Reasonable Expectations from future patch 1.3 (theoretical)

+
Driving in this game absolutely needs to be the very next and biggest thing they work on. I am running on a freshly reinstalled, vanilla version of the game that is patched to 1.2. Several issues need to be urgently addressed in this regard that have not been fixed:

• Traffic AI is still straight up broken. Shitloads of cars will just stop in the middle of the street for no reason. No traffic lights. No obstructions of any kind. Cars just fucking stop. Unacceptable. The worst instances of this are on uneven surfaces. It's like the traffic AI has no way to pathfind onto or off of ramps, hills or anything of that nature so it just stops. The only way to get it moving again is to ram into the back of the stopped vehicle and hope it gets them moving again. Every once in a while you can honk at them and that gets them going but mostly they are going to sit there until you bump them. Add to that the NUMEROUS places where the traffic pathing just runs right the fuck into barriers. And It can't figure out how to drive around actual barriers either.
  • The overexposure when driving in first person during the daytime is unbearable. The glare coming through the windshield is far greater than it realistically should be. It should be reduced by about 65%. I can see there being a little bit of glare in cars with glass windshields because of the light magnification and the RTX but even with it off it's still blindingly bright. And its even present in the super cars like the Caliburn and the Aerondight that have armored windows and broadcasted screens inside. Technically those cars should be absolutely immune to glare because there's not really any light leaking into the cabin.
  • There absolutely needs to be a way to adjust your seating position. In every car V sits with the seat pushed all the way back and all the way down and in most cars its impossible to see over the dashboard to even see the road. It's worse in some cars than others. The Galena, Quadra V-Tech and Johnny's Porsche are actually quite ok to drive but some of the others are impossible to drive.
  • The traffic does not adhere to street lights. The cars will just go whenever they feel like it, almost never when the light is green.
  • This one is nitpicky but it would really be nice if they added blinkers to traffic AI so you would know where traffic was fucking going. I like to actually role play this game and I drive around the city like I would if I actually lived there and it really takes me out of it when I get in a wreck from a car turning that I had no idea was going to until it runs into me like an asshole.
  • Almost none of the cars have visible headlights in first person. The Porsche is the only one that stands out as actually having working headlights in cockpit view. I have cycled through all of the headlight options in almost every vehicle and if the headlights are on, I can't see it and they make no difference.
  • Most cars really need to have their brakes and gear ratios adjusted. Driving around the city like a normal person results in basically always driving in first gear at around 6k rpms and in the case of the V-Tech, that engine is loud as fuck and since we can't drive manual to kick it over into second gear you just gotta ease off or speed up. And a lot of these cars take 3 or 4 days to stop. The Caliburn being a particularly egregious offender of this. Quite a few cars need better brakes.

I don't think this one is very likely to happen but would be a life saver for replayability for me and I think not INCREDIBLY hard to implement.
I replayed act I quite some times yet only reached the end of the game once. This for bug-safety reasons when cross-patching a save game but also because for immersion reasons it's hard for me to balance wanting to explore the city and have the relic tumor at the same time. In act I I feel I can really role-play as the V I created although I create my whole substory (explore the heck out of Watson to simulate lowlife merch) before even going to talk to Jackie and start the Dexter Deshawn gig.
But starting act II I feel overwhelmed and pressured to follow through with the main story with some freedom to go outside of it but with limits. This makes it so I'm getting sick of Watson but hungry for the rest of NC.
My suggestion (and I know it's wishfull thinking) would be, after the montage, having a mission that would trigger Sandra Dorsett's mission. Before that the whole city would be available and some gigs and the blues (the ones that don't require Johnny or other elements from act 2); being available as street rep goes up as usual. After Sandra Dorsetts mission the lockdown and everything else would happen the same way
Post automatically merged:

P.S. I love the story throughout, main story and side stories, it's just the order we are free to explore them that bugs me.

I don't think this one is very likely to happen but would be a life saver for replayability for me and I think not INCREDIBLY hard to implement.
I replayed act I quite some times yet only reached the end of the game once. This for bug-safety reasons when cross-patching a save game but also because for immersion reasons it's hard for me to balance wanting to explore the city and have the relic tumor at the same time. In act I I feel I can really role-play as the V I created although I create my whole substory (explore the heck out of Watson to simulate lowlife merch) before even going to talk to Jackie and start the Dexter Deshawn gig.
But starting act II I feel overwhelmed and pressured to follow through with the main story with some freedom to go outside of it but with limits. This makes it so I'm getting sick of Watson but hungry for the rest of NC.
My suggestion (and I know it's wishfull thinking) would be, after the montage, having a mission that would trigger Sandra Dorsett's mission. Before that the whole city would be available and some gigs and the blues (the ones that don't require Johnny or other elements from act 2); being available as street rep goes up as usual. After Sandra Dorsetts mission the lockdown and everything else would happen the same way

P.S. I love the story throughout, main story and side stories, it's just the order we are free to explore them that bugs me.
Honestly, I like the first part of the game more,where Jackie is. Not because the other half is bad, no. First part is more immersed in the world and allows you to feel it, unlike Acts 2 and 3.It's really not enough and I don't want to go through the game beyond the first act. It's a pity that the first act is so small, it should be more
I agree, in one of the missions V says how she likes to do the work of mercenaries with Jackie,but in fact it's just one job, just one mission. I would like Jack to participate in side quests. I would like to invite him to the fights, so that your best friend will support you. Right now, Jack best friend for a couple of missions .

Last edited:
People just want a GTA clone in the Cyberpunk universe. Why? I don't get this.

Because actual sandbox is the most fun and immersive form of game?
I have been saying this same thing for as long as I've been on these forums, and the actual release of the game only reinforced my opinions. Everything that I feared, came to be as I feared it would.

The story is CP2077 worst element so it would be best to cut it out completely.

Guest 4400165

I replayed act I quite some times yet only reached the end of the game once. This for bug-safety reasons when cross-patching a save game but also because for immersion reasons it's hard for me to balance wanting to explore the city and have the relic tumor at the same time. In act I I feel I can really role-play as the V I created although I create my whole substory (explore the heck out of Watson to simulate lowlife merch).
I'm guessing those moments we see in the montage were supposed to be gigs, but since many people were complaining about The Witcher 3's story length (but not the recent Assassin's Creed games, which are longer, grindy, repetitive and boring), so they either cut all that or went with the montage from the start.

I'd actually like a couple of missions with Jackie before the Sandra Dorsett gig, but I can already see the complications it brings: more scripts, dialogues/voice lines, scenarios, characters, introductions - much more work, basically. We'd also get to know Jackie better, because all his character development sums up to is: some of his backstory, his mom (if you're StreetKid), "Misty is my girlfriend" and that he likes to eat. Oh, and that he admires Valentinos, but has quit the gang, anyway? And the whole "major leagues" thing came almost outta nowhere and feels kinda forced. I never gave a shit about that character.

I have been saying this same thing for as long as I've been on these forums, and the actual release of the game only reinforced my opinions. Everything that I feared, came to be as I feared it would.

I would say you have gotten to prove your own preferences. Please don't dictate my most fun and immersive type of gameplay

I'm guessing those moments we see in the montage were supposed to be gigs, but since many people were complaining about The Witcher 3's story length (but not the recent Assassin's Creed games, which are longer, grindy, repetitive and boring), so they either cut all that or went with the montage from the start.

I'd actually like a couple of missions with Jackie before the Sandra Dorsett gig, but I can already see the complications it brings: more scripts, dialogues/voice lines, scenarios, characters, introductions - much more work, basically. We'd also get to know Jackie better, because all his character development sums up to is: some of his backstory, his mom (if you're StreetKid), "Misty is my girlfriend" and that he likes to eat. Oh, and that he admires Valentinos, but has quit the gang, anyway? And the whole "major leagues" thing came almost outta nowhere and feels kinda forced. I never gave a shit about that character.
I'm not saying replace the montage. I'm saying after the montage create an exploration moment of the whole city with existing gigs (although not ones that are involved in act 2 content directly) before having a manual option to go into the Sandra Dorsett mission

Guest 4400165

I have been saying this same thing for as long as I've been on these forums, and the actual release of the game only reinforced my opinions.
It is a sandbox, just not a GTA-clone many people want/expected it to be (although some features were shoved in, clearly, to make it look like one).
That's just fucking silly.

Guest 4400165

It is not, even close.
Oh, you're one of those people who made up a definition of something and stick to it, no matter how right or wrong it actually is.

Let's see how creative can you be in a GTA game: missions - nope, step right or left from the path - "mission failed". Can you be sneaky or run in guns blazing? Occasionally, if the mission allows it, mostly the latter.
Open world activities: strangers, robbery, mugging and other crime shit, mini-games, car tuning, shopping. And stupid collectibles, if count that as an activity.

CP2077: missions - do whatever the hell you want, any approach is valid.
Open world activities: gigs/side-misssions, kinda police work, car purchasing, shopping.

Hmmmmm.....

Either I'm not a very original person, or it's just something everybody wants:
- believeable pedestrians
- functioning traffic
- Mafia/GTA - like police
The Big Three.

I don't think it's the matter of "how to improve them". I think the matter here is "they never focused on city simulation part". Not becuse it's not important. Because they were rushing to finish the game and the actual story missions and actual activities were the priority. Not to mention the performance side of the production which included somehow making the game run on consoles.

