Russian localization weird dialogue speed up\slow down

+
Guys, we have recieved the answer. Just check th previous page.
They are working on a solution.
Was really surprised to see it today. Yet can't believe my eyes and i think it's not being fixed at the moment. Would be nice to see some official statement from CDPR about it. I'm just a kind of person who doesn't want to get hopes high. ;)

If they're working on it, why not share some info regarding progress?
Really doubt that it's true.
P.S. Happy New Year to you guys. :)

Well, the patch 1.12 is out, and still nothing? It looks like we won't see VO fix untill the enhanced edition (if there will be one at all).

Well guys, in last few days I was poking around in russian speech files, and believe that or not, bur CDPR actually fixed that, at least some part of it, and did that actually some time ago, around HoS DLC release. Patch 1.10 contained 4984 new speech files for russian language, and about 97% of that is redone dialog lines with new lip sync. I compared some new files with the old ones, and it's better, in some cases much better. I don't know why it wasn't announced, but good job CDPR.

:cheers3:

@AsarGiN

Thanks for this info mate. Could I ask you to check if they fixed another issue I'm going to describe now. Basically when somebody spoke elven, like Triss/Yen and sometimes Geralt there was no lip movement whatsoever for that kind of speech. The HoS scene with Geralt being held captive on the Ofirian ship was also with no lip movement for the Geralt's try at Ofirian.

Thanks for this info mate. Could I ask you to check if they fixed another issue I'm going to describe now. Basically when somebody spoke elven, like Triss/Yen and sometimes Geralt there was no lip movement whatsoever for that kind of speech. The HoS scene with Geralt being held captive on the Ofirian ship was also with no lip movement for the Geralt's try at Ofirian.

Sorry, I can't find any lines of Triss or Yen. I need some dialog lines from that scene to find any. But I did find lines from the Ofirian ship, and Geralt have lip sync files for that lines, but it have to be tested in the game.

Last edited:
So, anyone tested those fixes? No more speed problems? =)

UPD: Apparently its still not fixed. A friend of mine played on 1.10, and Geralt was still raping like a pro.

Last edited:
Mmm.. up. Any news?
Still no news. Official support answer "we are investigating this issue". What that probably means is "Game is successefull as it is and we dont have time\desire to redo\fix voiceover".
Also, they havent answer on this forum (eng+rus) and ignorred questions on FB and twitter (maybe i messed it up but dunno), so probly we can all forget and just live with this screw up.
Or maybe they will surprise everybody and fix it with Blood and Wine (not rly) who knows?

Russian localization weird dialogue speed up\slow down

One year passed, Russian localization do not fix yet. You have conscience ?

One year passed, Russian localization do not fix yet. You have conscience ?

TBH, I don't quite sure they have a reason to fix it, the game sells exceptionally, u can barely hear people complain about audio problem (pretty much no media even mention it on release\and on this thread it’s like 3,5 guys), Russian version of the forum is quite about it. So what gives?
They make 2 great add-ons; get some money and move on to Cyberpunk. Why should they either redo voiceover or redo all lip-sync and timings in dialogs. It’s too much of an effort.
I really, truly hope that I’m dead wrong, and i would rly like to apologies for my mistrust if they will release fix with B&W patch, but with the massive lack of response and acknowledging of this issue i have gigantic doubts.

Last edited:
@Larus.149

That's already been noted, that there are a lot of new Russian voice over and lyp-sync files in the latest patches.
I've taken some time to watch let's plays with the latest patch - i checked like 10-15 moments, like Geralts talk with Vesimir at the beginning, Triss in the rat quest etc., and nothing changed. Nothing at all. Maybe they did fix something, but why not release some sort of note, like with the bag fixes, so we can see what lines have been addressed and which hasn't.
This way people might actually help and pinpoint the places where it’s actually bad.

@Larus.149

There's been a lot of undocumented fixes and changes with all of the patches, not just those realted to Russian voice-over. As for no change to voice pacing, I can tell there are a few scenes affected by it, not all of them though. Still, something's been changed, let's see what B&W brings.

Top Bottom