Patch 1.04 is live!

+
It still stutters when it rains (framerate goes crazy low but better ( when it rains in some areas) it really depends on where you are some places are worse than others..

FIre effects still slows the framerate alot down in Novigrad at night time ( the patch did do abit if you walk up to 1 fire Nothing happends but if there is like 4 fires your framerate turns into crap again

so yeah my overall experince from this new patch is it fixed abit but sadly no where near enough its still god awful.

ye. disappointed really. maybe its improved in rain but certainly not enough to make me 100% sure it has. alpha effects remain unchanged. npcs still do not load in novigrad. the fps in the bog is unchanged. and i am getting alot of stutter on the road to the bog from crows perch which ive never had before. unfortunately my solution is now to get a pc and hopefully eradicate silly fps problems that never get sorted on ps4 at least.

Ehr, patch notes described by Marcin Momot were different, and he said they were just a part of the final patch notes, what did happen?Where did these patch notes vanish?

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

Last edited:
PATCH 1.04v installed

Stuttering is almost fixed. The panning camera now is smooth, very nice.
But the animation of the horse at walking speed (not trottling nor galloping) still produces freezing of the image at every 1 second proximately.

I quote what i said days ago, to illustrate what I mean:

When does it occur?
Every time you ride your horse and walk slowly or trotting (not galloping)

Platform?
PS4 also related from PC that I know.

Bug/ glitch/ problem?

It produces stuttering. Every 1 second while you're riding your horse at walking speed, the screen freezes.

Examples?

From v1.00 to v1.03 I've noticed this very very very very very uncomfortable issue. It really kills my gaming experience because I love to go slowly through cities and villages, watching the beautiful landscape.

I think The panning camera now is very nice, but the stuttering while ridding "Rouch" is killing my ingame experience.

Last edited:
From 10 min of testing, I'm definitively feeling improvements in performance. I'm pretty sure performance in the bog area is improved, although it's not silky smooth yet. I think they might have reduced the "amount of fog" (alpha effects) in certain areas, but if they have, better performance is very much worth it in my opinion. Camera panning certainly feels more responsive and smoother. FPS still seems to take a hit during rain.

From 10 min of testing, I'm definitively feeling improvements in performance. I'm pretty sure performance in the bog area is improved, although it's not silky smooth yet. I think they might have reduced the "amount of fog" (alpha effects) in certain areas, but if they have, better performance is very much worth it in my opinion. Camera panning certainly feels more responsive and smoother. FPS still seems to take a hit during rain.

+10 Its almost ok, better perfomance overal, good job guys!

Saved right before the archgriffin and master armorer quests 2 days ago, when i thought i had the exp glitch...... installed 1.04 did the 2 quests.... and still no exp.
I am level 21, and the two quests are for lvl 24...... fuck this shit.

This has been said a thousand times on this forum, but i really hope CDPR is reading all of them.
I am very dissapointed about this game breaking bug, and the bad communication regarding patch 1.04.... there are so many gamebreakers since 1.03 it really is something you guys should been ashame of.

I have never played a witcher game in my life, and totally fell in love with the witcher 3, and all the stuff that came with the retail version of the game..... i was very very pleased.
After a week of playing i bought the expansion pass in de ps store..... so that in any way, you guys could see it was a loved and embraced game.......that i will support by buying something that doesn't come out anytime soon.... you deserved it.

Then i got bit by the exp bug.... and i was flabbergasted.... googled for a few hours, came across this forum, and read all the critics you got, from the handling of the patch out of hell : 1.03.

Promses were broken, this piece of art was unplayable (and with the experience bug... you will be having a disadvantage if you finish many quests with no xp reward, no matter what the guy said).
Trust washed away in a matter of a few reads....

Could go on in a very very crude way with this story, but i did it quite passionately yesterday on facebook.

Then about an hour ago patch 1.04 was live!
Installed the bugger, played the quests from above.... delivered the hunt first........... no xp....... tears were starting to form in my eyes.
With fear i went to the armorer for the master armorer quest.... skipped the conversation...... and.....no xp....... the tears dried up.....the anger grew,and now i am typing this.... in my best civilised way.... without much cursing.

I have paid €60 for this game, had a wonderfull time..... really liked your card that came with it...... loved CDPR..... and now it is gone.....everything.

Hope you guys are having much fun with my money, and money from my fellow gamers....... if the xp bug isn't fixed by the next patch..... or the next patch is taking to long... ( to be honest, this should have been fixed by tommorrow) i will sell my copy.

And for everyone who is thinking of saying... then you should not have bought a game on release date.(like the asshole on facebook)..... i was convinced a game was finished, when it hit the shelves... at least with no gamebreakers....... i have played unity in February, and although it was buggy as hell still, i have had quite a good time with that €30 buy.

English is not my main language, i did my best.

Big thanks to the folk at CDPR working on this patch for ps4, the camera movement in particular is such a nice fix. Moving the cursor on the map is also much improved.

Wish sausage guy still sold those shells though :p

The Novigrad issue is still a serious one. I am glad with the perfomance changes, I am not worried about some bugs (it's only normal to take some time to fix them), but since this game is all about immersion the NPCs at Novigrad is really grating and dissapointing.

Anyone with the "super speed geralt" bug able to confirm if it's still there? I've reverted back to NO patches to keep playing Death March! without it

---------- Updated at 05:35 PM ----------

The cards are there man, the shopkeeper close to the bridge is selling them...

Whoops, so I might have looked at the change log before actually checking the npc. Go the cards now :D

Still pissed about the xp bug

Thanks for not fixing the Novigrad NPC bug CDProject! i bought this game for 70 buck and wasnt able to play the whole last week cause this is a total immersion killer. I will never buy any of your games again for full price and will everybody i know tell to do so too. You just lost a customer

Last edited:
Top Bottom