So with the new update, Nilfgaard got two cards with the Poison mechanic. Those are Rot Tosser and Fangs of the Empire. I made variations of this deck and used it countless of times and came to a conclusion: Rot Tosser still sucks. In general, poison in NG is hard to set up because of many different variables. First of all, you always need TWO poison cards in hand (Unless you use Emhyr on Fangs) to get any value. Rot Tosser is almost always countered. Both cards offer very little tempo. In one of the decks, I changed Rot Tosser for Devil's Puffball and it works better but it suffers from low tempo as well. After enough games, I think poison should be something that Nilfgaard should have as a full-fledged archetype because it makes sense. I know ST has it as well and that's okay. Anyhow, to support this archetype without adding new cards...Also, assume all major changes received proper balancing of Strength and/or Provisions.
Changes I'd Like To See:
Changes I'd Like To See:
- Fangs of the Empire from 3 strength to 4.
- Rot Tosser strength from 3 to 4. Add a Deathwish to Cow Carcass that poisons the lowest enemy on the board.
- Changing Cadeverine to "Zeal. Damage an Enemy by 1 and Poison it. Charges: 1. Gain an extra charge if Auckes, Serrit or Letho are on the board." (Nobody plays this card and I think it's literally Poison.)
- Viper Witcher - Damage an enemy by 2. If that unit has poison, repeat deploy ability. Deathblow: Poison an adjacent Enemy. (It would also get rid of the broken ability it has.)
- Devil's Puffball, though Neutral, could also be changed to do 3 damage instead or lowering the cost of it because it only does 2 damage.
- Alchemist - Melee: Purify a unit. Ranged: Give Vitality to an Ally for 2 turns; double this amount if there is a unit with Poison. (The card sees no play honestly.)
- Magne Division - If an enemy has Poison, boost self every Allied turn. (Engine change because frankly, the current card is very awkward and is only used to fill up a deck.)
- Letho of Gulet - Deploy: Poison an enemy unit and self. If another Witcher is played, Purify Letho. (The locking and damaging part with Auckes and Serrit would stay.)
- Auckes - Adding Poison to the initial unit he locks.
- Serrit - Adding a Deathblow ability that poisons adjacent units.
- Usurper - Poison an Enemy unit and Give it Bleeding for 2 turns. Charges: 2. (I think changing his ability would be very wise. A lot of people dislike his ability.)
- Boost an Enemy by 2 and give it Poison. Deathblow: Boost self by 2. (Knight, Agent, Gold)
- Poison Dart - Deploy: Damage an Enemy unit by 2 and give it Poison. Order: Give an Enemy unit Bleeding if another unit on that side of the board has Poison. (Bronze, Artifact)
- Toxic Beverage - Boost an Ally unit by 6 and give it Poison. (This card's provisions would cost 5 because you're risking a tall unit with Poison; Bronze, Special.)
- Assassin - Damage a unit by three, if it survives, give it Poison. (Bronze)