Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree, it fking pisses me off too, Sony should have proper qa that makes sure all games run at least 30 fps or cannot be released, I mean it's hardly making ps4 look good, how can they have 1080 p if it doesn't run rite, this gens been a disaster so far

Xbox version holds a near perfect 30fps since 1.04, even in the swamps now, it never dips!
Can't understand so much disparity... u want to play TW3 on consoles?
Buy an xbox!

I don't think that framerates between 20-30 are that much of a problem since this does not happen constantly but in some occations. Well, to me it happens only a few times while playing.

What bothers me much more is, that sometimes particle effects don't appear visually. For instance, sometimes if I cast a trap it _is_ there, but I can't see the exact position to pull a mob into it. Much worse in the swamps of Velen I often can't see the poisonous fog. And that's a real killer ;)

There are not framerates between 20-30, that's one of the problems. It goes down from 30 to 20, and it remains constant at this horrendous number. I did the "three witches" mission a few days ago, it had deplorably bad performance. Excellent storyline, writing and telling mission. Incredible BAD immersion, destroyed combats, my f****** god. This is so sad. I put the game on hold immediately after playing that mission. I really pray to CDPR to fix these things.

There are not framerates between 20-30, that's one of the problems. It goes down from 30 to 20, and it remains constant at this horrendous number. I did the "three witches" mission a few days ago, it had deplorably bad performance. Excellent storyline, writing and telling mission. Incredible BAD immersion, destroyed combats, my f****** god. This is so sad. I put the game on hold immediately after playing that mission. I really pray to CDPR to fix these things.
I finished that quest yesterday. Maybe I'm not that sensitive about lower framerates, but the only time I recognized lower framerates was in the talking sequence at the end of the quest, when the white mist was in the background. The fights around the big tree all looked good to me. Except the missing particle effects...

@greymarIn the talking sequence? Really? Any combat against the monsters IN the water has 20fps. Without speaking about fog, rain, etc... which is horrible. There are plenty of videos showing that. Moreover, in that quest you combat too much in the swamp water. So it's impossible, really impossible, not to note it. If this is your case, congrats dude. I wish I would have your lack of sensitivity.

Last edited:
@greymarIn the talking sequence? Really? Any combat against the monsters IN the water has 20fps. Without speaking about fog, rain, etc... which is horrible. There are plenty of videos showing that. Moreover, in that quest you combat too much in the swamp water. So it's impossible, really impossible, not to note it. If this is your case, congrats dude. I wish I would have your lack of sensitivity.
:D I guess this results from playing with a horrible PC setup over the past years where playing with nearly lowest settings was quite normal to me.
If I recall right, there really have been some framerate drops on the path to the tree fighting against those swamp humanoids. I guess you're right about that. The talking sequence was the only thing about framerates that I could not forget instantly.

Just for curiosity, maybe i suffer from the same problem as greymar and others, this vid is intended to show an "awful performance scenario", but sincerely i can't see any issue, nor walking neither fighting.
Could someone explain where the performance issue should be in this video and, if possibile, how to recognize it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui7-aFer74w

Just for curiosity, maybe i suffer from the same problem as greymar and others, this vid is intended to show an "awful performance scenario", but sincerely i can't see any issue, nor walking neither fighting.
Could someone explain where the performance issue should be in this video and, if possibile, how to recognize it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui7-aFer74w

Just the beginning of that video is running at 20 fps (maximum). Take into account that the camera is moving slowly, the effect is more obvious with faster movement. If you don't see it, or don't note it, or it doesn't bother you, then be happy. You're a rare human specimen.

Just the beginning of that video is running at 20 fps (maximum). .
How do you recognize it? Is there a visual sign? I remember from old days when some games got to run as it was in slow motion, or stutter, but in this vid i personally can't find any sign of issue, is there a way to notice it?

How do you recognize it? Is there a visual sign? I remember from old days when some games got to run as it was in slow motion, or stutter, but in this vid i personally can't find any sign of issue, is there a way to notice it?

I guess some people really don't notice the difference... But here is a video that proves the framerate drops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsuRm7gA3eU

You can clearly notice the framedrops in the video.

I guess some people really don't notice the difference... But here is a video that proves the framerate drops:

Hm. I see the numbers, I see that the animations are not that smooth anymore. But this is nothing that would make me stop playing. It just does not bother me that much.

I just wanted to clarify, that there are (some) players that don't care about the framerates -- to show another point of view.

I can understand, that this bothers others more - like I could easily switch to rage mode if I hear someone chew a meal beside me and everything else is silent. If you know what I mean ;)

Yeah I'm not arguing nor evading evidences, i was just asking myself what makes that situation unplayable.
For example i got a vertical frame drop on Strider during a background downloading, and the game was really unplayable because all things on screen moved as they were in stop motion.
But in this case i can't find anything that made me think "impossible to go further", so i was wondering if there were somethings to look at specifically in order to notice frame drops (eg: animations, screen borders...) because i see no differences with a perfect stable The Order 1886, while I can admit the buttery smoothness of Infamous.
Maybe is something you don't see with eyes but feel with hands on pad?

Last edited:
The PS4 definitely has framerate issues, particularly with water and fog in combat. It makes the game significantly more challenging than the PC version.

I have beaten the game on PC and played the PS4 version a bit. No contest which is better.

The most irritating thing to me is why CDPR doesnt respond to this issue about fps on PS4!
There are countless of topics about this issue alone on this forum, not to mention other ones.
Dont we deserve a respond to this as paying customers?
Are you working on this? Just tell us if there are problems and it could take longer.
Or tell us that frames will stay as is so we can start looking for a high end pc.

But for gods sake, just tell us at least SOMETHING about this.

I never had any framedrops in Novigrad (patch 1.02/1,03)
But now on patch 1.04 the framerate is really annoying.

Also on the skellige isles, when i'm goin through the mist while on a boat, it really drops down, don't know how much but it's almost a dia show.
Don't know if that was oke on the previous patches, as i didn't get to Skellige in that time.

speaking only for myself. i waited a long time for next gen to come. mainly hoping for graphics and performance closer to pc. people were thinking that this gen was going to be 1080p 60fps. the 2 real next gen games this and ac unity really perform under my expectations at least. if like me you waited for this gen hoping for top tier experiences i honestly suggest getting a gaming pc if you can afford it. which is exactly what i am doing. ive shelved this game on ps4 hoping the devs will sort the fps out. but i did the same with unity and the performance was never sorted so i missed out on playing it. im not going to blame devs anymore for dodgy console performance. there will always be issues as games get bigger more complex and unrealistic dev schedules. they just havent got time to fully optimise games on the consoles.

speaking only for myself. i waited a long time for next gen to come. mainly hoping for graphics and performance closer to pc. people were thinking that this gen was going to be 1080p 60fps. the 2 real next gen games this and ac unity really perform under my expectations at least. if like me you waited for this gen hoping for top tier experiences i honestly suggest getting a gaming pc if you can afford it. which is exactly what i am doing. ive shelved this game on ps4 hoping the devs will sort the fps out. but i did the same with unity and the performance was never sorted so i missed out on playing it. im not going to blame devs anymore for dodgy console performance. there will always be issues as games get bigger more complex and unrealistic dev schedules. they just havent got time to fully optimise games on the consoles.

"speaking only for my self"

No you're not, since you're writing in this thread and mentioning people in plural.

Reading comprehension goes a long way. We expected 30 fps not 20 dips.....

Don't know anyone who expected 1080/60fps on a modified 7850 (ps4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom