Platform Discussion Thread

+

Which API do you think CP 2077 will use?

• Total voters
Only difference between my rig as it stands now and how it'll probably be when 2077 releases is the video card - I plan to upgrade to a 1080 Ti to future-proof it a bit better, but video card prices are through the roof right now so that's not happening till next month.

GPU prices are actually going to drop the next months, and i am probably going to upgrade to 1660 ti

Since all the gaming computers ive looked at are dumb expensive, I think ill just stick to an Xbox.

Plus I prefer a controller over keyboard and mouse.

Edit: if anyone has any suggestions for a gaming computer, I'm open to them. I was looking at the Alienware Area 51. I dont know much about the technical stuff, but it seemed pretty good. (Pretty expensive, too.)

Also, please dont say build your own. I'm dumb as fuck and wouldnt ever be able to solder all the pieces where they need to go and get everything wired right.

Last edited:
GPU prices are actually going to drop the next months, and i am probably going to upgrade to 1660 ti

Nice! I upgraded to a 1080 Ti some months ago, actually, so that post is a bit outdated now. Very happy with it. 1660Ti also looks like a good card, and props to Nvidia for making it and not just leaving budget-oriented folks out in the cold as they did for months following the launch of RTX.

Since all the gaming computers ive looked at are dumb expensive, I think ill just stick to an Xbox.

Plus I prefer a controller over keyboard and mouse.

Edit: if anyone has any suggestions for a gaming computer, I'm open to them. I was looking at the Alienware Area 51. I dont know much about the technical stuff, but it seemed pretty good. (Pretty expensive, too.)

Also, please dont say build your own. I'm dumb as fuck and wouldnt ever be able to solder all the pieces where they need to go and get everything wired right.

You don't have to solder anything when building a PC, it's just plug and play. Lots of easy to follow guides out there to get you started. People make it seem way more complicated than it is, really. But I also understand if it's just not something you're interested in doing.

Regarding pre-built machines, I may have a couple suggestions. Main question is, do you have your own monitor and peripherals?

No, I don't have anything. All I've got is my laptop that I use for everyday use.

I mean, I'm open to trying to build a computer. I'm only hesitant to start because last time I tried to build a computer, I got a blue screen when starting it up and it made some weird grinding noise. That was almost a thousand dollars down the drain.

I'm open to any advice you want to give though, whether its on building a PC or buying a pre-built one.

You might want to consider a store that has to option of assembling your custom parts and that does some tests on it. At least that way you know you get them in working order.

I only have a PC, so...
Actually I'm waiting for some info on system requirements, so I can upgrade my gpu. I doubt, that I will fully enjoy it on my RX580.

Is that something that happens often with the PS4 specifically? Genuine question.
No, not really. But Sony did create a new censorship policy at the end of last year directed at some games (mostly involving sexualized characters of questionable ages). Although I've heard in the last couple days some nudity in Devil May Cry V got censored on PS4 too.

Yeah, I wasn't scared at all before the DMC V case, since it had been strictly related to japanese pedo-ish stuff, but now... The demo already had frontal nudity, sony MUST NOT fuck this up.

Man if Sony goes down that path i wont buy PS5 i`ll go the X Box way and that hurts just saying it, i have bought all the PS consoles.

I have a PS4 and a PC, I'll be playing on the PC though, because while I'd love to play it all comfy on the couch I have little ones running around and if I am in my office on my PC I don't need to explain some of the more mature elements of CP2077.

I only have a PC, so...
Actually I'm waiting for some info on system requirements, so I can upgrade my gpu. I doubt, that I will fully enjoy it on my RX580.

You will, don't worry. I have an RX 570 and I doubt I'll have any problems running the game on high. They will optimize the game well enough.

I own a still decent (but slowly aging) PC and a PS4 Pro.
I voted for PC (as I will always do when given a choice) and frankly it's not even a contest as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom