Patch Notes 9.6

+
Didnt take not even 24h for the game to delve into complete degeneracy:

ST unitless Madoc/ Saskia/ Milva crap (like i predicted), players abusing SK Onslaught not working properly, NR Radovid Uprising who devs reassure they knew its working properly and its fine (havent seen this one 1st hand, only seen videos and comments though), plus MO Arachas queen, which after months of Caranthir issues and nerfs, now we have Caranthir 2.0 which doesnt even have the MO limit so it can be used to replicate ANY card...
one day before the patch spyro in his channel was doing a "future" deck thinking in copy as many madocs as he can.

I today already faced "his deck" (or at leeast the same idea). But, since i know what was it, in the first time madoc show up, i heatwave it.

In second round he steal my madoc with miruna, but i already has the banish bomb, so i banish it.

The rest it was my trash thing with traps, bombs, eldain and milva. Of course i win the game heheh

DRK3

Forum veteran
one day before the patch spyro in his channel was doing a "future" deck thinking in copy as many madocs as he can.

I today already faced "his deck" (or at leeast the same idea). But, since i know what was it, in the first time madoc show up, i heatwave it.

In second round he steal my madoc with miruna, but i already has the banish bomb, so i banish it.

The rest it was my trash thing with traps, bombs, eldain and milva. Of course i win the game heheh

Yes, yesterday i also saw MO Madoc, and i was delighted by the surprise and innovation of my opponent... but it doesnt surprise me if he got the idea from another player, or most likely, one of the most popular streamers who theorycrafted a deck before patch.

At least now i know what players are using Arachas Queen for (i dont just mean Madoc, Dethlaff HV and Ruehin are also obvious picks), i'll be sure to use something new when i feature it in my deck of the day thread :shrug:

This is now officially my favourite patch ever. Milva, guards against greedy decks like NR mages and the abominable Nature's Gift decks have become way less popular.

Regis, EXACTLY what vampires needed since round two bleeds were by far their biggest weakness.

Onslaught has made SK control decks 100% more fun, both feels more like SK rather than just a collection of strong cards and no need to worry about the dumb RNG element of reckless flurry which is trash (people just don't know how to differentiate between good cards and good leader ability).

Assimilate decks still remain but they are no longer 90% of games so it can be tolerated.

This is now officially my favourite patch ever. Milva, guards against greedy decks like NR mages and the abominable Nature's Gift decks have become way less popular.

Regis, EXACTLY what vampires needed since round two bleeds were by far their biggest weakness.

Onslaught has made SK control decks 100% more fun, both feels more like SK rather than just a collection of strong cards and no need to worry about the dumb RNG element of reckless flurry which is trash (people just don't know how to differentiate between good cards and good leader ability).

Assimilate decks still remain but they are no longer 90% of games so it can be tolerated.
Just wait!

When 90% for no units milva you can back here and see if its your favourite patch (Unless of course you like no units)

So far, I have played with new decks for SK, MO and SC and I am really liking all of them.

I think this latest expansion was quite good.

My recommendation is just boycott the game. Once daily users drop in activity they'll fix stuff or let it die which costs people's jobs. Regis isn't bad since torque was getting as high as 36 on last play. However milva and onslaught is just broken. Games are hitting in the high 80s-90s in a round

I played and payed tribute Azar Javed with King of Beggars in deck but nothing happens.
I was wrong there.

Last edited:
Milva is great. I just really wish Madoc didn't exist at all.
You are in The Last Bushr vídeo. See that in YouTube.

You played a "mirror" match (in fact it was not a mirror, i think his deck is better and i create a similar deck)

My recommendation is just boycott the game. Once daily users drop in activity they'll fix stuff or let it die which costs people's jobs. Regis isn't bad since torque was getting as high as 36 on last play. However milva and onslaught is just broken. Games are hitting in the high 80s-90s in a round
I'm afraid there's a decent (in size) part of the playerbase that likes the way the game is heading. Or they just don't care as long as they can download some no-brain nonsense with guidelines and throw some cards mechanically. Maybe Gwent's ultimate goal is to become a new solitaire.
I'm still in the game for the art and lore. And some decent opponents I manage to encounter. And for the journey, :)
My suggestions to radically change and fix the game fall on deaf ears, but to stop playing it means to lose a game l really loved for a long time.

Sentiments aside and on-topic - this patch indeed proves to be the worst ever. New cards don't really add anything, just breaking the game in specific combos. So there's a way to still enjoy the game - just ignore this patch's cards and abilities.

Last edited:
You are in The Last Bushr vídeo. See that in YouTube.

You played a "mirror" match (in fact it was not a mirror, i think his deck is better and i create a similar deck)
Depends on what you define as "better." I really dislike the Madoc+Milva combo, and going full no-unit. It is admittedly more oppressive and probably gets more wins that what I use, but I would not enjoy playing that. That's not ST to me.

Couldn't find the video on his you tube channel. Not sure what I'm missing, but I seem to remember it was a decent match. I think I high-rolled my Serpent trap to take out his Saskia :D Good times.

You nerf Raffard's Vengence out of AA range but then you give them Henselt to act as a tutor... It's like this game will never have enough tutors.
When out of ideas for cards just print out more tutors, why not...

The fact that Arachas Queen can summon Arachas Swarm feels pretty weird... cuz she's not intended for a Swarm deck so why swarm? The only Swarm-based insectoid that would make sense to consume is the Endrega Eggs, but it's a waste of potential to just use her to copy a 4 provision bronze. Meanwhile if you are consuming Ruhenin (which is a much better target) then you are going for a consume based deck and won't be profiting from swarms much, they might instead just clog your row and thus make it worse for you.
I respect the fact that it's meant as a thematic thing and that's cool, but the lack of synergy feels weird.
Would be cool if it would maybe randomly spawn one of 3 Organic cards: Arachas Swarm, Arachas Venom and Natural Selection. Or let us just outright pick which one out of those 3 we want. Though Arachas Venom would feel most underwhelming cuz MO don't have damage pings to set stuff up.

Would someone run AQ in a swarm deck just for the purpose of consuming Endrega Eggs? It feels like a compensation for not having better targets lol.

I see her main use as generating a second Ruhin so that you have 2 of them available for a consume deck.

Devs should have an option on their side to turn off a card if they can't provide an immediate hotfix.
I mean, I just took Morkvarg off from my pirates deck, but people don't give a shit about fair play and continue to play Morkvarg. :-/

Devs should have an option on their side to turn off a card if they can't provide an immediate hotfix.
I mean, I just took Morkvarg off from my pirates deck, but people don't give a shit about fair play and continue to play Morkvarg. :-/

What about him? Could You elaborate?

He gives armor in Onslaught for every ping he does, which is a bug. So, he may give your units a ton of armor, like 10-15 in one turn.

And it is officialy confirmed that it is a bug? Because initially creating 2 additional scythemans by Radovid + insurrection ability was cinsidered a bug, and now it become more and more clear that it is not
Only asking, because in gwent nothing can suprise me

Top Bottom