Patch 4.04 is live on all platforms, including Nintendo Switch!

+
You mean that Geralt does no longer consume stamina while running?
If yes, I think it's the case since the "next-gen" update (4.0), so since December (to be honest, I'm glad they did it^^).

So there's no way to turn it off? Looks very unnatural((

Had 4.01 - everything fine. GOG said I needed to install to update, so I did a complete install of 4.04. Now it won't load my gave saves, stating that Hearts of Stone and some other DLC are missing. I follow instructions to verify game integrity, it stalls at 92%, and doesn't appear to d/l the missing DLC anyway. What needs to be done to fix this?
Post automatically merged:

Had 4.01 - everything fine. GOG said I needed to install to update, so I did a complete install of 4.04. Now it won't load my gave saves, stating that Hearts of Stone and some other DLC are missing. I follow instructions to verify game integrity, it stalls at 92%, and doesn't appear to d/l the missing DLC anyway. What needs to be done to fix this?
If anyone cares, the workaround is to install 4.03. I noticed the total download was several gigs larger, so it would seem that data is missing from the 4.04 install. I was able to load the game with the 4.03 version, so it would seem the new installer is bugged.

Last edited:
parch 4.04 seems to have caused problems no setting changes and now I get multiple stutters and freezes on any settings.

Running on Epic Games with GTX1650 graphic card. before patch 4.04 I was getting around 35-47 FPS on ultra now I can't get 20FPS without multiple freezes and stutters. Some help please

Shadows are still bugged without raytracing

With the previous version if I pressed A Geralt could run faster, consuming stamina, now this does not work anymore... I'm the only one to be experiencing this?

With the previous version if I pressed A Geralt could run faster, consuming stamina, now this does not work anymore... I'm the only one to be experiencing this?
What do you mean? You can't run or running does not consume stamina?
If it's about stamina consumption, it's "normal". It's one of the little changes CDPR added to the next gen version.

It's an intentional change they made in patch 4.0 which i don't really like either because it makes it less realistic for Geralt to infinitely sprint and it makes stamina (a core gameplay mechanic) irrelevant

I've also had this exact same issue with the new update for the Switch! Was playing it before downloading the update, all audio was working fine. Went to make lunch whilst the update was downloading, came back to boot up, and now there is no environmental FX audio at all. No trees, wind, birds, rain.. nothing!
You've fixed old problems, but there's a new one now, sounds of weather are completely gone, so game is really quiet now, especially this noticeable when music doesn't play. Please fix this because it's really awkward and uncomfortable to play

SWITCH VERSION 4.04

POG

It's actually amazing that the devs update this game after so many years. We thank you for still working on this masterpiece because it is non other than a masterpiece. I will keep playing it as you refine it like a fine wine!

Hi,
since patch 4.04 the game crashes to desktop in random game situations, mostly when equipping items in the character screen. Before that patch game run stable, no crashes, no freezes, played 60h+ without any issue. As i play on steam platform, i was forced to update the game to 4.04 due to launcher.. Game settings are Raytracing off, DLSS on quality setting, other setting on Ultra... System is Intel 13700k on Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite, 32gb DDR5, RTX 3080 10G, GPU driver are latest.. No Mods installed... Tried also reinstalling GPU drivers and repairing game files via Steam. Nothing changed... Is there any possiblity to downgrade to previous version?

Bugs I encounter from Nintendo switch:

1. problem with saving games, first save will always fail, need to press save the 2nd time it will only be successful.

2. loading from most recent save after death will only load from manual saved files, it does not load from auto saved files.

3. Could not find dol Blathana set in vizima.

Bugs I encounter from Nintendo switch:

1. problem with saving games, first save will always fail, need to press save the 2nd time it will only be successful.

2. loading from most recent save after death will only load from manual saved files, it does not load from auto saved files.

3. Could not find dol Blathana set in vizima.
Cross-progression is enabled?
If yes, try to disable it.
I suggest to directly report it to the support anyway (no category, but this one should be fine > "contact us" button).
Hi,
since patch 4.04 the game crashes to desktop in random game situations, mostly when equipping items in the character screen. Before that patch game run stable, no crashes, no freezes, played 60h+ without any issue. As i play on steam platform, i was forced to update the game to 4.04 due to launcher.. Game settings are Raytracing off, DLSS on quality setting, other setting on Ultra... System is Intel 13700k on Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite, 32gb DDR5, RTX 3080 10G, GPU driver are latest.. No Mods installed... Tried also reinstalling GPU drivers and repairing game files via Steam. Nothing changed... Is there any possiblity to downgrade to previous version?
Just to be sure, by "no mods installed", you mean that you never used mods on this save?

Shadows are still bugged without raytracing
Yes, the problems with shadows are so annoying. I really wish the devs would have their attention pointed to this aspect.
I wrote and documented my observations about the shadow mapping situation here:

Hello!
it's my first reply on the forum. I wanted to highlight the fact that shadow rendering (via cascaded shadow maps) in Witcher 3 Next-gen is visibly of less quality when compared to version 1.32 of the game.
I even made a video about this, showcasing a few of the problems, aside from the flickering shadows.

My approach was to compare the Low preset for Shadow Quality from 1.32 with that of 4.03 (and now 4.04).
The newer version clearly has some regressions and worse quality than the older version, and this is something unexpected.
Even the High profile of 4.x looks worse and more pixelated than the reference old Low profile, which had a more subtle loss of fidelity with distance.
You can see the various examples in which it is inferior:

I also checked the values for the different presets which get set into the dx12user.settings and they are matching those from version 1.32, so with the same exact values for the cascade related (CascadeShadowDistanceScale0 etc) and resolution related (CascadeShadowmapSize) Rendering parameters, why is the quality worse?
On another topic:
Hi,

I also had trouble with patch 4.03 and 4.04 in which DX11 version wouldn't start at all, while DX12 was perfectly fine.

Repairing/verifying didn't help (GOG version).

Until I found the solution myself, after reading many suggestions to clean any mod files, which I had none off.
The problem was that I had some leftover files for earlier versions of the game, which weren't removed in the update process.
All the current version files were fine, but these extras (leftovers) were causing the game to not start.

I ran this python script, gogverify, from https://github.com/DorianRudolph/gogverify which checks the MD5 hashes and ALSO lists unexpected files. Then I proceeded to remove all the unexpected files. This totally fixed my problem and now the game starts in DirectX 11 mode.
(an alternative would be to nuke the whole folder and then I guess Gog/Steam will only download current version files, but still, this is more inelegant)

I already reported this to GOG Galaxy via a support ticket, because I think it is their responsability to fix in Gog Galaxy updater/verifier.

To summarize:
Problem: Witcher 3 doesn't start at all using Direct3D 11 API, dx11. Process crashes very fast, without going fullscreen.
Discovered cause: Leftover files from 1.32 or earlier, before updating to 4.x via Gog Galaxy.
Solution: Clean-up all files which are belonging to previous releases and are not on the list of checked files. GOG Galaxy should improve the update and verifying process by also removing leftover game files from previous versions, apart from checking integrity of current version files.

New crash situation unlocked, I was in the swamp fighting a grave hag and suddenly the screen went black, I couldn't exit to Windows or anything, I had to force a restart.

Once again, great job CDPR!!! 👌

Dear Polish friends! It's very sad to see that we've already added voice-overs for other languages, despite the lack of at least textual localization of Ukrainian. We still hope to change this situation.:cry:

Top Bottom