Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does, I'm more surprised "Aiden Pearce" with that pic is saying so.
It's because I'm the Aiden Pearce from the awesome 2012 E3 demo that ran on a single 680 GTX and looked better than the current version of the game that is apparently more hardware demanding...knowing that I will still play the game.

I would honestly expect TW3 to have similar ultra demands and also for that new Batman game. It is always like this at the start of a new generation.

Well games that actually look like they will tax your system is a different thing but Watch_Dogs? I'd say if you're looking at that game you should wait and see how it really turns out to be performance wise.

Saving my tax rebates for a new computer for when this game comes out. Though I'll probably get a MBP (with bootcamp Windows) and not a tower gaming PC, need the MBP for work and don't feel like shelling out more money for both. The current MBP model maxed out has:

ntel Iris Pro Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching

I'm sure it will have upgraded within the next year and we don't know anything about the hardware requirements yet, but my current MBP is the early 2011 model with:

AMD Radeon HD 6490M, VRAM (total) 256 MB
Intel HD Graphics 3000, VRAM (total) 384 (built-in)

I could play TW2 on the lowest settings with an ice pack underneath to keep it cool for when I fought the Kayran, Draug or the dragon, but never got to experience the souped-up graphics I wanted. Definitely will love my play through of TW2 when I get a new computer whether it be MBP bootcamped or a gaming rig.

What are your guys' thoughts? Thanks.

I'd expect that (GT 750M) to be somewhere slightly above or close to the specified minimum, meaning it should play the game competently at reduced settings. With any laptop, heat is going to be an issue; figure on providing extra cooling for that new MBP too.

That's guesswork and extrapolation from what we know about how the current Red Engine works, of course. Nobody has made any reliable announcement regarding system requirements yet.

Thanks, might just hang onto my MBP and buy a gaming tower that I can upgrade in the future once the game comes out and just use my TV as a monitor.

Buying new hardwares

Hi!

I would like to ask for advice because I am going to renew my PC. I plant to buy to following hardwares:
video cad: GTX 770
processor: INTEL Core i5-4440 3.10GHz 1150 BOX
RAM: KINGSTON 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL11 KVR16LN11/8

I would like to know if this configuration will be able to run the witcher 3 with low or middle garfic settings.

Thank you in advance for your help.

How could anyone possibly know? The game ain't out yet...

edit: Also - you really think with that rig you wouldn't be able to run it at low or middle settings? What are you ppl expecting from that game? It will be running on consoles, for christ sake. What would be the point in making a beautiful game when only 5% of gamers have a PC strong enough to run it decently. Chill, you'll be fine. Although, the best advice would be to wait, maybe?

Last edited:
Some want to run it at max settings. My question was more aimed at, how are these specs in comparison for higher end machines and will bootcamp interfere with my graphics.

Also, even though there is no official resolution specs about the consoles, it is currently a wide belief that won't be running the game on 1080.

Small advice, don't judge a console's performance or a game engine's performance , by the resolution it's running at on console.

Resolution is very easy to change at any time without breaking the game, and is among the few visual/graphical options that affect performance evenly, regardles of the current load. There have been 2-3 games since launch of this generation of consoles, that have had resolution's raised by a day-one patch. This is precisely, because they couldn't hit performance targets and decided to lower the games res, to keep performance at a reasonable level. While the game went gold (physical discs were being made) they were working on a day-one patch, to raise performance and thus the resolution.

My point is, droping resolution is often the easy way out, and it's not an aqurate measurement of performance. Of neither hardware nor software. Altough there have been murmurs that for Xbox one, small size of the ESRAM is causing problems at high res. I spesificaly remember this as the explanation from Crytek, behind Ryse being 900p and using a post process AA solution instead of MSAA.

All you need is good motherboard, CPU, 2Gb videocard and about 8Gb Ram. And not very high price. For example Nvidia 750-780 is more than enough for now. That would be enough for this year and half of next , till new hardware get on sale. Dont waste all your moneys to regret when something more technical advanced and not supported by your system(Maxwells, DDR4 Ram )will arrive.

Last edited:
All you need is good motherboard, CPU, 2Gb videocard and about 8Gb Ram. And not very high price. For example Nvidia 750-780 is more than enough for now. That would be enough for this year and half of next , till new hardware get on sale. Dont waste all your moneys to regret when something more technical advanced and not supported by your system(Maxwells, DDR4 Ram )will arrive.

I don't see any reason right now why Maxwell wouldn't work with what he listed. DDR4 will also be very expensive for quite some time after it is launched, not to mention completely unnecessary for gaming for the time being.

Agreed.I just dont want anyone feel frustated from spending too much cash for upgrade his system. Haste leads to waste. Spend your money wisely and be patient. Price will get low. Plus i think optimization will be ok. Of course to play ubersampling youll need 2 videocards or Titan, but its the same like most of now or upcoming games, Titan Fall for example. So dont worry, your system will be fine.

Some want to run it at max settings. My question was more aimed at, how are these specs in comparison for higher end machines and will bootcamp interfere with my graphics.

Also, even though there is no official resolution specs about the consoles, it is currently a wide belief that won't be running the game on 1080.

Bootcamp does not play nice with switchable graphics. It will run on the discrete graphics chip only, and this will affect the time the laptop can operate on battery.

The 750M is somewhere around the minimum that is likely to be needed (again, this is my guess). It is a 967 MHz 384:32:16 chip, equal to a desktop GT 640. It is only a small fraction (1/3 to 1/4) of the performance you can get from a high-end desktop or even a high-end laptop. Sadly, that's the comparison to high-end machines.

1080p isn't likely on the Xbone. It's a stretch goal for the PS4, which looks like it will have enough GPU for it. I would be surprised if it couldn't do 1080p on the PS4, but there would be some compromises in the eye candy.

Last edited:
Just trying to get a feel for what I will be looking for. First purchase I'll make (after a phone, my touchscreen sometimes doesn't respond so I have to take the battery out to end a call) is a 4k TV. I know 4k is overkill because we don't sit close enough for it to have a real impact on resolution and can't detect the differences in resolution, but it does make a huge difference when using it for passive 3D. Went to BestBuy and looked at a passive 3D 1080 and saw the lines because the resolution is cut in half, but with a 4k the resolution is cut in half to the 1080 quality.

Here's a link to what I was talking about. Have most of my school loans paid off so now it's time for toys and am making a list of what I want. Want to play TW3 in an epic way.

http://www.cnet.com/news/4k-tvs-with-passive-3d-finally-a-good-use-for-all-those-pixels/

Last edited:
TW3 with all the eye candy on a 4k (3840x2160) screen is going to require a GPU of some amount of power that has yet to be determined, but is unlikely to be less than a pair of GTX 780Ti's in SLI. Probably a $3000 desktop if you build carefully. I'd definitely wait for the second-generation Maxwells; the power improvement in these may allow you to build something that will not double as a room heater in the winter.

Yeah, my plan now is to get to a new phone because my current one inserts a 6 when press 1, then I'll buy an Xbone. I'll hold off on a new TV and computer/gaming system till TW3 comes out. The problem with my MBP is that I cannot use the Redkit put out. Just trying to optimize with the least amount of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom