problem to start the game on windows 8.1

+
problem to start the game on windows 8.1

I could'nt lanch the game witcher 2 (installed patch 3.3 and 3.4)
I'm on x64, 16 g° ram, and nvidia gefoce 660 gtx sli, and windows 8.1 professionnal.

the error is : direct 3d 9 error

The gamewas working on windows 8, but not with 8.1

How did you get from Windows 8 to 8.1? Did you upgrade in place, reinstall, how?

The first thing I'd try is reinstalling DirectX 9. It may be necessary to reinstall using the redistributable pack instead of the Web installer. The Web installer sometimes gets confused when DirectX 11 is already installed. See http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Nakalus said:
I could'nt lanch the game witcher 2 (installed patch 3.3 and 3.4)
I'm on x64, 16 g° ram, and nvidia gefoce 660 gtx sli, and windows 8.1 professionnal.

the error is : direct 3d 9 error

The gamewas working on windows 8, but not with 8.1

Guy has a good suggestion...if you still can't get going, it might be as simple as you needing to reinstall the game after moving to 8.1. I recently did a UEFI install of 8.1 and had forgotten I hadn't reinstalled some software--your post spurred me to fire up W2 and lo and behold the launcher wouldn't run at all and the only way to run the game from the previous install directory was to go to the exe in the bin directory directly...! Then I realized I hadn't reinstalled. Soon as I did that the situation corrected.

Top Bottom