Random crashes

+
So i decided to replay whole trilogy i completed Witcher 1 again without problem but Witcher 2 have alot of random crashes mostly when when i enter locations, when dialogues/cutscene starts and when dialogues/cutscenes ends, when game loads next part of the location for example when you enter Flotsam forest from city or vice versa. So far i tried deleting most of older saves now i keep only 5-10 of them, i added Witcher 2 folder and Witcher 2 save folder to exclude list in antivirus, i used 4gb patch to allow Witcher 2 to use more than 2gb of RAM, i set GOG Galaxy and Witcher 2 to start as admin etc but it didnt help. Its very strange because these crashes are silent even Windows didnt detected them because there are no errors in event viewer.

The typical suggestions are collected here:

(you can also contact support directly by clicking on "contact us")

If some of your hardware is overclocked, that can cause crashes too.
Installing mods can also lead to crashes in some cases.

In some cases playing in Windowed Mode can also reduce crashes.

It's also recommended to disable all unneccessary apps before launching the game (especially apps with overlay) such as: GeForce Experience, Riva Tuner, MSI Afterburner, Fraps, Uplay, etc.

(additionally: disabling the GOG and Steam overlay feature might also be worth a try)

And well, not every GPU driver update works perfect for every game. In some cases older GPU driver versions might be more stable.

Thanks for answer i tried all of this except reducing OC because i dont have OC i completed it and it looks like crashes only happens in chapter 1 when game want to save before or after cutscene because crashes completly dissapeard in chapter 2 and 3. Strange because i played last time in 2018 and i didn't have any problem and except drivers and WIN10 version nothing changed in my PC.

Interesting, at least you managed to complete it, that's good.

Well, the game hasn't changed either since many years, so it sounds like the issues in chapter 1 really could be driver related for some reasons (either GPU or certain windows updates... no idea-..).

Top Bottom