Risen 3 titan lords

+

Risen 3 titan lords

• Its ok, but not worth the money

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Risen 3 titan lords

What do you guys think of this game i've heard really bad reviews i originally played the 2 one but the new one appears to be just like the 2 one? . Honestly for me i'm going to avoid this game its bad enough trying to keep up with the games especially in October and November. I might consider buying it this month, but i would like to know more about it if its worth it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oXXA3WRNX4&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ

Last edited:
I tried to play Risen 1 on my pc at the beginning of this summer. I put 10 hours trying it because I liked the open world aspect... but the combat was atrocious. Had to stop. People tell you that you should play Gothic instead, and that Risen is a bad attempt at Gothic, but it's been done by the same people and when you see or read reviews of all the 3 original Gothic games, they always have bad controls are extremely glitchy, have terrible combat, bad stories... if they haven't managed to make a decent combat system in 5 games of the same style I don't think they'll do it in the sixth.

I enjoyed Rise 2: Dark Waters, not the best story line i ever played, but the open world was great. I took a peek at the 3rd one, seems like a copy-paste of Dark Waters, same movements, didn't see any particular graphical improvement... But i think i'd give it the benefit of the doubt.

Risen 3 is a "nice" game. It's clunky and rough in the edges. It's not the advertised return to the Gothic form, and it's not even as good as the first Risen (which was a good game), but it has its moments as a not-too-serious Piranha Bytes action RPG. I don't regret buying it (even though I did at first since the tutorial phase was so bad it gave an impression the whole game is going to be full of shit).

I voted "I enjoyed the game" (for what it is and so far since I'm not finished yet), but I don't see what's oldschool about the combat.

...and as for the video. Angry Joe just didn't have his hand held tightly enough for his needs. I can't understand how can he be that bad at the game; a person who does these review thingies as much as he does and is supposed to be one that has experience with games. It takes literally few minutes to grasp the patterns and movement in combat (at least if you've palyed PB games before). Seriously, if his review was my first contact with the game, it would've been a high level endorsement. :laughing:

Word of advice, never trust the judgement of these so called Youtube celebrities without second opinions.

Last edited:
Risen 3 is a "nice" game. It's clunky and rough in the edges. It's not the advertised return to the Gothic form, and it's not even as good as the first Risen (which was a good game), but it has its moments as a not-too-serious Piranha Bytes action RPG. I don't regret buying it (even though I did at first since the tutorial phase was so bad it gave an impression the whole game is going to be full of shit).

I voted "I enjoyed the game" (for what it is and so far since I'm not finished yet), but I don't see what's oldschool about the combat.

...and as for the video. Angry Joe just didn't have his hand held tightly enough. I can't understand how can he be that bad at the game; a person who does these review thingies as much as he does and is supposed to be one that has experience with games. It takes literally few minutes to grasp the patterns and movement in combat (at least if you've palyed PB games before). :laughing:

Word of advice, never trust the judgement of these so called Youtube celebrities without second opinions.

I played Risen 2 dark waters and it was boring and annoying not to mention I must of got the bad disc which made things a whole lot easier... There was some nice things about it like it was funny as hell with the glitches and bugs at times, but really I'm on the borderline with Risen 3 Titan lords if i do pick it up i'm pretty sure it won't be until a price drop, unless i'm desperate without a game. It dose look a whole lot similar to Risen 2 dark waters which adds more doubt to me about buying it. I'm glad to see another gamer that ignores what the critics say :)

Last edited:
Looking at the video I see everything I expect from console games. You watch a movie and occasionally press the correct button at the correct time to perform some action or die. Your "choice" is to press the button and continue the game or not and game over. This is control over you character?

Okay, what i like so far is the exploration is much more encouraged than Risen 2. The faction choices are back, so you can choose how you want your character to play. You can be the loyal brother and set out to find your sister or decide to ignore that and take up a separate set of quests and choices.

I'm only a little way in, but already I'm liking my character, who is going to be an Intimidating, heavily-armoured crafter. A break from my usual choices of stealth assassin, ( doable) or power-hungry Mage with a silver tongue ( totally doable).

Sardukhar do you think its worth a buy because i love roleplaying games,but Risen 2 dark waters was not really fun for me to play although i did enjoy exploring so i might give it a try would you recommend me buying it?

I find these Risen games fall in a subgenre of RPGs that I find really, really attractive... but so far the only good game in the subgenre I've played is Witcher 1 (I don't have a powerful enough rig to play even 2) which is much less open and much more linear, but at least it was well done. The combat there gets quite a lot of flack, but I really liked it. Only complaints are there's barely any incentive to use weapons other than swords and some of the signs. I guess I'm going to love Witcher 3 as it seems to include both the quality I've found in the game I played (only I hope very amped up) plus the open world that was what kept me giving Risen 1 10 hours worth of trial.

Thanks i might go buy the game because of you :pizza: ,Sard if only there where more people like you in the world.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
He doesn't have a good or bad side. He just is, and it's terrifying for the rest of us. He's the bass guitarist of the marching band, the mustard on the bowl of ice cream. He's an enigma wrapped in a burrito wrapped in a turducken. He wears a jacket made out of the flesh of someone else's fallen enemies. None of it makes sense, and somewhere in that blurry haze of utter confusion lies the very spark that keeps his heart beating. If the world were full of people like him, the very natural laws that hold the fabric of time and space together would get up from the bar and relocate to somewhere else, destroying life as we know it in the process.

On topic: I recently tried the first Risen and it was pretty good from the hour or so I spent on it, but I felt like I should have started with the Gothic games to have a better sense of how the series has evolved. The third Risen looks pretty awful from gameplay videos, but who knows. Games like this sometimes end up being diamonds in the rough once they've benefited from time-tempered expectations and a few patches.

First Risen was ok. Also one of the few rpg games I haven't been able to finish. I would have actually needed bloody quest marker. Five temples with dark corridors all over the island and one of them had some door opening or I missed some passage so I gave up.

Loved the second one (even I managed to complete that :p ) . Good enough story with some epic parts. Good rpg combat, meaning propably not so great but does it's job just fine. And few amazing characters.

Gonna buy 3rd but have some other games taking my time at the moment. Also bit worried when reviews say it's more like first and not the crappy second when I actually enjoyed the second and it's the reason I'm gonna buy it.

Also tried Gothic 2 back in the day since people praise it so much. You can guess how many minutes it spent on my hard drive after I realised what the controls were :p Also played Gothic 3 for a bit but eventually gave up on it....guess I just didn't like it for some reason or more likely many reasons.
Gothic 4 was boring as hell but that was made by different company.

Last edited:
Not fond of quest markers.
No reason you shouldn't be able to ask directions or make a map (or get rid of the "fog" in the overhead map) in a game these days. Sure back when they had to fit into 640K it wasn't practical but not these days.
Quest markers are another prime example of the "dumbing down" of most modern games.
And no, that doesn't mean I want to wander aimlessly for minutes/hours searching for wherever it is I'm trying to go. As I said, ask directions or make an in game map.

Sardpocalypse. As if. I mean, I explode all the time and hardly anyone dies. Splattered, yes. Dead, no. Err..I think?

Now a few hours into Risen 3 - still enjoying it.

We'll see if I make the ten hour mark, though. But flying as a Parrot and having Jedi force powers + teleport looks good.

Once I have my PC set up again. Cursed move.

Not fond of quest markers.
No reason you shouldn't be able to ask directions or make a map (or get rid of the "fog" in the overhead map) in a game these days. Sure back when they had to fit into 640K it wasn't practical but not these days.
Quest markers are another prime example of the "dumbing down" of most modern games.
And no, that doesn't mean I want to wander aimlessly for minutes/hours searching for wherever it is I'm trying to go. As I said, ask directions or make an in game map.
Yeah as a quest marker I ment show where I need to go on map, not bloody yellow brick road :) Usually I don't need even map marker. Lotro had back in the day such well written quests/directions that they told you everything you needed to know.

Last edited:
Yeah as a quest marker I ment show where I need to go on map, not bloody yeallow brick road :) Usually I don't need even map marker. Lotro had back in the day such well written quests/directions that they told you everything you needed to know.

Yeah, the glowing arrows and markers screaming "go here dummy" are just that, for dummies.

Top Bottom