Should our save from TW1 influence on story in TW2

+
I don't really care all that much for that. I think they said your armor and weapons will transfer over? That's cool. But I guess if they want some of your decisions to carry over as well I guess your alignment will matter (Scoia'tael, Order, Neutral) and romance (shani, Triss).

Sorry for necroing this somewhat old thread, but since it's about the same subject as my question I thought I'd better than creating a new one.I was curious if we yet have any confirmation if anything more than our weapons, (armour?) and Oren will transfer with our TW1 save game. Namely story choices, like if you chose Triss or Shani, whom you sided with or if you stayed neutral, killed or saved Abigail etc.If it indeed is only Oren and gear then perhaps it's best to wait until someone upload a "maximum Oren" save ;P

@DelightfulMcCoy: Yo Coy and all you other jokesters, learn to use the spoiler code.
Frontl1ne said:
I hope it won't require a completed TW1 save, 'cause I reformatted my computer and lost everything.
You're not really afraid of that, are you? Do you honestly think they would exclude people who are new to The Witcher like that and force them to buy the first part?
Frontl1ne said:
But then that would mean it would be a TW2 introduction which basically recaps the important points from TW1 and asks you how everything happened.
Good idea.
Frontl1ne said:
If it indeed is only Oren and gear then perhaps it's best to wait until someone upload a "maximum Oren" save ;P
What's that supposed to be? You can get almost infinitely many Oren.As for my opinion, I'm not to keen on this possibility (it surely won't be mandatory, right?). It might be a nice gimmick but I'm not sure how far they can really realize something like that. There gotta be a solution for people who haven't played the first part / have no savegame anymore and it wouldn't be very smart to just serve them with a "preset past" (though you could do it like Frontl1ne suggested). Well, I say let's lean back and watch what the devs come up with.

I hope the save option will let Geralt follow on the side he was on from our playthrough.It would be good is they could give us a VERY special quest / item because we still have an old save. Or the option to play through the game with the old model of Geralt which I think many fans of the Old Geralt will die to have.;)

It would be awesome if our decisions from TW1 influenced the story of TW2, but I guess this isn't that easy considering that CDPR are reworking the game completely (graphics, gameplay and so on).But IF it were possible, that would be great and adding a ton to the whole "Witcher"-experience. Even if it were only for cameos, it is still feels good to be reminded that you are still the same character in this RPG.

I don't really care. The game isn't really that moral based like Bioware their games, but maybe a few extra's if you have a finish TW1 campaign save on your PC.

Riojoyce said:
It would be good is they could give us a VERY special quest / item because we still have an old save.
It's not that kind of game, I think. Why would they change the storyline just because you have an old save? That doesn't make sense at all. TW2 is going to start 2 months after the ending in TW1, so you had some past. Especially when you might be able to find out what happened before you lost your memory in TW1 (not decided yet). Like it or not, but having your past "saved on your PC" shouldn't make you feel special or more - change the storyline. Big LOL for your post, just couldn't stop myself :)Nonetheless having a transfer from TW1 to TW2 should be great, especially when you wouldn't have to start training from the beginning or so. That's already a fair reward for playing TW1:)

I would like to import at least one of my saves of Geralt TW1 into TW2. Since I assume that it would be pretty hard to import from the old engine into the new, is it possible for the new engine to generate a character based on info imported from the old?

Morrighan said:
I would like to import at least one of my saves of Geralt TW1 into TW2. Since I assume that it would be pretty hard to import from the old engine into the new, is it possible for the new engine to generate a character based on info imported from the old?
Well I don't see how there should be any issues with importing story choices from the old engine. Since they more or less are data "marks" in the save files. And it should be quite easy to keep track of these marks as you transfer your character (in theory at least)The real question is have the designed TW2 to take advantage of these previous choices? Or will it be a blank page set with an default story regardless of what we did in the previous game?

JW-toch said:
The game isn't really that moral based like Bioware their games[...]
Right, The Witcher is even more moral based.
JW-toch said:
It's not that kind of game, I think. Why would they change the storyline just because you have an old save? That doesn't make sense at all.
You don't get it, do you? Just for example, imagine they somehow implement Abigail in the game. Or the werewolf. Now if you had an old savegame it would check how you dealt with them and would choose accordingly whether they reappear or not. This part of his post does make sense, actually.

Demut said:
Demut said:
The game isn't really that moral based like Bioware their games[...]
Demut said:
It's not that kind of game, I think. Why would they change the storyline just because you have an old save? That doesn't make sense at all.
You don't get it, do you? Just for example, imagine they somehow implement Abigail in the game. Or the werewolf. Now if you had an old savegame it would check how you dealt with them and would choose accordingly whether they reappear or not. This part of his post does make sense, actually.
Arrgh, and I was misunderstood again:) All, I was trying to say is that, they shouldn't give players any sort of special items or quests (and thus change the game this way), all for the reason of having an old save. I definetely wouldn't mind a continuation of plots started in TW1, sort of consequences of our decisions taken in TW1. All I do mind is being unfair towards people who didn't play TW1 and because of that losing something whilst ones who did got some bonuses.

Demut said:
Really? Please, do take a look at Mass Effect 2, in that game the moral choices affect the character you play physically and there are lots and I mean LOTS of different endings and moral choices in that game, the choices you take even affect the way other characters react, especially in combination with a savegame from Mass Effect 1. The Witcher doesn't even get close to ME in the sense of choices.

Daedros said:
Daedros said:
Well I don't see how there should be any issues with importing story choices from the old engine. Since they more or less are data "marks" in the save files. And it should be quite easy to keep track of these marks as you transfer your character (in theory at least)The real question is have the designed TW2 to take advantage of these previous choices? Or will it be a blank page set with an default story regardless of what we did in the previous game?
I hope that this will not be a blank page, but rather a continued unfolding of the outcomes of choices made in TW1 as well as in 2. I'm glad to learn that there probably isn't any technical reason why a TW1 save (with all of the data about his choices) couldn't be imported into the new engine.
I want to preserve my choice to try to stop the Professor in the lab, to save Abigail from the village, to choose Triss over Shani as Alvin's keeper, and to stay as neutral as possible. Somehow, I think that the CD Red Projekt team can make this happen.

JW-toch said:
Really? Please, do take a look at Mass Effect 2, in that game the moral choices affect the character you play physically and there are lots and I mean LOTS of different endings and moral choices in that game, the choices you take even affect the way other characters react, especially in combination with a savegame from Mass Effect 1. The Witcher doesn't even get close to ME in the sense of choices.
Apparently I didn't make clear that I was talking about what the devs said concerning moral choices in TW2.Morrighan, the spoilers are supposed to be IN the spoiler box not below it :O

Demut said:
Demut said:
Apparently I didn't make clear that I was talking about what the devs said concerning moral choices in TW2.Morrighan, the spoilers are supposed to be IN the spoiler box not below it :O
Darn! I hoped that I had fixed that before anyone saw it!

NildaHostar said:
All I do mind is being unfair towards people who didn't play TW1 and because of that losing something whilst ones who did got some bonuses.
Unfair, true. But giving W1 fans something extra means keeping yr customers happy. ;)

It's not that unusual o_O I recently experienced it in another game where you got in-game money and some unlocked characters for having a savegame of a previous game. And I wouldn't really call it "unfair". Or do you also say it's "unfair" if people who buy a Collector's Edition of a game get stuff like new weapons or new maps?

Riojoyce said:
Riojoyce said:
All I do mind is being unfair towards people who didn't play TW1 and because of that losing something whilst ones who did got some bonuses.
Unfair, true. But giving W1 fans something extra means keeping yr customers happy. ;)
In what way is this unfair?If someone chose not to play TW1 it's their fault and personal loss since it's completely optional and available for everyone. Not having this feature is more unfair if you ask me towards the long time fans.And frankly I could not care less about the people who did not play TW1 ;)

The term unfair depends on who is giving that opinion. ;)Since W2 is a continuation of W1, people should play W1. :)

Top Bottom