Question about Bugs in NG+

+
Question about Bugs in NG+

i usually see a LOT of people complaining about bugs in NG+
funny is, i see most people complain about bugs in the NG+ instead of the normal game
so my question is: is worth it to play it? i mean, if it's bugged as hell it would be bad
so i'm just curious how's it's situation

funny is, i see most people complain about bugs in the NG+ instead of the normal game
so my question is: is worth it to play it? i mean, if it's bugged as hell it would be bad

I fear, at the moment there are much more bugs in NG+ than in the normal game... :( But that's a long story... It begins with the first patch you need to play HoS. :( The wolf armor has dissappeared suddenly after that patch... :cry:
But back to your question: The levelcap is actual by level 100, so you can have the problem that you reach this level before the end of the game. The only bonus in my opinion is, that you can wear every armor you like, if you start the NG+ and you don't must search the recipes again. But normally I prefer the normal game. ;)

Last edited:
I've noticed almost no big bugs in NG+. I started at level 36, and just got to level 74 after completing Hearts of Stone. I play on the PS4.

I have done couple NG+. Ran into only a couple bugs just recently, merchants/inkeeps disappearing ( just meditate for a bit and they appear), then the Gwent card collector achievement not unlocking. Otherwise, you wouldn't know unless you tried and the bugs vary between updates, got a couple files above 80, mainly working on one now. I am on Xbox one btw.

I think I have seen most of my bugs in NG+, but nothing game breaking. Keeping all the old stuff covers that :p

There are also bugs in NG, so it doesn't make that much of a difference to me. During my five games I have seen several bugs, but every time those are different than last time. PS4.

I think I have seen most of my bugs in NG+, but nothing game breaking. Keeping all the old stuff covers that :p

There are also bugs in NG, so it doesn't make that much of a difference to me. During my five games I have seen several bugs, but every time those are different than last time. PS4.

You are right, but some armor bugs in NG+ can be really annoying... :( If you don't find a schema for example... :crybaby:

You are right, but some armor bugs in NG+ can be really annoying... :( If you don't find a schema for example... :crybaby:

Weirdest thing... That armor-not-in-chest seems to be very common bug but I haven't seen it once. Maybe that playthrough is still coming :D

---------- Updated at 04:06 PM ----------

Is that bug which killed you off right at the beginning of a NG+ still present?

I never heard about that ???

I'm in a NG+ deathmarch currently. Started it at lvl 52, currently I am lvl 64.

The only bug so far *knocks on wood* is that the crafting screen is a bit confused about the level requirements of the schematics. The level numbers on the left side of the screen are all wrong. But when I select them and look at the right side of the screen, the numbers are correct.

There were also 4 lvl 62 drowners near the Spoils of War in White Orchard, which I found not very amusing at all. But I don't know if they belong there in NG+s.

I've encountered most of my bugs in NG+, nothing game breaking, but just annoying, like side quests that are missing, some underwater drowners needing two bolts to die, the rock troll you fist fight is a redskull, the Ciri parts are too imbalanced imo. I don't think NG+ is really worth it to be honest, I think the regular playthough is much more satisfying.

is there any bug that stops you from doind any point of interest or even some quest?
i mean, is there any person in distress bugged? any equipment impossible to obtain (like that old bug about the bear armor in the castle)
is the wolf gear bugged in NG+?
to me, not getting the wolf gear is game breaking, because i just love that gear XD
but if ppl say there's nothing really gme breaking, and meditating fix somethings, then i'm relieved
thank you all :)

---------- Updated at 06:55 PM ----------

I've encountered most of my bugs in NG+, nothing game breaking, but just annoying, like side quests that are missing, some underwater drowners needing two bolts to die, the rock troll you fist fight is a redskull, the Ciri parts are too imbalanced imo. I don't think NG+ is really worth it to be honest, I think the regular playthough is much more satisfying.

side quests missing? damn, can you say which? because i love to do every single quest in the game
oh, and the 2 shot drowners are normal to me, i was playing the normal game at deathmarch and always needed 2 shots to kill them

to me, not getting the wolf gear is game breaking, because i just love that gear XD

To be honest I didn't check it personally because I don't like NG+ not as much as the "normal" game. But on this normally very trusthworthy page is written that the bug about wolf gear is solved actually... ;) Here the link https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/21/the-witcher-3-1-22-patch-fixes-a-few-weird-bugs/

---------- Updated at 09:18 PM ----------

@Malthazar666
Now I found randomly that thread... If you play on xbox there should still exist a wolf-gear-bug... :(
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/65150-Scavenger-Hunt-Wolf-School-Gear-(BROKEN-QUEST)/page2

Last edited:
To be honest I didn't check it personally because I don't like NG+ not as much as the "normal" game. But on this normally very trusthworthy page is written that the bug about wolf gear is solved actually... ;) Here the link https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/21/the-witcher-3-1-22-patch-fixes-a-few-weird-bugs/

---------- Updated at 09:18 PM ----------

@Malthazar666
Now I found randomly that thread... If you play on xbox there should still exist a wolf-gear-bug... :(
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/65150-Scavenger-Hunt-Wolf-School-Gear-(BROKEN-QUEST)/page2

well
from what i could see, the complain is about the bug in patch 1.21
and i'm playing the 1.22 in xbox one, so maybe they fixed
all i can do is pray XD

is there any bug that stops you from doind any point of interest or even some quest?
i mean, is there any person in distress bugged? any equipment impossible to obtain (like that old bug about the bear armor in the castle)
is the wolf gear bugged in NG+?
but if ppl say there's nothing really gme breaking, and meditating fix somethings, then i'm relieved
thank you all :)

---------- Updated at 06:55 PM ----------

side quests missing? damn, can you say which? because i love to do every single quest in the game
oh, and the 2 shot drowners are normal to me, i was playing the normal game at deathmarch and always needed 2 shots to kill them

The quests that are missing from my NG+ are "Bitter Harvest" "A walk along the waterfont" and "Here comes the groom" It doesn't seem to very common, and may only be particular to my game as I could find no other posts of players with similar bugs.

I wore the top end Wolf Gear for a long time, before replacing it with the Viper just today. No issues at all.

The quests that are missing from my NG+ are "Bitter Harvest" "A walk along the waterfont" and "Here comes the groom" It doesn't seem to very common, and may only be particular to my game as I could find no other posts of players with similar bugs.

i did "bitter harvest" right now, so i can confirm that it's working
here comes the groom, i need to see it yet

The only bug I've seen in NG+ that isn't present in NG is the aforementioned crafting menu level requirement one.
Well, and I suppose I'm not supposed to find both NG and NG+ versions of the Wolven gear diagrams, but that's what I find regardless. :p

Bitter Harvest and Walk along the Waterfront are quests that have to be done right when you approached that ! for the first time. If you just walk away, these quests stop being available - in Bitter Harvest, I suppose, the NPC gets eaten by ghouls; at the Waterfront, the bandits beat up the drug dealer.

Here comes the Groom is the witcher contract on Spikeroog, right? If that is missing in your game, it is weird.

Top Bottom