What I think will happen next? Making the game run on consoles first and further driving improvements, as those are the literal game breaking elements in general. Then Police, as some of the players don't really deal with Police if they are stealthy. Then traffic, as it's an integral part of driving the car. Right now it's not too terrible, technically speaking. It's easy enough with current traffic density and other cars being usually easy to overtake or avoid. Then there are pedestrians as they are mostly harmless to the core gameplay.

This is the technical order of things, not the immersion breaking one. All of the above completely ruin my time in Night City. The missions are reasonable enough but the moment I walk outside just to take in the city, I feel like I'm playing a mod for Skyrim, not a fleshed out game.

I don't ask for police cars or AVs to arrive when you commit a crime (this is not GTA), i'm ok with cops running at you from afar and last patch improved things to a certain extent, but it would be nice if NCPD will finally stop spawning out of thin air when you are on top of a building. That doesn't make a bit of sense. Sometimes the game at least make them spawn near the stairs or the elevator... But if YOU are the one standing near the elevator, then cops will literally appear out of nowhere in front of you. On the 25th floor...? Oooook...

I think the matter here is "they never focused on city simulation part".

Or even simulation part, since you cant do even basic things a human being would do such as walking. Lets not forget the part of showering with clothes on.

Can you drink alcohol with an animation? In GTA you can, In RDR2 you can, in AC Valhalla you can (even have drinking contest), Can you walk? In all three you can. In fact even in World of warcraft you can. None of this in CP2077.

Dunno if these are issues to be resolved in 1.3 but...

My main gripe is with the immersion breaking AI. Cars waiting forever in traffic or cars driving through obstacles and whatnot without making any sense. NPCs being forever in a "scared" state. NPC hordes disappearing and reappearing with different models when you turn around.
The police not using cars to chase you.
These were the type of things that irked me the most.

Also customizing my V. I like clothing and armor options in my RPGs but CP2077 had some of the worst stuff to offer when it came to that stuff.
All item stats are randomized like this is some cRPG. Okay, I can get over that I guess, as annoying as it is.
The items are all super crazy looking so it's really hard to make your V look like a normal human being instead of a crazy person who stole his clothes from a flea market. Thankfully there are item sets so you can actually have high stats and look fairly normal.
The item sets (which offer no set bonuses) are all scattered around the map like the Witcher gear in TW3. However unlike TW3, there are no quests tied to them to make them easier to find, so you have to most likely use a guide.
Worst part however, almost all of the item sets are half finished. You have a Nomad set without pants, a Media set without a jacket or shoes etc...

Guest 4400165

Or even simulation part, since you cant do even basic things a human being would do such as walking. Lets not forget the part of showering with clothes on.

Can you drink alcohol with an animation? In GTA you can, In RDR2 you can, in AC Valhalla you can (even have drinking contest), Can you walk? In all three you can. In fact even in World of warcraft you can. None of this in CP2077.
This is funny. What prevents you from removing your clothes before stepping into the shower? It's only 5 or so buttons, 10 seconds top.
Why do you need drinking animation? Do you watch yourself drinking stuff in the mirror? Or you just like watching people drink something?

Oh, oh, lemme help ya - forgot to mention the police thing...for 100000th time.

Honestly, who cares about those features? You've got a story to go through, side quests (mini-stories), characters to meet and all that, that's the goals here.

Freeroam and the city are just additions. Now, what are you, trying to live a full-blown alternative life in Night City? Well, that's not happening, no matter how much they change/add. They add what you, people, want - you'll ask for more, undressing and pissing animations, or some other weird stuff. There is no end to it.
It's not there, I hope the devs won't waste their time trying to add any of that, get over it, people.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is funny. What prevents you from removing your clothes before stepping into the shower? It's only 5 or so buttons, 10 seconds top.
Why do you need drinking animation? Do you watch yourself drinking stuff in the mirror? Or you just like watching people drink something?

Oh, oh, lemme help ya - forgot to mention the fucking police thing...for 100000th time.

Honestly, who gives a shit about those features? You've got a story to go through, side quests (mini-stories), characters to meet and all that, that's the goals here. Not admiring shrinking horse balls and slow-ass "realistic" animations.
Freeroam and the city are just additions. Now, what are you, trying to live a full-blown alternative life in Night City? Well, that's not happening, no matter how much they change/add. They add what you, people, want - you'll ask for more, undressing and pissing animations, or some other weird shit. There is no end to it.
It's not there, I hope the devs won't waste their time trying to add any of that, get over it, people.
Actually yes, that's exactly what me and a lot of other people expect from a game that looks like a city of the future. Because we want to live the city of Cyberpunk 2077, not any other game. Not "you want those features? Go to the game <<put the name of the game here>>". We want all of that in THIS game. Because why not? Because CD Projekt is not this kind of developer? If that's the case, why do we even have the option to free roam the city? Why don't we just have the menu screen whith available missions to chose from and being just teleported to the starting points of each of them? With the game automatically reset you to the checkpoint if you walk too far from the objective?

That was one of my biggest complains in Deus Ex: the game won't give me the city of the future to explore. I'm being given some small hubs with missions in them, or being just teleported to the missions starting points. If Deus Ex offered open world cities in their games, I'd ditch Cyberpunk and play those instead.

Nothing wrong with wanting better functioning police/npcs and other quality of life improvements. Though I'm hoping 1.3 might be the first free dlc

Actually yes, that's exactly what me and a lot of other people expect from a game that looks like a city of the future. Because we want to live the city of Cyberpunk 2077, not any other game. Not "you want those features? Go to the game <<put the name of the game here>>". We want all of that in THIS game. Because why not? Because CD Projekt is not this kind of developer? If that's the case, why do we even have the option to free roam the city? Why don't we just have the menu screen whith available missions to chose from and being just teleported to the starting points of each of them? With the game automatically reset you to the checkpoint if you walk too far from the objective?

That was one of my biggest complains in Deus Ex: the game won't give me the city of the future to explore. I'm being given some small hubs with missions in them, or being just teleported to the missions starting points. If Deus Ex offered open world cities in their games, I'd ditch Cyberpunk and play those instead.
But give that a thought from another point of view as somebody already pointed before. Rockstar GTA gives you the sandbox in the city you are asking,but frankly it seems that they fired their level designers and story writers after San Andreas...do you wonder why? Because the effort goes to the game engine for a sandbox(which after 20 years is pretty much incremental changes -with some back off when people complained that GTA IV driving was "too difficult") and when they finish,they put some linear missions on top + some mini-games...the gameplay mechanics/character progression are extremely limited and pretty much the same for the whole series.
If they are reading this forum they might do a GTA:Cyberpunk, after they sell again GTA V for PS5 of course(which they already announced)...it should take them few months to do that,since people don't care about story or gameplay mechanics at all(just reskin los santos-liberty city maybe fits better-).

I think biggest issue with bringing more Jackie missions is that the introduction of the game before gaining the relic is very limited in access and the game does not want you to travel to other locations. They'd have to create entire new areas within the district you're limited in, while also making it hard for you to wander off to just "do your thing". It's very hard to create an open world introduction sequence if you just allow players to wander off.

I think the best way to handle this is to create "BD"-reminders of what you used to do with Jackie, that you can locate in his place (or maybe is send to your address) where you get to sit on a couch and enter into past event just to remind good old times with Jackie. It'd be the best and simplest way, creating a separate boxes of small content which tend to be much more glitch free than stuff you get to explore in open world.

I mean it'd be almost dumb not to do it that way considering the brain-memory chip is really underused concept in this game.

What should be fixed? (Reasonable expectations)

- Behavior of NPCs
- it is cloned and unauthentic despite 1.2 patch. Reactions for V's actions are either absurd or non-existent. NPCs response should be diverse, from panic, through shock, to aggression. Not crouching while covering their heads.

- Assigning the few basic characteristics/personalities to NPCs, such as:

- Aggressive/Brave - reacts to V's action with immediate violence in severe cases or with verbal disapproval in case of less severe actions.
- Neutral/Normal - evading V's violent actions, expressing disapproval to less severe actions. Threatening to call the Police, offending.
- Coward/Weak - evading V's actions in panic, freezing, being intimidated by V's presence.

NPCs leaving their cars in reaction for street shooting is idiotic. They should act like in case of GTA-series, running away by car, or running away on foot in certain situations (traffic jam etc). Attacking V by their car in case of agressive/brave characteristic.

- Hardcoded car traffic. There is nothing wrong with the idea itself, yet NPCs in cars should be able to react on V's action by diverting their coded paths.

Bypassing obstacles (V's car, other stopped cars)

Diverse reactions for collisions
(currently cars just stop in the very place they were hit). What would be nice?

- Ignoring the minor collisions, escaping the scene in some cases, pulling over on the edge of the road, leaving the car in the anger, chasing the V in retaliation in car).

More Interactive Environment:

More vendors, stores, beggars, clubs.

Police, Criminal Rating System:

Police should arrive on the scene in their cars, spawned from larger distance (over 100meters, out of sight of V). Police should be able to chase V in their cars.

Police on foot should not spawn in such short distance from V, last patch did not solve the problem.

Technical:

Spawning/Removing the NPCs & Cars in extremely short distance to V. It is not immersive at all the see the car/npc appearing out of nowhere or disappearing immediately after V turns their head. Radius of 100m should be locked from disappearing/spawning.

This would solve vast majority of immersion breaking actions.

all very nice but ... let's be honest, how many chances there are that they will make such changes to an AI that basically doesn't even exist after years of development behind it? I say close to zero ...I mean .... the most that they did was change the police spawing (..), it's clear that they are not able to develop a "real" AI

Top Bottom