (like when "training" with Rosa var Attre) I've been unable to re-equip them afterwards because their required levels have risen to higher than Geralt's level.
Interestingly enough it doesn't happen with all gear: happened with the Temerian armor and legendary Viper swords, but didn't when I loaded an earlier save and equipped different, random gear from my inventory before the automatic unequip occurred.

All my NG+ gear has 8 levels higher requirements as well, but have figured it's because I started NG+ as level 38, which is 8 higher than the minimum NG+ level of 30.

Yea, but that wasn't the case before 1.21. And there's no documentation in either patch changelist regarding it.

Would like to see some official confirmation from Red on this, as to why.

This problem just took another turn for the worse.

It seems whenever the game takes my items away (in a cut scene for example) and then gives them back to me, the level requirements rise. Now my normal mastercrafted Feline Swords became Level 50(!)

This makes the game pretty much unplayable, since I would lose my gear after every quest that takes items away and then I would have to use some crappy gear for the next 2 or 3 levels.

This need fixing!

I'm really annoyed by now. The release of B&W was a buggy mess, then a patch comes finally out and now another bug prevents me from playing the game.

Did you disable any of the dlc after starting NG+? That might cause it.

You could try trying to Velen again from a recent save? If it happens again, send CDPR your savegame from before and after Velen using the proper cdpr suport page.

Top Bottom