Ok sorry, but what's with the red bleeding wound on geralts face?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok sorry, but what's with the red bleeding wound on geralts face?

is that a lore thing or something? I don't think it adds character so much as makes the character a bit gross.Aren't witchers supposed to be self-healing? You'd think all witchers would be scar-buckets if their scars don't heal what from all the combat with monsters and whatnot.Love! Aviram.

Treasa

Forum veteran
Yes, it's canon. (There is brief mention in The Last Wish and it is referred to in the Blood of Elves. I have to take it on faith that it's in the other books, as well, because I can't read Polish, and they haven't been transcribed to English, yet))

Yes ok but I liked the scar better than the open wound they got now :>thanks for answering though! I should read the books. are they any good?

Lightzy said:
Yes ok but I liked the scar better than the open wound they got now :>thanks for answering though! I should read the books. are they any good?
They are good. I read The Last Wish and currently reading Blood of Elves. If you're referring to the forum background art talking about the open wound in Geralt's face, it doesn't look so bad in the actual gameplay footage. If you don't mind minor spoilers have a look at the video section.

If I understood the info correctly Witcher 2 takes place before Witcher 1. That wound is still fresh ppl. ;-)

@yayodeannoTW2 is AFTER TW1. @LightzyIt was a cursed wound. I do not remember in which book it was mentioned, but it was a scar that never healed,even with witcher's regen power.

oops, my bad lol, I read somewhere this game will explain Geralt's loss of memory and I came to the wrong conclusion. Of course Triss, Dandelion and Zoltan wouldn't be in the game if this was a prequel. (facepalm@myself)

Lightzy said:
Aren't witchers supposed to be self-healing?
Witchers heal faster than humans but that's it. Faster doesn't mean it's regeneration. They still have scars, bruises, feel paralysing pain from old wounds and may never fully recover from bone fractures. Witchers are not trolls with near-instant full regeneration.

Lightzy said:
Yes ok but I liked the scar better than the open wound they got now :>
Me too!
Lightzy said:
I should read the books. are they any good?
I'm reading "The last wish", now I miss only the last chapter.There are nice, and sometimes funny stories. The main one is very interesting, and if you've played the game you would read many parts very close to the 1st cinematic
the fighting, the strix, and why Ostrit is there, his ridiculous dead!
and other parts of the story.
Lightzy said:
If you're referring to the forum background art talking about the open wound in Geralt's face, it doesn't look so bad in the actual gameplay footage. If you don't mind minor spoilers have a look at the video section.
The forum background is quite terrible! Fortunately the gameplay shows a Geralt's face a bit better than the new bloody artworks. But WHY had they changed his face!? The 1st one was very cool ;)

MorganMerrimar said:
But WHY had they changed his face!? The 1st one was very cool ;)
This again? They haven't changed his face. His face is exactly like the first one. It is just more detailed.If you wonder why it's more detailed, all I can think to answer is that graphics in games becomes better as time flows. But as far as I know, that have never been a bad thing.And ofcourse the background is missleading, they had to change Geralts face 4 - 5 times after the alpha verision since no one seemed to like it, so It will probably take a while before they have the final look on the forum aswell.Ps. you will play most of the time over the shoulder so that scar shouldn't bother you that much. Aviram> Witchers aren't supposed to be sexy, they are supposed to slay monsters. And Geralt have an awesome personality, don't be so shallow.
MorganMerrimar said:
MorganMerrimar said:
Ps. you will play most of the time over the shoulder so that scar shouldn't bother you that much.
Actually there is an answer for that but I'm not gonna repeat it since it's been told in the dedicated topic many times and I'm sure you've read it.
Depends what you're indicating on (I'm not 100% sure since I've been away from the forum for some months.) I know you can switch camera modes if that's what you mean. But except for the cinematics you will mainly see Geralts back (no matter which view your watching)

Well, witchers are not only fast healing, but can also recover from wounds that no normal man can. As such, they do have a certain amount of regeneration power. But like Flash said, this is not really a troll-like regen. Remember Berengar mentions Geralt developed a fault with his pirouette when he crushed his leg once. Now, most people won't be able to do what Geralt does if they ever crushed their leg. On the other hand, it does hamper his technique slightly, so it has not healed completely either.

Juuuhan said:
Juuuhan said:
But WHY had they changed his face!? The 1st one was very cool ;)
This again? They haven't changed his face. His face is exactly like the first one. It is just more detailed.If you wonder why it's more detailed, all I can think to answer is that graphics in games becomes better as time flows. But as far as I know, that have never been a bad thing.And ofcourse the background is missleading, they had to change Geralts face 4 - 5 times after the alpha verision since no one seemed to like it, so It will probably take a while before they have the final look on the forum aswell.Ps. you will play most of the time over the shoulder so that scar shouldn't bother you that much. Aviram> Witchers aren't supposed to be sexy, they are supposed to slay monsters. And Geralt have an awesome personality, don't be so shallow.
To be fair they did alter his face, but retained the gritty character of the last one. Personally I love Geralts new look.

Juuuhan said:
Ps. you will play most of the time over the shoulder so that scar shouldn't bother you that much.
Actually there is an answer for that but I'm not gonna repeat it since it's been told in the dedicated topic many times and I'm sure you've read it.

Vilgefortze said:
Well, witchers are not only fast healing, but can also recover from wounds that no normal man can. As such, they do have a certain amount of regeneration power. But like Flash said, this is not really a troll-like regen. Remember Berengar mentions Geralt developed a fault with his pirouette when he crushed his leg once. Now, most people won't be able to do what Geralt does if they ever crushed their leg. On the other hand, it does hamper his technique slightly, so it has not healed completely either.
It's not regeneration.
Vilgefortz crushed the base of his femur and Geralt would be permanently crippled if not for the driads. He was treated in Brokilon with both magic and special herbs. He feels extreme pain everytime he steps badly on this leg.

Flash said:
..... Vilgefortz crushed the base of his femur....
Ssssssh Ssssssh SssssssssshDude!! Oh man you've done it for me now.To my credit it was the only fight Geralt actually admitted he should've run away from.[moderator]Sorry, I should have put it in spoiler bracketF[/moderator]

I can't help thinking "that's a hideous scar... who stitched it?" and "better than the one from the frightener!" from the intro area. He kills monsters for a living-- gonna be a couple of wounds eventually that don't heal just right. And if it's worth anything (and I suspect it isn't) I like his face either way, plus our modders out there will probably have a go at making a new beautiful skin mod for that scar if it really bothers folks too much. They do stuff like that. :)

etainne said:
They do stuff like that. :)
Amen.I'm sure I even saw a posting recently suggesting a ..well....how do I put it....."genital reconstruction surgery" on Geralt. It had something to do with his ponytail and all.

If you remember Eskel also had a rather disfiguring scar on his face, so they can't head so much as to leave no scars at all.

Vilgefortze said:
Vilgefortze said:
They do stuff like that. :)
Amen.I'm sure I even saw a posting recently suggesting a ..well....how do I put it....."genital reconstruction surgery" on Geralt. It had something to do with his ponytail and all.
shaved head. armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom