Patch Notes 9.4

+

Update 9.4 marks the drop of third and final expansion in the Price of Power set - Harvest of Sorrow. While it's definitely the main star of the show, as usual we introduce other changes, including balance to the existing cards. Read below in detail what new things you can expect with this release.
Changes
  • Updated the recommended cards in the deck builder for each leader ability.
  • Reworked the implementation of how the Spying status is granted: The tooltips of affected cards have been adjusted.
  • Spying is no longer implicitly granted to units that are moved to, spawned on or played on the opponent's side, unless specified in the tooltip.
  • Seize now gives/removes Spying before the unit is moved. Disloyal units all gain Spying when played.
  • Added the option to not save the deck after making changes.
New Features
  • New Expansion! Harvest of Sorrow
  • New Reward Book trees for Octavia Hale and Vilgefortz.
  • New products, including kegs for the Price of Power set.
  • Important! The Way of the Witcher kegs will be removed from the shop.
Neutral
  • Count Caldwell: Tooltip now specifies that Count Caldwell will gain Spying when moving to the opponent's side, and loses Spying when moving back to your side, in accordance with the changes to Spying highlighted in the changes.
  • Siegfried of Denesle: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Uma's Curse: Provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Pellar: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
Monsters
  • Mammuna: Provision cost changed from 11 to 12.
  • Queen of the Night: Power changed from 5 to 6. Bleeding duration changed from 4 to 3.
  • Naglfar's Taskmaster: Power and provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Rotfiend: Damage from the Deathwish changed from 4 to 5.
Skellige
  • Artis: Provision cost changed from 8 to 12. Ability changed to: Deploy: Play a 4 provision Cultist from your deck. Ranged: Whenever a unit is played, damage it by half its current power.
  • Gremist: Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Hammond: Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Sigrdrifa's Rite: Now gives Doomed to the Summoned unit.
  • Vildkaarl: Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Crow Clan Druid: Power changed from 4 to 3. Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Dimun Light Longship: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Melusine Cultist: Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Svalblod Butcher: Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Trophy Catch received a new name and a type. It is now a Whale Harpooner, a 2-power, 4 provision cost unit with: Deploy: Move an enemy unit to the other row, then damage it by the number of units on that row.
Northern Realms
  • Coodcoodak: Deploy replaced with Zeal; Order.
  • Ildiko: Power changed from 5 to 6. Boost from the Order changed from 5 to 4. Granting Zeal no longer requires Ildiko to be Inspired.
  • Keira Metz: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Sabrina Glevissig: Provision cost changed from 6 to 8. Damage from the Deathwish changed from 2 to 3.
  • Damned Sorceress: Cooldown changed from 2 to 1.
  • Temerian Drummer: Power changed from 3 to 4. Armor changed from 1 to 0.
Scoia'tael
  • Barnabas Beckenbauer: Boost changed from 2 to 3.
  • Harald Gord: Self boost from the Deploy is now capped at 12.
  • Ida Emean aep Sivney: Power changed from 5 to 6. Vitality duration changed from 4 to 3.
  • Zoltan: Warrior: Provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Dwarf Berserker: Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Vrihedd Sappers: Power and provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
Nilfgaard
  • Treason: Now additionally gives Spying to the target unit.
  • Usurper: Now mentions that it gives Spying to the Spawned Operatives, in accordance with the changes to Spying highlighted in the changes. This applies to all three forms.
  • Spotter: Power changed from 1 to 5. Ability swapped with Viper Witcher Alchemist, and now reads: Deploy: Look at top 3 cards of your deck and put one on the top, then swap top card of your opponent's deck with yours.
  • Viper Witcher Alchemist: Power changed from 5 to 2. Ability swapped with Spotter, and now reads: Deploy (Melee): Reveal a random unit from your opponent's deck and boost self by its power.
Syndicate
  • Blood Money: Provision bonus changed from 15 to 16.
  • Tamara Strenger: Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Tunnel Drill: Ability changed to: Profit 2 Fee 2: Damage an enemy unit by 1. If you played a Crime this turn, damage an enemy unit by 3 instead.
Game Fixes
  • The client window no longer registers input when not in focus.
  • It is no longer possible to queue up conflicting actions on a gamepad while pressing more than one button simultaneously.
  • Leticia Charbonneau's tooltip now correctly shows that she can increase her own Patience level if her Order is reset during the same turn.
  • The Doomed status can no longer be granted to units with Veil when being played or Summoned from the graveyard.
  • Salamandra Abomination will now correctly trigger VFX when Purifying itself.
  • Playing specials from the opponent's deck (e.g. via Cantarella) will now correctly update Orb of Insight's Counter.
  • Tissaia de Vries now correctly resets the Order abilities of all mages, not only those from the Northern Realms.

Added the option to not save the deck after making changes.
This will be very welcome indeed!

Uma buff, too. :D

I really like the NG and Spying changes since they are buffs.

PS. Good riddance to instant Drill boardwipes and massive Gords.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Most of these changes are really good...

But what the hell is up with that Artis rework? Now gets a boring alternate ability, and keeps its interesting ability on ranged row, but if you wanna play the interesting ability, now you pay 4 more provisions? That's some serious BS.

But what the hell is up with that Artis rework? Now gets a boring alternate ability, and keeps its interesting ability on ranged row, but if you wanna play the interesting ability, now you pay 4 more provisions? That's some serious BS.
You get both though and if you run Fanatics you can immediately trigger one, while Artis still has the same engine capabilities.
All this does is making Artis actually trade up to removal like Alzur's Thunder.
Artis is now an 11 for 12, with the ranged ability (and which thins a 4p card, which also makes including the Fanatics viable).

Exactly my thought, don't know if this will be good in self-wound decks, but it definitely looks clunky.

Well, I think Artis rework is good: it gives him tempo at the cost of a 4p card, wich could give you 11points with his own body and the Bear abomination.

rrc

Forum veteran
So, as feared/expected, absolutely no support for handbuff in the patch notes. This would make Filavandrel a top contender with Tissia for "The worst legendary" from PoP, basically making him a DoA card. But at least ST got Bountiful Harvest, one good card from HoS, which itself is a score for ST. One week into the game, we wouldn't see Filavandrel until he gets the same buff as Tissia and made 10P.

With Gord dead (good riddance), ST almost loses the one deck it has to stay relevant. 15 is still good and mostly for ST Gord loses around 4 or 5 points from the previous ability. It may not be huge, but I think ST will go back to its previous well deserved title of 5th playable faction. That is just my guess and I will be happy to be wrong here.

My guess would be that NG will run rampant and destroy the greedy NR and SK. SK and NG would be tire 1. MO and SY being the 3rd and 4th and NR and ST will become besties again and stay at the bottom. Let's see.

So, as feared/expected, absolutely no support for handbuff in the patch notes. This would make Filavandrel a top contender with Tissia for "The worst legendary" from PoP, basically making him a DoA card. But at least ST got Bountiful Harvest, one good card from HoS, which itself is a score for ST. One week into the game, we wouldn't see Filavandrel until he gets the same buff as Tissia and made 10P.

With Gord dead (good riddance), ST almost loses the one deck it has to stay relevant. 15 is still good and mostly for ST Gord loses around 4 or 5 points from the previous ability. It may not be huge, but I think ST will go back to its previous well deserved title of 5th playable faction. That is just my guess and I will be happy to be wrong here.

My guess would be that NG will run rampant and destroy the greedy NR and SK. SK and NG would be tire 1. MO and SY being the 3rd and 4th and NR and ST will become besties again and stay at the bottom. Let's see.
Tissaia might be tolerable with all the new NR Mages, at least for Round 3.
If anything I would say Yaga is worse than Filavandrel.

DRK3

Forum veteran
You get both though and if you run Fanatics you can immediately trigger one, while Artis still has the same engine capabilities.
All this does is making Artis actually trade up to removal like Alzur's Thunder.
Artis is now an 11 for 12, with the ranged ability (and which thins a 4p card, which also makes including the Fanatics viable).
Ohhhhh. Disregard my comment - i misunderstood the change.

I thought it would only play the cultist if played on melee, while on ranged it kept the same ability but wouldnt trigger that cultist tutoring.
But that is NOT the case. Now it makes more sense.

It is a buff after all, and it does make it even more interesting.

NR just got some crazy engine overload material though.

Ohhhhh. Disregard my comment - i misunderstood the change.

I thought it would only play the cultist if played on melee, while on ranged it kept the same ability but wouldnt trigger that cultist tutoring.
But that is NOT the case. Now it makes more sense.

I misread it exactly the same way! Very glad it was a mis-read or I would whine forever about them destroying my favorite card.

I am also happy that recently buffed cards can be buffed again — that gives me hope for future cards.

Glad that Drill and Gord got nerfed. A bit sad that NG was not addressed too. NG's top deck was tier 1 and got no nerfs. It even got a small buff with Treason now giving spying too, thus helping Artaud. I guess NG will dominate next month with all the greedy stuff SK got.

We have some really great changes (Sabrina, Barnabas, Uma) and some good balancing that many people have been waiting for (Mammuna, Gord, Drill).

Artis, on the other hand, seems quite strange to me. If I am not mistaken, he can now activate both chapters of Gedyneith (if we choose to draw Hermit) in one turn. That is a viable option and is fine. Apart from Hermit, we have 5 other alternatives but only one of them seems good enough to play - Svalblod Fanatic, since it will instantly trigger its Berserk ability. But other options? They look pretty bad, to be honest.

Svalblod Ravager - Deal 2 damage and potentially Bleeding for two turns but puts only one point on board (3 minus 2)
Svalblod Butcher - Damage an ally by 2 points, adds Bleeding for 3 turns and puts 2 points on board (5 points after this patch minus 3 damage from Artis)
Svalblod Cultist - 2 points on board (similar to the previous card)
Disgraced Brawler - 0 points since it will destroy itself (unless Bloodthirst 3 achieved)

Unless I read this card in the wrong way, it looks really underwhelming and actually worse than its previous version. 12-point provision is a great commitment and I think that it can be spent much better.

Also, the way Viper Witcher Alchemist has been handled is hilarious:

"We know many people hate this card so we will completely change it - from now on it will have an entirely different purpose! But look! We have this incredible card called Spotter which.... is exactly the same as the previous Viper Witcher Alchemist...."

I really don't know what to think about it. Perhaps it is more lore-friendly but it doesn't change anything in the game.

We have some really great changes (Sabrina, Barnabas, Uma) and some good balancing that many people have been waiting for (Mammuna, Gord, Drill).

Artis, on the other hand, seems quite strange to me. If I am not mistaken, he can now activate both chapters of Gedyneith (if we choose to draw Hermit) in one turn. That is a viable option and is fine. Apart from Hermit, we have 5 other alternatives but only one of them seems good enough to play - Svalblod Fanatic, since it will instantly trigger its Berserk ability. But other options? They look pretty bad, to be honest.

Svalblod Ravager - Deal 2 damage and potentially Bleeding for two turns but puts only one point on board (3 minus 2)
Svalblod Butcher - Damage an ally by 2 points, adds Bleeding for 3 turns and puts 2 points on board (5 points after this patch minus 3 damage from Artis)
Svalblod Cultist - 2 points on board (similar to the previous card)
Disgraced Brawler - 0 points since it will destroy itself (unless Bloodthirst 3 achieved)

Unless I read this card in the wrong way, it looks really underwhelming and actually worse than its previous version. 12-point provision is a great commitment and I think that it can be spent much better.

Also, the way Viper Witcher Alchemist has been handled is hilarious:

"We know many people hate this card so we will completely change it - from now on it will have an entirely different purpose! But look! We have this incredible card called Spotter which.... is exactly the same as the previous Viper Witcher Alchemist...."

I really don't know what to think about it. Perhaps it is more lore-friendly but it doesn't change anything in the game.
The final part of your comment. It change, because almost all the players Who palys The old alchemisto usually play it with The artifact location.

Now they wont do it anymore

Wow, this is a super bland update tbh.

Sigrdrifa's Rite's nerf is a beat to a dead dog. It was good only with Melusine stack decks which were T2 decks at best anyways and now you nerf if because of Rioghan?? :facepalm:

A bunch of meanless SK buffs all over the place.

NG are not even touched.

Mammunna should have been reworked a bit to fit in some specific decks rather than beeing straightforward 12 for 20 in every MO deck.

Tbh the only good thing I personally see that matters is the Driller change.

Top Bottom