Patch 1.10 buggered the economy and leveled swords past 70

+
Patch 1.10 buggered the economy and leveled swords past 70

Just wanted to let the tech team know and I posted this elsewhere on the other thread. But the economy is buggered all the prices from your inventory got downgraded, you can't cell a white pearl in novigrad for 119 anymore it is down to 19 and you can't sell a ruby anymore for 300 it is down to 66.00, was this suppose to happen in this patch, I read the release notes and nothing was mentioned that the economy was going down. How are you suppose to sell anything for the prices you have there now, the only thing that is going to be worth selling are the runes gylphs and your swords and armor, nothing else.... I know you could get 20 for cyclops eyes and now they are 1.00.... what is up with that.

The swords and armor are all leveled up as well. I had level 70 swords in new game + that I bought from some blacksmiths and now they are between 71-80. According to your game book, you can't level past 70, I tried, and it doesn't even give you xp for a main mission, so why level the swords and some of the armor past 70 when you can't level up past that?

There is a level 78 arch griffin on that island in skellege, so how is it that he goes past 70 an we can't same with the npc's they are 83. I hope someone from CDPR can comment on this or someone from tech to let me and everyone else know WHY they did the economy this way now and why we can't level past 70 even though you jacked up swords past that, that you cannot use, and will have to sell.

Wow, really? I'm on PS4 so I haven't been able to play with 1.10, but that just sounds stupid. So instead of adding some Crowns to merchants or increasing the rate they get Crowns back, they just make it all worthless? This almost sounds like the kind of crap change you'd see in some MMO. Not cool. My list of gripes with 1.10 is growing, that's for sure.

Just wanted to let the tech team know and I posted this elsewhere on the other thread. But the economy is buggered all the prices from your inventory got downgraded, you can't cell a white pearl in novigrad for 119 anymore it is down to 19 and you can't sell a ruby anymore for 300 it is down to 66.00, was this suppose to happen in this patch, I read the release notes and nothing was mentioned that the economy was going down. .....what is up with that..
i was about to create a thread about this topic this morning, but i made a search first and your thread popped out. So, instead of opening a new thread i'll join this conversation (although i realise this is probably just gonna be ignored, as this thread was opened almost a week ago and no dev bothered to reply yet).

anyway, getting to the matter at hand, there's basically no point seeling your loot anymore, coz even if u sold a handful of pearls u wouldn't get enough to buy a bunch of leather straps!!! what's up with that!!!

and that is particularly annoying since, in order to use the new runewright function, u basically have to drain your entire account. i had 40k crowns with my character, and to get that kind of money i had to complete the entire campaign. now i have less than 1000 crowns..... and i can't even sell my stuff to get enough money to buy a freaking glyph, because it turns out all my loot is worth shit now.

seriously what is up with that? is this just (another) bug? or was it intentional? coz if that was intentional i really can't see the logic behind it.

Last edited:
i was about to create a thread about this topic this morning, but i made a search first and your thread popped out. So, instead of opening a new thread i'll join this conversation (although i realise this is probably just gonna be ignored, as this thread was opened almost a week ago and no dev bothered to reply yet).

anyway, getting to the matter at hand, there's basically no point seeling your loot anymore, coz even if u sold a handful of pearls u wouldn't get enough to buy a bunch of leather straps!!! what's up with that!!!

and that is particularly annoying since, in order to use the new runewright function, u basically have to drain your entire account. i had 40k crowns with my character, and to get that kind of money i had to complete the entire campaign. now i have less than 1000 crowns..... and i can't even sell my stuff to get enough money to buy a freaking glyph, because it turns out all my loot is worth shit now.

seriously what is up with that? is this just (another) bug? or was it intentional? coz if that was intentional i really can't see the logic behind it.

Do not know if it was intentional or not as there was nothing in the notes on the fixes, but if they decided to do that after 5 months with the game being out then that is just wrong they should of instituted the economy that way from the beginning instead of changing it for the worse. I did discover that the gylphs and runes prices to sell did not change and if you craft some swords, steel or silver and sell it back to them you get a good price, The herbalists prices are relatively the same except on some items so you can sell your stuff to them, I did notice that they dropped the selling price of dwarven spirit by 2 it used to be 7 now it is 5.

The merchants seem to be the only ones that pay for your crafting stuff at a semi reasonable price for rubies and diamonds and the other stuff but the blacksmiths they pay crap now, for crafting stuff other than armor and swords and even some of the prices for those have gone down and other than as I said for runes and glyphs, there is a way to get alot of glyphs and runes to sell back I just do not want to post it on here so if you want to know just private message me.

I hear you about the runewright I had over 80,000 and after I was done with his quest I was down to 40.000. I like you wish someone from CDPR would comment on this as to why they did this after all these months and also raising the level on the swords past 70 when you can't even get past 70, I have like 5 swords I can't use, but someone from CDPR in this thread http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/57815-Any-news-on-level-cap/page7 said that they would be scaling the swords back in their patch whenever that comes out, since the console users still do not have a fix and it has been over a week now, boy, I am glad the PC people are enjoying their game with their fix, wish we could, I had to play hearts of stone with my something ends, something beings save at lvl 41. but I wanted to play it on new game plus, until they fix the dlc problem I am going to have quests that are undone especially the wolf gear quests. Luckily I still have my 1.08 save for when the fix does come I do not mind redoing stuff, but that is just me.

