Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not out in Sweden either.

Tried making a USA account but that didn't work either. Gonna assume the OS checks a flag when the game is searching for updates hence why it's not working for me.

So, after testing 1.07... Velen swamps are still largely sub 30 fps, even lower when fighting, and Novigrad as night is a crawl-fest.
Why all the lies to PS4 users, CDPR, why ????

Nah still lag for me also some areas are even worse with 1.07. This is clear that there will never be a fix for this and any new patches that come out that has so called performance fixes is complete BS

Your never going to get ps4 framerate fixed without a downgrade the gpu is at it's limits they will be forced to downgrade it to 900p.

epic fail !!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Updated at 10:39 PM ----------

Your never going to get ps4 framerate fixed without a downgrade the gpu is at it's limits they will be forced to downgrade it to 900p.

Then why does batman run flawlessly ? and with better grapichs than pc ? and stable fps ?

like i have said a 1000 times it's not about the console it's the developers ? and frankly they suck at making playstation games.

lol really the patch dident fix the performance ooooh my god .....................

It is very simple : game can't be improved towards stable 30 fps without graphic downgrade on PS4. CDPR knows this, and knew this of course prior to release. But graphics are selling, and fps drop don't really hurt marketing campaign, so the choice is easy.
They keep saying they will fix this, for ps4 users to continue eventually buying this game, on false advertisement, as we all did.
Mates, see for yourself on the swamps and in novigrad, they absolutely didn't improve framerate, unlike they promised. And spread the word about all those lies, that's all we can do at the moment.

Then why does batman run flawlessly ? and with better grapichs than pc ? and stable fps ?

like i have said a 1000 times it's not about the console it's the developers ? and frankly they suck at making playstation games.

Batman uses a different engine and has far less npc textures, variations of land mass, weather effects etc etc

I am happy with my PS4 CE copy, its not perfect but least I can relax on the couch comfortably and enjoy the Witcher 3 all the while not isolating myself from my friends and family members haha I got the PC version and its so good. Plus I have access to mods which is really nice, not to mention it looks and plays better than console. 30fps is 30fps and won't look spectacular unfortunately. I appreciate that the PS4 runs the game pretty damn good considering and with a higher resolution than the other console. Really happy with the game (PC/PS4) and CDPR personally.

I understand that a 400 dollar console can't play huge games like Witcher 3 with the massive amount of graphics and have high performance too. It won't be just the Witcher 3 but every game that has alot going on graphically will have hiccups on these under powered next gen consoles. It is what is is. Its not CDPRs fault, if theres blame to be had, blame the console makers for making cheap consoles to sell more of them. When the PS3 dropped, I spent over 900 for a 80GB console (lol) and it was just as good as the current PC's back then. You can't say the same today about these new consoles.

If fps is a real problem for those sensitive to it, its really a no brainer that console is a poor choice to game on since this will be a recurring issue for upcoming games. PC is the way to go for higher fps, graphics and overall performance. I love console for socializing and comfort, though, understand at the same time that it has serious limitations as far as performance goes. Im totally ok with that because the positives outweigh the negatives for me. Anyways, just wanted to state my opinion and am not trying to offend anyone. Have a nice day. Farewell.

-Zero

I am happy with my PS4 CE copy, its not perfect but least I can relax on the couch comfortably and enjoy the Witcher 3 all the while not isolating myself from my friends and family members haha I got the PC version and its so good. Plus I have access to mods which is really nice, not to mention it looks and plays better than console. 30fps is 30fps and won't look spectacular unfortunately. I appreciate that the PS4 runs the game pretty damn good considering and with a higher resolution than the other console. Really happy with the game (PC/PS4) and CDPR personally.

I understand that a 400 dollar console can't play huge games like Witcher 3 with the massive amount of graphics and have high performance too. It won't be just the Witcher 3 but every game that has alot going on graphically will have hiccups on these under powered next gen consoles. It is what is is. Its not CDPRs fault, if theres blame to be had, blame the console makers for making cheap consoles to sell more of them. When the PS3 dropped, I spent over 900 for a 80GB console (lol) and it was just as good as the current PC's back then. You can't say the same today about these new consoles.

If fps is a real problem for those sensitive to it, its really a no brainer that console is a poor choice to game on since this will be a recurring issue for upcoming games. PC is the way to go for higher fps, graphics and overall performance. I love console for socializing and comfort, though, understand at the same time that it has serious limitations as far as performance goes. Im totally ok with that because the positives outweigh the negatives for me. Anyways, just wanted to state my opinion and am not trying to offend anyone. Have a nice day. Farewell.

-Zero

The vast majority of PS4 AAA games have a stable framerate, 30 fps or 60 fps. Only AAA title missing this requirement was AC Unity, and since its launch it was vastly improved in this area.

So are these motion blur settings supposed to help framerate by turning then off. I did and not sure if this patch helped at all. It still doesn't run that great. I stopped building game pc's tests ago cuz bugginess and the huge difference between performance depending on hard ware and the game was a pain. Consoles used to = stability. It's a shame they don't in the least anymore.

I hope that atleast this patch dont ruin the Xbox one framerate.Going to sell my still unopen PS4 copy and get the game for my Xbox one.Really dont get the reason some developers keep pushing games to 1080p on the PS4 if they cant even achieve atleast 30fps lock!Just make avaiable the option to lower the resolution.Still going to wait for DF or Gamersyde test

Last edited:
epic fail !!!!!!!!!!!!!

batman does not run flawlessly. it runs really well by comparison to a lot of other games with a lot of fancy graphics, but not flawlessly. there is plenty of video evidence documenting that it drops frames pretty regularly while driving the batmobile on ps4. but i would agree that it is an overall very stable game as far as consoles go. (i own it on ps4, and the witcher 3 on pc). also, to say "with better graphics than pc" doesn't mean much, because the pc version was just flat out broken enough to get pulled off shelves and delayed for months. and in fact it still isn't even "worse" on pc, it's literally the same but with some features broken (some of which have already been fixed for people who already own the game, like ambient occlusion, rain textures e.g.). nevertheless, people with decent rigs are running that game with almost the exact graphical experience on pc as on the ps4--albeit also capped at 30 fps--except the game doesn't drop as many frames on a beast pc. it is still the case that something with a stronger cpu and gpu can run something faster than something with a weaker cpu and gpu, with the one main exception that the software can be garbage for a particular setup. when they fix that game for pc, people with good pcs will be able to run that game at probably double the framerates--and likely a graphcial enhancement or 2, given the history of even crappy ports (ubisoft is a good example). but no, arkham knight is not some magical phenomenon that proves that a ~$300 machine can somehow be as powerful as a $2k machine. yes, the software matters, but so does the hardware.

also, the witcher 3 has different technical / performance challenges than that game. i mean, it's a very different game. rendering a bunch of buildings has also been less demanding than rendering a bunch of trees, to give one simple example. still, you might be right in arguing that cdpr just haven't done a very good job optimizing the game for the console. honestly, they should just think about downgrading the resolution until it drops far less frames. it's just unfortunate that games that are being made have been too technically demanding for the current consoles for a while now. i mean, look at gta 5 and the last of us. they dropped frames like CRAZY on the last generation of consoles. the latter was in the low 20s almost constantly.

i think it's clear that developers are just trying to shove too much eye candy into these games, and the cost is the loss of stable framerates. i'm not sure it's going to get any better. i mean, look at bethesda. oblivion came out at the beginning of the last generation of consoles, and it ran like garbage. skyrim came out at the end of last generation of consoles, looked way better and ran like garbage. a constant 30 fps is sacrifice enough...but a game that almost constantly drops from 30? no thanks, no matter how good the graphics. just my preference, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom