Should Brouver be Changed?

+
liezldiezldee;n10755831 said:
whoopty doo a 12 point play that dumps out a foglet that just gets eaten by a battering ram or your fog just buffs their greatswords. deathwish is "the best monsters deck" but it was never tier 1.

or you can get 40 out of henslet or 30 out of jan calveit or 30 out of brouver while dagon MAYBE gets 20-24 assuming they dont just weather clear and abuse your fog to strengthen their units

Define Tier 1? It had a highly positive matchup against alchemy and good against all the others barring Crach.

iamthedave;n10756081 said:
Define Tier 1? It had a highly positive matchup against alchemy and good against all the others barring Crach.

brouver, henslet and skellige are tier 1. (coinflip abuse, coinflip abuse, overpowered)

alchemy has a losing matchup against all 3. (and people still want to nerf it?)
dagon has a losing matchup against all 3.

dagon can beat alchemy but alchemy isnt even tier 1 anymore.

a lot of players are switching to consume and handbuff now because deathwish and alchemy are both just ramming your head into a wall against tier 1 decks.

Please get back on topic. This is not really the thread to discuss Dagon or what is tier 1 and what is not.

devivre;n10756391 said:
Please get back on topic. This is not really the thread to discuss Dagon or what is tier 1 and what is not.

yes because it would be so much more efficient for us to create an entirely new thread to discuss something related to dagon instead of talking about the meta as a whole and which heroes are overpowered (original topic)

liezldiezldee;n10756461 said:
yes because it would be so much more efficient for us to create an entirely new thread to discuss something related to dagon instead of talking about the meta as a whole and which heroes are overpowered (original topic)

The original topic is "should Brouver be changed" which is not the same as "Meta as a whole and which Heroes are overpowered". Also currently it doesn't seem like different opinions are valued that much, so I doubt this conversation will get us far!

Hellsmoke77;n10755601 said:
"Fog archetype is decent" No, it's not at all. As you stated scouts always pull clears and not only them, most create cards pull clear weather. Your ancient fogglet is a nice 10 points for slavedrivers, that's about it. None of the top deathwish decks run ancient fogglets anymore.

On topic: Brouver pulling elves isn't the issue so there is no reason to stop him from doing so. Dwarves are dead now in case you haven't noticed or have you seen a single dwarf deck since the nerf? I'm sure you have just for the sake of argument but the people who are actually honest will tell you they haven't seen a single dwarf other than the ones used in this spy abuse.

He needs to not pull spies, nothing more.

I seen a deck with dwarfs, hatori on barclay is still good.
ps.foglets destroy alchemy.

Hellsmoke77;n10756721 said:
You obviously aren't taking this conversation seriously.

Actually it does have a good game against it. The optimised alchemy deck aims for 10-strength vipwitchers, putting them just outside the reach of killing ancient foglets. So there's that. Keeps the main deck engine on the board and active.

iamthedave;n10756881 said:
Actually it does have a good game against it. The optimised alchemy deck aims for 10-strength vipwitchers, putting them just outside the reach of killing ancient foglets. So there's that. Keeps the main deck engine on the board and active.

alchemy is bad. monsters are bad.

just play henslet or brouver until they fix spies

at least reveal or consume can come back from 2 cards down if you are forced to play trashy monster/nilf decks

liezldiezldee;n10756971 said:
alchemy is bad. monsters are bad.

just play henslet or brouver until they fix spies

at least reveal or consume can come back from 2 cards down if you are forced to play trashy monster/nilf decks

Isn't 'trash' a bit of a strong word? Are you saying that everything that isnt tier 1 is, uh, trash? I don't know about you, but I've never played a tier 1 deck and I still do pretty dang ok - as do many, many other players on this forum.

The tier 1 decks are great, but they're certainly not unbeatable. Even with 'trash' decks, and they're beatable often too.

About Brouver though, I'm with some of the others here that say the problem lies in the coinflip and silver spies, not Brouver himself.

Legendarum;n10757331 said:
Isn't 'trash' a bit of a strong word? Are you saying that everything that isnt tier 1 is, uh, trash? I don't know about you, but I've never played a tier 1 deck and I still do pretty dang ok - as do many, many other players on this forum.

The tier 1 decks are great, but they're certainly not unbeatable. Even with 'trash' decks, and they're beatable often too.

About Brouver though, I'm with some of the others here that say the problem lies in the coinflip and silver spies, not Brouver himself.

tier 1 or trash

thanks for giving me easy wins

The main problem is the coin flip, which as it seems is hard to fix. The second problem are the spies and that every one is playing around/with them to gain from the coin flip, which in turn creates the problem that if you are first vs Scoia'tael you are likely to lose the round and if you want to take it you will go 2 cards down. Same vs NR you go first and they play spy, if you dont have your spy you are instantly 1 card behind(the light cavalry is free spy). This also forces you to put spy in every deck to have a chance to fight these situations.

So overall we don't know if the coin flip will have good solution, probably one of the options is to remove the spies from the game. With them removed at least you will have option if you are first to fight for the round or to just pass(it is very possible that all games will become like Arena matches, where only the last round will be played, because of the fear that if you go first the opponent might out tempo you and the game is over).
[h=3][/h]

Brouver has always been able to pull spies, yet the problem started after midwinter patch. Maybe Brouver isn't the problem here.

Iuliandrei;n10772941 said:
Brouver has always been able to pull spies, yet the problem started after midwinter patch. Maybe Brouver isn't the problem here.

Yes, but with new Cleaver that abuse became game-breaking. In 90% of games you just can stomp opponent with spy into brouver-barclay-cleaver combo for 26 points. So opponent goes -2 cards usually in 1st round.

Hellsmoke : stay strong my friend. One day, Francesca will shine.

As said before, I really think that Brouver, and any other card, should be unable to tutor a silver spy. It generates huge problems of balance.

But I also think that preventing Brouver of drawing Yaevinn won't solve the problem entirely. He will still be able to abuse the silver spy in round 1, if he already has Yaevinn in hand.

Which means that Brouver players will have around 50 percent chance of making their crazy combo, instead of around 90%. The old dwarf will lose some consistency, for sure, but will remain a frustrating opponent.

Reworking Cleaver could indeed be a solution.

According to the last meta report, 27% players right now are playing Brouver at high ranks. This is depressing... A change is needed.

However, I also hope that CDPR has planned some kind of compensation for Brouver (and ST as a whole) because his necessary nerf, and the nerf of wardancers, could be his end.

About the dwarf archeytpe : I don't think it is totally bad.

Dwarves have some good bronze cards (agitators, skimishers) and some of the best silver cards of the game (Hattori + Barclay + Paulie is a devastating combo). But they have a huge flaw : their lack of synergy.

The only card that really creates some synergy is Dennis Cranmer, which is clearly not enough. They really need some new cards.

What Dorfs really lack are actually viable Golds, as all Gold Dorfs are more or less a joke, as one Zoltan is locked into the Movement Archetype and the other one has way more synergies with NG Spies, while Xavier is simply pathetic... and that's it. 3 Gold Dwarf cards to support the Archetype (I absolutely purposely am leaving Saesenthessis out of the discussions, as she is not a dorf by any means). Losing the Ithlinne combo was also a huge hit, but it was needed as hell.

All in all - Dorfs are just another unfinished Archetype in Gwent.

Lack of viable Golds in Dwarf deck is one aspect of its lack of synergy.
But the addition of great gold cards won't solve the problem if they are not accompanied with bronze cards who synergise.
In the current state of the game, Bronzes synergy is the key.

Top Bottom