PC Hotfix

+
How to confirm? that's my question. There's not patch version or anything to say what the hotfix entails nor if it actually updated. Would like to get some answers especially also on the freezes
CDPR didn't release the hotfix only on GOG or Steam, it's on all platforms. And if you let auto-update enabled, the launcher installed it directly when available. If auto-update is enabled, there is no doubt that you run the very last version of the game (i.e this hotfix).
If you want answer from CDPR, I suggest to directly contact the support > "Contact Us" button.
But be sure that you tried all the steps before.

Last edited:
Screen space seems to have fixed for me, earlier that setting did not do anything at all, now I keep it at low, rest all unchanged, now getting constant 40+ fps, but seems to have increased stuttering when entering new town or middle of novigrad, it's not huge stutter, but micro stutter from time to time.

If auto-update is enabled, I guess the hotfix was directly installed.

If you're on GOG, in theory you can rollback your game version and it's very easy. On Steam, I think it's possible but difficult. On Epic, impossible as far as I know.
If you want to have the choice, just disable auto-update... You will be able to decide if you want to install an update or not :)
not possible to disable auto-update on steam. You can either choose to install immediately/plus prio 1 or to install when the game is started. All 3 options equals - install always.

Am I crazy or there is no patch notes? There is non, am I seeing it wrong?

This patch feels like when you are having a phone call and someone asks you to get outside because they can't hear you very well, you don't move an inch and after few seconds you ask "can you hear me now?"

Don't know what they did, but this patch made it worse again :(
It was running better/okay-ish after 4.01 but this patch made it worse again: running at 40-45 fps but stuttering SO much!
This really isn't fun anymore and it's starting to get irritating now :(
Feels like there's no real control on the RTXI stuff.

Used the Steam tweak for now to go back to 4.01 unpatched and that runs fine.

I can enjoy with outstanding quality this game., in a simple 3060ti using RT on, but I can mostly read what sounds like a lot of edit Learn to appreciate a fantastic game, which developers keeps caring about 8 years after!! Jesus...

Last edited by a moderator:
How to confirm? that's my question. There's not patch version or anything to say what the hotfix entails nor if it actually updated. Would like to get some answers especially also on the freezes

In Steam Select Witcher 3 in your Library and Right Click -> Properties -> Updates

Down the bottom will be App ID , Build ID and the last time your game was updated.

Then go to - https://steamdb.info/app/292030/depots/?branch=public and search that page for buildid

Current build as of this post is 10514800

Need help.
What is this error (Red engine loader) ?:
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(3325): Could not find function 'NGE_SetUsedPoints'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(3326): Could not find function 'NGE_SetFreePoints'

gog version.

Need help.
What is this error (Red engine loader) ?:
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(3325): Could not find function 'NGE_SetUsedPoints'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(3326): Could not find function 'NGE_SetFreePoints'

gog version.
Do you use (or used) mods ?
If yes, be sure that they're all up to date and compatible with the last game version (last hotfix).

In Steam Select Witcher 3 in your Library and Right Click -> Properties -> Updates

Down the bottom will be App ID , Build ID and the last time your game was updated.

Then go to - https://steamdb.info/app/292030/depots/?branch=public and search that page for buildid

Current build as of this post is 10514800
On other plartforms, you could look at the timestamp on the files in the game folder. Under GOG I can see a bunch of files timestamped at 20:28 14/02/2023 which is when mine updated I guess. In particular, witcher3.exe in /bin/x64_dx12 (82,983 kb).

On other plartforms, you could look at the timestamp on the files in the game folder. Under GOG I can see a bunch of files timestamped at 20:28 14/02/2023 which is when mine updated I guess. In particular, witcher3.exe in /bin/x64_dx12 (82,983 kb).

If your game files are corrupted and they get repaired what file modification dates do they get ? When they were repaired ? Or the timestamp of when the developer last changed the file ?

If your game files are corrupted and they get repaired what file modification dates do they get ? When they were repaired ? Or the timestamp of when the developer last changed the file ?
That's a good question :)

Just tried checking by re-naming the exe file and doing a verify on GOG. The exe was recreated (good!) but with today's timestamp. So I guess it's a quick check of 'when was this file refreshed on my PC'.

Never looked at the properties of the file before so don't know if these changed for the hotfixes, but the 'Details' tab currently shows this:
1676896188315.png

And 'Digital Signature' shows this:
1676896267139.png

After updating the game to the latest version I got FPS drop on GTX 1060 6GB. Previously I had 50-60 FPS on FHD, now I have 30-35 FPS :/

Performance has generally improved for me but some stutters are still present though they are not frequent which is good. The first image is RT off at 1440p AMD FSR 2 Quality and graphics set to Ultra+ and the second image is same settings but RT Performance on (all toggles enabled).
Sorry this is late and unrelated but how did you get stuttering % and latency in RTSS? I've been trying to implement those in my benchmarking layouts for some time.

I have an issue now where the framerate is stuck at 22 in game and on the pause menu.

I have
32gb ram
Gtx1070
I7 -6700

Doesn't matter whether it's on low or high. The framerate stays the same.

I have an issue now where the framerate is stuck at 22 in game and on the pause menu.

Doesn't matter whether it's on low or high. The framerate stays the same.

There's an option for whether your FPS should be limited in Video --> Display within the in-game settings.
Try playing with it, see what happens. :)

Sorry to break it to you, but the VRAM memory leak when using RT is still there.

i5-13600k
32GB DDR5 5600MHZ CAS 36
GEFORCE RTX 3070

Windows 11 - fresh install, fully update as of today

I have put more details of everything I've tried and there are others reporting the same problem over on Reddit (link)

Top Bottom