Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started to fool around in Tribes:Ascend beta, quite enjoyable so far.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BuNy9v16uYE[/media]

NotSlimgrin said:
Can't say Alan Wake interests me in the least. Looks like a throwaway TV show plot.

If I'm going with horror, the hint from Friction studios is what get's me interested. These guys know how to make a man piddle his knickers.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/335653/amnesia-the-dark-descent-sequel-teased/

Ah, Amnesia. :)

Now that was a game that scared the living crap outta me. One of the few games were I actually screamed out loud out of pure fear.

Lights out, headphones on. Enjoy the ride, but make sure you have some spare underpants in the vicinity.

secondchildren said:
Can't believe that Im' playing Plants vs Zombies. But it's damnly funny
I LOVE Plants vs. Zombies. It's a great game for when you only have 5 minutes free, since you can play a whole level in that time. The game art is adorable, and some of the kinds of zombies they've come up with are really creative. Plus, it's superbly well balanced. The siren rings, and I think that I'm not ready, but then, just as the zombie gets in range, I get enough sun for the plant I need. And I adore the music video at the end. I go around the house singing, "There's a zombie on your laawwn."

I think it's cool that such a fun game -- and such a big success -- was made by FOUR people.

I'm not ready for Amnesia yet, so I'm playing Alan Wake and it's not bad. : ) It's no horror game, I'd call it a shadow dude shooter and it's also like a playable TV series thanks to those slightly annoying "previously on Alan Wake" bits. I play it mostly for its atmosphere and I really enjoy collecting the pages of Alan's unwritten novel, I just wish those shady tree cutter dudes would let me explore the forest in peace. :D

Just say it's a good game. No need to pick flaws just to please the sanctimonious crowd. ;) About Amnesia, it's a cute little game, very oldschool,sort of reminds me of Clive Barker's Undying, Eternal Darkness (for Gamecube, a lost gem, gotta check if i still have it somewhere) and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Damn, now you made me remember how great gaming used to be before the last generation of consoles took over

I'm playing Assassins Creed Revelations at the moment. What can I say? Its the same old stuff, just in a different city and faster (hookblade ftw!). The graphics are pretty good, especially clothing. I hate the slow-mo assassinations though.

I'm in love with Rage :3

It's honestly the most fun I've had in a first person shooter game since Crysis 1. And there's just so much diversity. It's like a mix of FPS, racing games and RPGs. And it works brilliantly.

I recommend at least trying the game.

siklara said:
I'm not ready for Amnesia yet, so I'm playing Alan Wake and it's not bad. : ) It's no horror game, I'd call it a shadow dude shooter and it's also like a playable TV series thanks to those slightly annoying "previously on Alan Wake" bits. I play it mostly for its atmosphere and I really enjoy collecting the pages of Alan's unwritten novel, I just wish those shady tree cutter dudes would let me explore the forest in peace. :D

Rule of Rose is a great game (very nice, luxurious manual too, as I remember). Though I liked Haunting Ground a lot better (kind of a similar theme, simitar console...). If you get passed the blatant fan service for the 12-14 year old male crowd, it's an awesome game.
Unlike Rule of Rose, which goes very much the arcade way as gameplay goes, HG's gameplay is rooted in the story: You alone being chased in the haunted house, no weapons, only a trusty dog to help you... Very neat.

I think I'll get Alan Wake as well. Love old-school horror movies and their themes.

Btw. Has anyone played Anno 1404?

I've taken an interest in city builder games and I've heard the game's pretty addicting.

JackintheGreen said:
Rule of Rose is a great game (very nice, luxurious manual too, as I remember). Though I liked Haunting Ground a lot better (kind of a similar theme, simitar console...). If you get passed the blatant fan service for the 12-14 year old male crowd, it's an awesome game.
Unlike Rule of Rose, which goes very much the arcade way as gameplay goes, HG's gameplay is rooted in the story: You alone being chased in the haunted house, no weapons, only a trusy dog to help you... Very neat.
Uhh, Haunting Ground... I tried so hard to like that game, I even endured the constant sight of those ridiculously enormous, dangling tits, but after defeating the second chaser I simply gave up. It's a pretty good game with beautiful graphics, but the gameplay is too frustrating to me; the chasing is not scary, but damn annoying after a while and some of the puzzles don't make any sense. I liked the Italian setting, the Belli Castle in the middle of nowhere was the perfect place to play tag with a bunch of demented inhabitants, but Riccardo was too much. His chase "music"... What the hell??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp4Y9EpVzz8
This noise got to me, I had to stop playing.

And let's not forget Daniella's crazy laughters, this game is a bit too disturbing for my taste. :p I'll probably finish it in the summer because I want to know how Fiona's story ends.

JackintheGreen said:
There are several endings, that's the cool part... You can really fuck it up, or you can save yourself, and there are a couple in-betweens...
Thanks for reminding me of this. :) I loved the early game overs too, that room with the dolls was priceless. :p

Corylea said:
I LOVE Plants vs. Zombies. It's a great game for when you only have 5 minutes free, since you can play a whole level in that time. The game art is adorable, and some of the kinds of zombies they've come up with are really creative.

Yes absolutly! Definitely that cartoonish style is brilliant and most of the time I play just to see what kind of frekie zombie I'm about to meet :D

Plus, it's superbly well balanced. The siren rings, and I think that I'm not ready, but then, just as the zombie gets in range, I get enough sun for the plant I need. And I adore the music video at the end. I go around the house singing, "There's a zombie on your laawwn."
LOL :D
I'm still in the first levels and like you said, I play when I have 5 min and want relax.
Today, I wake up in a terrible mood, but then I played for a while and I started to laugh so loudly! Disco Stu-zombie made my day!
I must be greatful to Plants vs Zombies's devs, it seems. When a game can turn your day, probably it's the best achievement for its creators :)

I think it's cool that such a fun game -- and such a big success -- was made by FOUR people.
Really? Wow...!
Well the game itself seems pretty simple, I mean it's the same sort of flash games. But it's great, genial, funny, cute in the art style... and I love make the zombies blow up LOL!

to Plants vs Zombies dev team!

I just played Hard Reset "Survival" mode. It's a lot more brutal than the game itself and so much fun!

I love a game that gives me choices. My first (incomplete) run with Dues Ex: HR, I talked Zeke Sanders out of violence. My second run? I thought about it: he was a terrorist, a foolish one at that. He put many lives at risk. He had a hostage. I could let him go, or let her die and put a stop to his foolishness.

I'm a ruthless bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom