Playstation 4 Framerate topic (2,0)

+
They said they are working on the next patch. For god sake how many patches does this game need to be fully playable? Damm. And to think they said they released dy one patch not because they needed to but because they wanted to give us the best experience. Sure. 7 patches later and still some serius problems persist

every new patch fixed bugs but introduced other problems, the best patch imo was the day 1 release version

I have deleted Witcher 3 from my PS4, including all saves. When this game is finally polished 3-5 months from now, I shall install and play it from scratch. Considering the amount of bile in these threads, that is what I would recommend to you guys as well. It might keep you from developing stomach ulcers.

I have deleted Witcher 3 from my PS4, including all saves. When this game is finally polished 3-5 months from now, I shall install and play it from scratch. Considering the amount of bile in these threads, that is what I would recommend to you guys as well. It might keep you from developing stomach ulcers.

Doing this will have only one effect : framerate problems on PS4 will be burried, and eventual new buyers completely ignorant about this will be trapped with an unfinished product, as we are. Is this really what you want ?

Yeah, that is what I want, you got me.

We are not talking about an obscure cospiracy where CDPR is trying to silence all reports of framerate related issues. They know, and by now the players know and the press "knows" as well. If the game cannot be fixed, CDPR's reputation will be even more marred, customers will sell their used games and their income will steadily decline.

Don't get me wrong, though. I am all for revealing and discussing this product's shortcomings, but one should do that in a civil tone. Everything else makes you appear or unmasks you as children.

Last edited:
I have deleted Witcher 3 from my PS4, including all saves. When this game is finally polished 3-5 months from now, I shall install and play it from scratch.

Yeah, that's what I've done too. In the meantime I'm just going to keep an eye on the latest patches and their reception.

Perhaps we have to get used to framerate issues. And also to the thing that CDPR will never fix it properly. And never admits it. So calm down guys, 2 months have passed and it is still not solved. And it is very doubtfull they'll make it right.

Momot tweeted that they won't be lowering it to 900p so either they're working on a performance fix or they're just going to leave it as it is.

Well one can only hope that the next patch will be focused on the performance

---------- Updated at 03:27 PM ----------

Hey guys. Here are some official responses from Marcin regarding the patch 1.07 and the new patch that they are current working on.

Attachments

• witcher 3.png
    witcher 3.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    85 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 36
They are gonna try to fix this and it will obviosuly be better then before. Perhaps 29-31fps? ;)

I have faith in these fine people just give them som time.

They are gonna try to fix this and it will obviosuly be better then before. Perhaps 29-31fps? ;)

I have faith in these fine people just give them som time.

Try to fix? Absolutely. Will they? Probably not. What should they do? Admit they can't, the consoles are trash, or they don't know how to optimize for the PS4. No game is perfect, and technically speaking Witcher 3 is close to a masterpiece as far as RPG's and Open World goes. Performance wise? The games is terrible, and 20FPS is UNACCEPTABLE. Do I expect 30FPS 100% of the time? No, I don't even get that when gaming on my PC - Though I don't expect it to drop 20FPS which is unplayable.

You're right it is unacceptable in this day and age but at the same time i'm extremly thankful that they even ported the game to PS4 all things considered. Time will tell. :D

Hey guys. Here are some official responses from Marcin regarding the patch 1.07 and the new patch that they are current working on.

I've got to hand it to Marcin, he doesn't loose his cool, and remains professional with all the messages he receives. I'm sympathetic to PS4 and Xbox players too though as everyone is just tired of the performance issues remaining at this point in time.

Hopefully Marcin is telling the truth this time, and that the frame rate issue is finally solved. It's been too long now, I have the worst frame rate stutters on the south East region of main island of Skellige, the game literally runs at stop motion every two seconds, it's unplayable at the moment.
We've been patient enough with their so called 'fixes' if 1.08 doesn't solve the problem then I will lose faith in CDPR and will never purchase any future releases.

Well one can only hope that the next patch will be focused on the performance

---------- Updated at 03:27 PM ----------

Lol, that first message though! I'm surprised he could've stayed that professional after it all. But yeah, I'm afraid they wont fix the frames in 1.08 I think. I'd wager only about 2 or 3 more patches after 1.08 will we see improvements. But hay, I could be wrong and I really hope I am because the game is very fun, just not in its current state.

Those replies from Marcin are giving me hope. I hope patch 1.08 doesn't disappoint also. At least revert the X1 version back to how it was before so I can buy that version instead.

Lol, that first message though! I'm surprised he could've stayed that professional after it all. But yeah, I'm afraid they wont fix the frames in 1.08 I think. I'd wager only about 2 or 3 more patches after 1.08 will we see improvements. But hay, I could be wrong and I really hope I am because the game is very fun, just not in its current state.

Did i said anything that wasn't true? Its pretty bad that a game that's 2 months old still has this kinds of problems.

Did i said anything that wasn't true? Its pretty bad that a game that's 2 months old still has this kinds of problems.

No, no you didn't good Sir , it was all true:) I just read the patch notes for 1.08,

• Overall improvements to performance, including some issues that may have been caused by 1.07.

Notice the word "some" in that sentence,lol. It worries me.

Top Bottom