No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

+
umm yes, you did say that you lose less with keyboard... BECAUSE ITS EASIER DUHHHH lmao

controllers still more fun :) and this is a single player game, not a competitive multiplayer game, Im sure it wont be very challenging to shoot NPCs which is why the added challenge of a controller will increase the fun for me

And what is so fun about controlling a character movement with a gamepad? That looks silly and unnatural even when I watch gameplays recorded by people who seems to handle gamepads well.

what is so fun about controlling a character movement with a gamepad
i already answered your question like 5 times, look the OP just warned us that he doesnt want this thread being taken so far off-topic, so I have to stop responding to your repetitive questions now, sorry

enjoy missing and being slow to react and generally being very sluggish. "muh controller is better"=console player's sour grapes for not being able to use keyboard and mouse
Post automatically merged:

yeah and if you cut off a few fingers it'll be even more difficult. what's the point of using an inferior option when a superior one exists? controllers have zero advantages, only disadvantages
I trash on k+m pc users in COD all the time LOL you have to actually be good with it for it to truely be an advantage.

Mouse and keyboards are infinetely superior to controllers. No actual enthusiast plays on PC with a controller.

Depends on the game. I can give you an example of pros and cons.

Nioh, as the best example of this. The game is a lot easier to play on controllers, as it is extremely fluid, and handles combat well. However, the main problem is that you can't aim perfectly enough to make a headshot, with ease on whatever target it is you're aiming. As a result, you'd switch to mouse and keyboard to make it easier.

Both has its uses, neither is superior to one another. This controller vs keyboard and mouse, is just simply an old adage and needs to be put to rest.

One of the reviewers who has already played the game claims that on PC you don't have a toggle walk button, so you're forced to run around all the time. Is this true? Does CDPR intend to address this so PC players can have a more immersive experience?
I really hope they are and find it strange why it is not part of the standard movement in a game like this. Especially since they have put so much effort into it and no one considered it being a good thing to add, I find that really strange.

If there's no such option it'll probably be added in a patch. It's an oversight, not an intentional design decisions.

Young Yea which is a reviewer I trust said there is no toggle for walking in Cyberpunk 2077 which is wired. Cause you could walk in TW3. He said it could suck cause if you're walking next to a person in a mission and he`s talking to you. You'll have to constantly run and stop so you don't run past him. Very immersion breaking imo. Sometimes I like to just take things slowly and walk. Such a basic option that most games have. To not have it here is worrisome.
Please CDPR if you're reading this! Will there be a toggle option for walking? If not when can we expect to have it.

Young Yea which is a reviewer I trust said there is no toggle for walking in Cyberpunk 2077 which is wired.
I'm 100% sure there is a run/walk toggle ... somewhere ... he probably missed in in some obscure options menu.

I'm FAR more worried about the dodge issue as I plan to play a stealth build and can see myself dodging out of cover frequently trying to creep around.

Its amazing that key binding/ mapping is still so hard. I cant imagine thered be a problem with CDPR.

A major problem with Fallout 4 - STILL NOT FIXED, never will be. For those that use direction keys for movement, there is no change for settlement workshop mode menus. They hard bound to direction keys. So to use the menu you have to rebind up/down/l/r every single time you want to do something with your settlement.

There was a game Sleeping Dogs, that espoused it was optmised especially for PC. Keyboard mapping screwed. Was before Steam refunds enacted..

Guest 4406876

Controller for me but I really need Mouse+Keyboard working as intended since I'll most likely use it and switch from gamepad when hard fights are going to be an issue. Pad for exploration and general purpose and driving, M+K for "hard" stuff. Always been like this. It has to work, I hope they patch it for day one.

One of the reviewers who has already played the game claims that on PC you don't have a toggle walk button, so you're forced to run around all the time. Is this true? Does CDPR intend to address this so PC players can have a more immersive experience?
I saw the review from Yongyea not sure if that is where you got it from as well? However he also mentioned that you dodge by double tapping either left or right which he found annoying at times and couldn't seem to find a way to change it. However Laymen gaming (I think it was) also mentioned this, but said that it could be reconfigured, so they apparently didn't have an issue with this.

They might have played on different patches as a 49 gb were released in the middle of them playing, I think. Or maybe Yongyea just didn't notice the option to do it.

Can always hope that they added the functionality. I haven't seen anyone other than Yongyea mention that you can't walk when using mouse and keyboard, or maybe the others just didn't care.

In cases like this its best to confirm via multiple sources, not just one person. One person might just not figure out the settings right or otherwise have a misunderstanding.

Yeah I saw that aswell a bit worrying but im more worried about the dodging mechanic

I know right? Double-taps are stupid, especially on a controller.

Madqueen pointed out that combat has a number of issues/bugs, like enemies tracking you even if you did the dodge. Theres also apparently minor pauses in the animations which make combat look clunky.

But not being able to walk would be an issue of game-breaking level, it would quite possibly make me stop playing.

Guest 4406876

I know right? Double-taps are stupid, especially on a controller.

Madqueen pointed out that combat has a number of issues/bugs, like enemies tracking you even if you did the dodge. Theres also apparently minor pauses in the animations which make combat look clunky.

But not being able to walk would be an issue of game-breaking level, it would quite possibly make me stop playing.
I refuse to believe it's intentional on M+K. Most likely a missing option on the menu.

Youtuber Dantics said in his Q&A video that you walked by default and had to hold shift to run. He also stated that running used stamina and that you couldn't run non stop. Sounds to me like they either were playing on different patched versions or Yong's game got configured differently.

Im more interested in driving with a wheel and pedals like in GTA V. With such a large open world, and I plan on starting out as a "Nomad" using a wheel and pedal would be great instead of my "up' arrow key
Post automatically merged:

Depends on the game. I can give you an example of pros and cons.

Nioh, as the best example of this. The game is a lot easier to play on controllers, as it is extremely fluid, and handles combat well. However, the main problem is that you can't aim perfectly enough to make a headshot, with ease on whatever target it is you're aiming. As a result, you'd switch to mouse and keyboard to make it easier.

Both has its uses, neither is superior to one another. This controller vs keyboard and mouse, is just simply an old adage and needs to be put to rest.
Tell that to the over 1000 rouges I've killed in the DZ that were using a controller :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom