Playing W3 > W2 > W3

+
Playing W3 > W2 > W3

I'm just wondering, i've completed Witcher 3 (just doing HoS expansion currently) and have just downloaded Witcher 2 as it's backward compatible on Xbox now...

My question - The choices you make in Witcher 2, how greatly do they impact your gameplay in Witcher 3? Do they hold any significance? Do they affect anything you do, choices you can make which can ultimately affect certain areas of the game that would be untouched if you hadn't previously completed Witcher 2?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'd like the idea of completing Witcher 2 if any decision I make actually has an impact on Witcher 3.

Tattoo if you're silly enough not to remove it in TW2.
A letter from the 2 dudes you met in Flotsam, found in the Oxenfurt Academy's courtyard.

Maybe one or two really minor dialogue lines.

That's it, basically. The rest you can do by the "simulate choices from TW2" at the start of TW3.

I also had some weird instability issues with TW3 when I played a TW1->imported to TW2->imported to TW3 playthrough, and had to make really sure that no other program was running in the background. Else it would crash all the time during dialogues. Now that I simulated a TW2 again, I can have two webbrowsers and an openoffice spreadsheet or more and a chat program up and running in the background and no crashes. Won't vouch for any correlations though.

Last edited:
The whole effect of Witcher 2 on Witcher 3 is rather small. As @Lytha said not using the simulater has only minor impact.
Overall it mostly influences some dialogues. You can save two characters so that you see them in Witcher 3 again. And there is an extra quest you can get in the game, as well as another character that can help you in the battle of Kaer Morhen (Not that it would have any real impact)

So not that much.

But Witcher 2 is a very good game with an awesome story. The decission you make there matter at least for the game and some have a really great impact. So have fun :)

Thanks guys! I'll be playing through TW2 anyway as it seems like a great game and the story itself is quite interesting, I guess I'll just use the decisions I make for the minor impacts as i'm going to run through TW3 again when i've completed HoS to make different decisions than what i've already made.

I will probably just go for the simulation of a TW2 save game in my own future, myself. The result of "Aryan dead" is quite amusing to see in TW3, but I wouldn't want to play TW2 without the "strong back" bonus just to see Molly's different fate if or when I then import that save into TW3.

Crafting materials in TW2 do have a weight after all. ;)

I'm just wondering, i've completed Witcher 3 (just doing HoS expansion currently) and have just downloaded Witcher 2 as it's backward compatible on Xbox now...

My question - The choices you make in Witcher 2, how greatly do they impact your gameplay in Witcher 3? Do they hold any significance? Do they affect anything you do, choices you can make which can ultimately affect certain areas of the game that would be untouched if you hadn't previously completed Witcher 2?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'd like the idea of completing Witcher 2 if any decision I make actually has an impact on Witcher 3.

No, there is no impact. The save import in TW3 was a fake. The only thing you will see will be some different dialogue. Not much more

Last edited:

Most of them have only minor consequences (like slightly different dialogues), with the exception of
not killing Letho at the end of the game
that gives you an additional quest in TW3 and some (probably unneeded) help at the battle of Kaer Morhen.

Tattoo if you're silly enough not to remove it in TW2.

Does that work with X1? My Witcher 2 was played with 360 and now I'm playing Witcher 3 with PS4, so that tattoo is not an option for me.

And yes,
Letho being in Witcher 3 or not
is the biggest thing you can get out of those imports or simulates.

No idea, @Sunsibar. I play on PC, and I always remove the tattoo in TW2 as quickly as I can. ;)

About your spoiler: Well, you can have that easier with the simulation of decisions option at the start of TW3 (let Voorhis ask you questions about your decisions in TW2).

Top Bottom