Patch 1.2

+
So what about the 35 perks that were non-functional? some of them were even broken. Any recent test done that could confirm whether the patch finally fixed each one of perks or not??

Seriously... People still complain like if it's the end of the world about some casual glitches here and there, dumb AI reactions, water no reacting to bullet-physics, etc, but a few makes the call about what it actually is the most concerning issue about the game, which is that 35 goddamn Perks literally DON'T WORK after four goddam months of the game's release, and after having external help from the community, which found and created a list for you with each one of affected perks to fix like..months ago. The majority of the perks under the Engineering attribute are USELESS, for instance. There are still many people out there who aren't even aware of this MAJOR issue that makes the game eveb more broken than anything else right now, while wasting points thinking they are roleplaying by upgrading their characters and making their V stronger when, in reality, it isn't the case.

If CDPR had fixed this with patch 1.2, they should've mentioned this information under the patch notes. Now you have people double-guessing and wondering whether they should still have to avoid or not those non-functional perks. I myself started a new playthrough and I don't know what to do yet.

Seriously, do I still have to wait for several days, perhaps weeks, for some youtuber to upload a random video reviewing and confirming this matter for us?
According to this guy apparently they were fixed.

My vehicles have been routinely showing up beat up and scratched (even more than before) since the patch, even after swapping vehicle summons.

1) You still haven't fixed mods in inventory disappearing after disassembly (well, not entirely; it works in some sub-menus sometimes).

2) Scan zooming tries to function like sniper zoom if you have a sniper rifle out while trying to scan and zoom.

3) Fully modded weapons are not updating their damage/stats correctly with all slots filled.

4) Crafting stats for weapons are not consistent and change as you switch back and forth between patterns (Nekomata was bouncing between 400+ base damage and 900+ base damage for instance as I switched back and forth from other weapon patterns).

5) It'd be nice if players could use the firing ranges and maybe even get damage feedback from it for testing weapons.

6) It'd also be nice if we could craft the countermass mod.

7) It'd also, also be nice if the journal entry or map tooltip for vehicle purchase SHOWED US what each vehicle looks like. Yeah, I know we can look at any given list on the internet, but it should be easy to reference IN GAME without digging through the database interface.

8) And DAMMIT, make the free camera button in the map remappable and closing the map mappable so I can open and close the map with the M button alone. The free camera is all but worthless anyway. Hitting M and then ESC when I COULD just be tapping M is...well...damn sloppy design CDPR.

9) Uninterruptable items still occurring. Still.

10) And how in the blue hell did you manage not to include ultrasound, thermographic, and low light mods/cyberwear in a CYBERPUNK game? They've been staples of Cyberpunk and Shadowrun type RPGs since ALWAYS! You've got areas of the game that are almost unnavigable because of darkness. It's sure be nice if my Kiroshis could slot something for that.

11) We should be able to queue up multiple item builds. You did it for ammo, but it'd be damn nice to do it for things like, I dunno, MODS and everything else craftable.

Last edited:
Has anybody experienced a significant change to 1.2 after a reinstall? I just notice that the sleep animation is the same as before which is not a big deal but maybe there are other changes that will not load

Last edited:
I've tried it with both, in fact I set the in game one to 59 FPS, probably placebo effect, but I remember being mentioned that some engines use pre-rendered frames by default and if you limit your fps to 59 FPS on 60hz helps to not fill up the flip-queue hence reducing latency.

The reason why I limited it from NVCP was that I was using Fast Sync which usually has lower latency than normal V-Sync (I know it should only be the case over 60 fps, but from my experience it's snappier in general although it produces a judder effect in some engines).

I should probably disable the FPS cap in NVCP, but I like my placebo effect at the moment :D.

P.S. The beauty of Cyberpunk 2077 is that both the changes in NVCP and the in game settings menu are activated instantaneously so you don't have to restart the game.

I can clearly feel a difference with Low Latency mode at different settings.

Post automatically merged:

Same, 40'' 4k LCD, the reason why I can live without RTX in Cyberpunk (unlike Metro Exodus where I just had to have RTX) is that the lighting in general is amazing across the board with HDR on.

I'd rather have the best IQ and HDR than fuzzy image with nice reflections. :D

I agree. Although, HDR is off for me on CP. It creates a lot of dithering under the quest updates on the UI and some other places. Don't know why. Love the colors in HDR though...

Do you experience dithering as well?

Had high hopes, I'm sure there have been loads of specific fixes but I was looking more towards overall optimisation, frame rates and general improved immersion. When you start a new game in Cyberpunk and notice V's reflection in the mirror, his lips not moving whilst he is having a conversation at the bar, the immersion is blown within seconds. There is more but not going to detail here. I'm sorry but that kind of oversight is simply not acceptable for a AAA game. The wait continues, 1.2 is welcome and appreciated but I'm now waiting for the next patch, as the game is still not of the required standard.

jumped in, immediately there was bad lip sync, loot I couldn't pick up off the floor, and the "defeat the scav leader" optional objective is still broken. If you stealth kill him, he still counts as not being defeated, despite being dead.

You still have to re-assign "F" to "E" in the .xml file, as there's no option in the keybindings.

Game is running a lot more choppy, more stuttering and freezes. I almost didn't get my Dying Night because the game had to wait a long time for the gun dealer to trigger. There's also some weird light flicking at points.

Btw, that thing about how they increased the rarity of the crafting materials? They just mean that they made it so you can't disassemble food and drink items. So sell those and scrap junk instead, I say.

The El Coyote fast-travel point is still available to anyone that starts the game as a Street Kid. Not that I'm complaining, I'll take MORE open world in this open world game anytime. So feel free to sequence break street kids!

I'll add more if/when I keep playing and discover more.

Playing on PC (32 GB ram, i9 3.6Ghz, NVidia GeForce RTDC 2070 SUPER, running Cyberpunk from a seperate SSD A.2 in PCIe slot) and after the 1.2 update I frequently have that the game doesn't respond (at all), then after a few seconds the keyboard/mouse input is working again. This makes the game almost unplayable. Besides that I have downgraded the graphics settings, but that hasn't changed this new behavior.
I started with a brand new character (my 3rd, I already played 325 hours on my first 2 characters) for the 1.2 update, but am not certain how long I will keep playing this - as first I had a smooth experience, but now no more.

For some reason my game on PC hasn't updated at all, The size of the game hasn't changed at all and I don't know what to do.

great so K hopping is out (didnt need to be removed but okay) not an issue in the first damn place and feature not yet mentioned is the removal of the free legendary cyberware namely the mantis blades from the crate in the cyberpsycho area and the legendary monowire in kabuki.. where the f is it and way to just not mention a completely unnecessary overhaul on the random rolled loot.. seriously guys get your sh** together

So much work and we still see 2D car sprites in the distance in highways? New glitches in textures that weren't there before? Longer loading times? Still no real replayability?

This is not good enough.

3) Fully modded weapons are not updating their damage/stats correctly with all slots filled.
The weapon cards in general are just a mess. And how promonently DPS is still displayed over single-shot damage is misleading.
4) Crafting stats for weapons are not consistent and change as you switch back and forth between patterns (Nekomata was bouncing between 400+ base damage and 900+ base damage for instance as I switched back and forth from other weapon patterns).
Yeah, the need to cut back on the amount of random factors here. If we're crafting the weapon, just give us a flat damage amount, don't force us to wait on a random roll for a higher value. Some weapons have as many as four different damage values they can cycle through!
7) It'd also, also be nice if the journal entry or map tooltip for vehicle purchase SHOWED US what each vehicle looks like. Yeah, I know we can look at any given list on the internet, but it should be easy to reference IN GAME without digging through the database interface.
YES! Please show us the vehicle! I hate having to jump back into Messages just to see what kind of car it is!
8) And DAMMIT, make the free camera button in the map remappable and closing the map mappable so I can open and close the map with the M button alone. The free camera is all but worthless anyway. Hitting M and then ESC when I COULD just be tapping M is...well...damn sloppy design CDPR.
This is just more proof that they have no idea how to handle PC control schemes. There's been times I've tried to click on Exit or something, only to realize you can't click on it, you have to hit the ESC key. This interface and control scheme caters to console players really really hard.
9) Uninterruptable items still occurring. Still.
Not sure what this means, but i have noticed that there's still loot I can't pick up.
10) And how in the blue hell did you manage not to include ultrasound, thermographic, and low light mods/cyberwear in a CYBERPUNK game? They've been staples of Cyberpunk and Shadowrun type RPGs since ALWAYS! You've got areas of the game that are almost unnavigable because of darkness. It's sure be nice if my Kiroshis could slot something for that.
Nightvision is like a given in these settings!
11) We should be able to queue up multiple item builds. You did it for ammo, but it'd be damn nice to do it for things like, I dunno, MODS and everything else craftable.
They need to just do it for everything!

as soon as update 1.20 released; many shouted {Hurra!}. yet it remained to be verified. I had kept some sore points of the game, holes in the map, the dump and its many problems, {a lot of treasures there}; not corrected. bugs, crashes {console}, unhappy players {PS5}.
the gameplay has not been corrected in its essence. the mini map still so boring and almost useless in some/many cases.

Gameplay; many statistics have been changed; the guide I have is no longer useful for this vector. holocalls problems... some mission scenario axes have been modified {ex: the Beast in me}. non-recognition of Reputation; get paid based on your professionalism.
- I'm very upset {I NEVER used glitches to cheat} => I should have!
I was honest {like in prison; be honest; a joke}. /a thought for players who have a hard time making money/.
we take the same and start again; or more simply {every day is exactly the same}
Yes; bugle sounds only when the war is over.

Last edited:
I agree. Although, HDR is off for me on CP. It creates a lot of dithering under the quest updates on the UI and some other places. Don't know why. Love the colors in HDR though...

Do you experience dithering as well?

Are you sure it's HDR though?

Could it perhaps be the lower res combined with DLSS?

Admittedly I haven't used a lower res than 4k so I never had any problems with dithering except for the grainy effect caused by the SSR (which is multifaceted, I'll explain) and the mirrors with lower forms of DLSS.

Curious as to why HDR would cause problems with the UI of all things.

Nvidia or AMD?

*The SSR grainy effect is a combination in between screen resolution and SSR quality itself.

I was using DLSS at Performance before 1.2 patch and SSR at medium and it displayed in a grid sort of way with massive rectangular shapes under certain lighting conditions - the behavior persisted all the way to High and Ultra setting, it was only Psycho that remedied it but the performance wasn't worth it.

Now I'm using DLSS at Auto and SSR at medium and the grid effect is gone completely - although it's still rather grainy under some conditions but much less so.

For some reason my game on PC hasn't updated at all, The size of the game hasn't changed at all and I don't know what to do.
The patch overwrites existing game files, so the overall size of the game doesn't change. If you have relatively fast connection and GoG launch on start up the game would've started updating the moment you turned on your PC. So it might have happened without you even realizing it.

A new minor bug, if it's one.
It's pretty embarassing.
Legendary ping (only the legendary, lower ones work normaly) alert all the enemis in the area :(

EDIT: It's not ping itself, it's ping + legendary weapon glitch and cripple movement. If you ping a group with one of those equip, enemi are alerted :(

Last edited:
Seems like mod slots per item rarity are still heavily randomized. It's good they removed our ability to disassemble common items for crafting materials, and left the RNG for the loot in. It wasn't like we were using crafting builds to subvert that so we weren't at the mercy of a bad dice roll or anything.

I'm playing on PS5. In the "Down on the street" quest I can't speak with Wakako. I suspect that reason is Takemura isn't anywhere near parlor and he's just staying in the docks. I can't interact with him in any way, waiting/doing quests doesn't do anything. Anyone had the same problem? Is there way to solve it? I sunk 32 hours so far and I don't plan on starting from the beginning again. That's my third attempt at CP2077 and it seems I just can't finish this game.

Top Bottom