Scabbards in 1.10

+
Yeah they're missing in 1.10, I reported it to CDPR with a proper email to their support team and I had a reply to delete and reinstall the game then the patches then the DLCs. I'm waiting for the patch to download again currently so can't say if it'll work but apparently it doesn't from other users. If not I'll reply to the kind technical support staff's email and let them know it didn't work. But I guess I'll see in about and hour if it works or not

I deleted, Reinstalled the game then the patches, then all the dlc, then re synced my game and the scabbards are still missing and there are graphical bugs still in the kaer morhen cutscene with Yennefer, so don't think it was a damaged patch but rather a problem caused in the patch 's code.

However I loaded up my HOS save and performance seems to have improved, whereas before all around Oxenfurt I was getting the Novigrad blurry pauses persistently and in sewers with Shani. Seems to be better now, need to test it out more

Yeah they're missing in 1.10, I reported it to CDPR with a proper email to their support team and I had a reply to delete and reinstall the game then the patches then the DLCs. I'm waiting for the patch to download again currently so can't say if it'll work but apparently it doesn't from other users. If not I'll reply to the kind technical support staff's email and let them know it didn't work. But I guess I'll see in about and hour if it works or not

i did this, it doesn't work

Poor Letho lost his scabbards as well as other witchers except Geralt, he is lucky.

Attachments

• The Witcher 3.jpg
    The Witcher 3.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Why does everyone assume that it's a bug? It doesn't affect Geralt. It's probably a feature aimed to increase performance by reducing the number of objects that need to be rendered on screen. I don't care if soldiers and bandits don't have them, but major characters should. If it's indeed a feature and not a bug, we should have the option to toggle it on or off. Something like scabbards on everyone/scabbards on major characters only/scabbards off (or only on Geralt).

Last edited:
Frankly I would like all characters in the game to have scabbards. Whenever I see an NPC with an unsheathed sword on their belt I just cringe thinking how they are going to injure themselves in the next 5 minutes. To me having scabbards adds a lot more to the realism of the game and the believeability of the world than any hairworks or HBAO+ or other graphics mumbo jumbo.

Why does everyone assume that it's a bug? It doesn't affect Geralt. It's probably a feature aimed to increase performance by reducing the number of objects that need to be rendered on screen. I don't care if soldiers and bandits don't have them, but major characters should. If it's indeed a feature and not a bug, we should have the option to toggle it on or off. Something like scabbards on everyone/scabbards on major characters only/scabbards off (or only on Geralt).

yes,am sure that 6 scabbards are responsible for a tremendous loss of performances in that game...

It's not a design choice, someone from CDPR emailed me back this afternoon to say they're working on a fix

It's not a design choice, someone from CDPR emailed me back this afternoon to say they're working on a fix
Good. This seems to affect only the current player model. I just finished the story again and Ciri has the scabbard when I'm controlling her. As soon as the game switches to Geralt she no longer has it. Strangely enough, she had it again when she handed the sword to Geralt in Nilfgaard ending but only in that moment. This is the weirdest bug ever.

Top Bottom