Since no moderator or dev are responding to this or answering my tweets because they have been deleted as I sent one to Marcin, and it was deleted, I guess they do not want to hear from console users

I never worried to much about money in the game, but I did everything there was to do before HOS came out. I never cheated or farmed enemies, but in the end I had around 42000 crowns. I was really peeved to see that to get the runemaker upgraded took nearly all of that (and to ad insult to injury rune words/glyphs suck) and adding sockets to weaponry is so dang expensive. Then I got more peeved cause I thought I would sell off valuable items I had collected from my inventory only to find their value had been severely scaled down.

So for the first time I made use of a game glitch and used the "remove rune stone from sword/armour glitch" (which is to go to a blacksmith and go to the remove upgrade tab, press x to remove the stone, but before its complete push R1 quickly, which then puts a the rune stone back into your inventory and also leaves it in the sword/armour, allowing you to repeat indefinite times to duplicated rune stones and sell to merchants to get your money back)

I am playing on a normal game since new game+ is so bugged for us PS4 users. Its not the only thing that's been nerfed. . . signs have also been scaled down, which also peeved me as my main character build was sign based.

Last edited:
I have a heavy sword build so signs do not bother me that much, I use quen the most and that is what most of my armor has for glyphs... the only good runewords I found after playing on normal game was the added damage one to the armor and the one where you cast a sign and you have adrenaline points the sword gets power from the sign, those are the two that I liked, and I only did that with the silver sword because it is the one you used the most, I did not do that with the steel sword.

I started another NG+ to see what happens and the only thing that disappeared was my wolf armor and my undvik stuff and the viper armor from the game, for some reason the viper swords are still there, when I started the NG+ game, and the Iris sword you get from Olgried was still in my inventory when I started the NG+ and I am on PS4. I used a combo feline and ursine armor, I liked the wolf armor because it looked the best, but I played most of the game with that hybrid armor, act 2 and 3 are shorter than act 1 so you do not get to use it that much in the game.

i had the chance to play a little bit this weekend, and i must say, my initial worries about the downgrade of the selling prices were premature and absolutely unfounded.
Not only i now believe this change was definitely intentional, but i also understand (and share) the logic behind it.
As u guys said, this depreciation doesn't concern every item and merchant, and it's still absolutely possible to gather a decent amount of coin by selling loot.

infact, i actually believe this change, combined with the huge costs of the runewriting and ghyphwriting function, gave a much needed balance to the game economy.
the game got to the point where u didn't even pick up loot anymore..... because even without grinding for money (which i never did), by the end of the game u were loaded with coin. Now instead we have again a purpose for looting.

bottom line, i'm now absolutely ok with this depreciationg thing and infact even wellcome it. well done devs! :clap:

i had the chance to play a little bit this weekend, and i must say, my initial worries about the downgrade of the selling prices were premature and absolutely unfounded.
Not only i now believe this change was definitely intentional, but i also understand (and share) the logic behind it.
As u guys said, this depreciation doesn't concern every item and merchant, and it's still absolutely possible to gather a decent amount of coin by selling loot.

infact, i actually believe this change, combined with the huge costs of the runewriting and ghyphwriting function, gave a much needed balance to the game economy.
the game got to the point where u didn't even pick up loot anymore..... because even without grinding for money (which i never did), by the end of the game u were loaded with coin. Now instead we have again a purpose for looting.

bottom line, i'm now absolutely ok with this depreciationg thing and infact even wellcome it. well done devs! :clap:

How do you figure it has brought balance to the game? I always looted in the game even if I had a lot of coin but you want to sell that for a reasonable price, I don't mind them downgrading some things but the jewels you can't even sell back to the crafters because you basically get nothing for them, now you have to find a merchant that pays decently for your stuff, at least the herbalists prices did not go down that much and you can still sell your monster stuff to them. I have been saving all my runes and glyphs and just selling those to the smiths and armourers and getting them to craft some relic swords and armor and selling it back to them. They should of dropped the crafting prices down as well and not left them the same.

How do you figure it has brought balance to the game?
well, before the update and the runewriting expenses, i had more money i could possibly spend, which made me kinda lazy, when it came to looting. now instead i struggle for money, which makes the exploration much more entertaining (as i always hope i can get decent loot).

also, before the update, as i progressed in the main campaign, i got to find such valuable loot that it quickly became a pain in the ass to actually find a merchant\blacksmith wealthy enough to buy my stuff back. I realise this problem could have been just as easily solved by increasing the merchant's cash..... but then we get back to the situation i described earlier (Geralt having more money he could possibly spend).

Besides Geralt is always short on coin in the books, so this new situation is kinda more immersive i guess (i realise this is silly, but still...).;D

I agree with u that the gems depreciation is a bit ridiculous, but as long as we can get enough money to afford the occasional respec (potion of clearance, new runes and glyphs, and so on), that dosn't really bother me.

anyway mate, if i may give u a tip, don't bother selling gems or looking for the best merchant to sell stuff to. the new bandits camps are an amazing loot source, and now bandits also carry some decent cash every now and then.
like i said before, after finishing the campaign i had 40K crowns, which i spent almost entirely to apply the new runestones to my gear....... still, after a single day of exploring and looting, i got back to 25K crowns!
Now, if u'll excuse me, i believe i'll go celebrating my recently acquired wealth by getting drunk on erveluce at the first inn i find on the path :beer:

absolutely no reason to play the game at its current state. Most of my lvl 68 Swords are 10 levels higher when i start a NG+ so they become useless :(

absolutely no reason to play the game at its current state. Most of my lvl 68 Swords are 10 levels higher when i start a NG+ so they become useless :(

I know how you feel I had a great day star sword right at level 70 and I bought a faustino and a couple of other swords that had over 1000 damage on them and I can't even use them because they both wen 5 and 8 levels above what I am at lvl 70.... I spend good money on some of those silver swords and a I found that day star on a quest.

Top Bottom