Should park-our be added?

+
If I could have Batman's grapple gun in that city, I'd have to change my shorts after every play session.

I wanna push off a wall and spin kick someone in the face.

But that isn't parkour.

Remember Me will fulfill any cyberpunk parkour needs I may have.

Please nothing like a AC, we're talking about cyborgs here, possibly weighting couple hundreds of kilograms, making something like that climb on top of a skyscraper like king kong would be ridiculous.

but making characters more agile and environment aware, to some extent like mirrors edge so they wouldn't get blocked by artificial walls like a pipe, handrail, trash container or a car blocking the way is a must.

@saoe: I'm not advocating for it to be like Arkham City really, but I do want to rappel down the sides of buildings, and set up zip lines to traverse from building to building. Gadgets could make it feasible and very fun.

Batman hook? climbing buildings?
Are we talking about the same game?

Please dont! :(

"Grapple Hand: Extends rocket-propelled grapple, 100' line." Grappling hooks were already in CP2020, I don't see why we'd suddenly lose them.

Anyway, I'm fine with parkour as long as it's simply a way to traverse the environment and not some gimmick to dodge bullets.

@saoe: I'm not advocating for it to be like Arkham City really, but I do want to rappel down the sides of buildings, and set up zip lines to traverse from building to building. Gadgets could make it feasible and very fun.
Nah dude. It will only ruin the game.

No parkour or any kind. Watchdogs or Mass Effect don't have it, just good proven cover and tactical system. Make it realistic and challenging.

I personally don't want to see any OP skills or powers our characters can use, defensive or offensive. No personal shields like Quen in TW2 as well.

i would want it, to an extent... something like in Sleeping Dogs... it's never ridiculous, but it is fluid and dynamic... style.

Cyberpunk combat is gritty and deadly, but its also very stylish. Combat in Cyberpunk is influenced as much by John Woo's hong kong films as it is by Taxi Driver.

Nah dude. It will only ruin the game.

No parkour or any kind. Watchdogs or Mass Effect don't have it, just good proven cover and tactical system. Make it realistic and challenging.

How would it ruin the game? You cry for realism and yet you think that it makes sense for this futuristic, robotic killing machine to be restricted to the ground just like us Neanderthals? Heck, in that case even I can do more “parkour” than the protagonist.

i would want it, to an extent... something like in Sleeping Dogs... it's never ridiculous, but it is fluid and dynamic... style.

Cyberpunk combat is gritty and deadly, but its also very stylish. Combat in Cyberpunk is influenced as much by John Woo's hong kong films as it is by Taxi Driver.

Parkour maybe, but no running on the wall or climbing the walls/buildings.

But only 1 or 2 classes could use it. Corporate, Media, Techie, Fixer as well? It will become another Brink game, it failed online ..I see CP2077 a bit like Mass Effect online playing TDM or co-op.. cover system and using tactics, traditional flanking etc. no Brink running on walls :mad:

Right, because Brink failed due to its S.M.A.R.T. system >_> Have you even played the game?
Wish I could get that money back!

Sleeping dogs level of parkour yes I can agree on that, but nothing to over the top guys c'mon. I can imagine enemies doing super jumps and running on walls and it will just fail.

Parkour is a good idea but the thing about it is that it allows too easy of a way to escape a life-death situation. I agree with Saoe's idea.

I ACTUALLY liked Brink's SMART system. It was pretty cool.

Sleeping dogs is what I was thinking of. That game did a good job with parkour. But I still want gadgets for hard to reach places, and no I don't mean crawling all over buildings like spiderman.

I think that this game could really benefit from a system of parkour. But I think that we think that just because mirrors edge and assassins creed have fully "realized" parkour ,that those are the only styles that we can have. A game like this should thrive off of that feeling of smallness you get when you stand next to this giant city. And in games like assassins creed you just hold down a button and your on top of the building in 2 seconds. I think that this game should have the ability to jump up off a wall and grab a ledge that is 15 feet up (about 5 meters). But when your on ground level this isnt even considerable when towers are 2100 ft (roughly 700 m). But if you get a hover car up to a rooftop I want to run along walls and jump off to get over an alley way. But not that assassins creed stuff where you jump unreasonable distances. And in this I want to really have to think about how to get across. Maybe I cant make that jump of 30 ft (about 10 m) but if I jump on that hover car and make it onto the fire escape of the building next to it, then jump and grab the electrical wires to cross the alley way then I can get across. I want to have to really think about getting places. I want it to be a real challenge to get from point a to point b via parkour. That way I still get that sense of feeling small and underpowered compared to the world which is essential in a gritty game like this. But still have freerunning. So basically more like real life that assassins creed. This way it isnt op its just a way for more agile characters to get places. And also a downside to this would be the inability to have any 2 handed gun (assault rifle, carbine, etc.) to allow you to do rolls in order to break your falls.I think this perfect for an environment like this. Any way that's just my own opinion.

It'd be interesting if they could incorporate that with the various different classes. A "Media" and "Corporate" can't do the basic shit since they're focusing on other non-physical attributes, while a Nomad and Police can utilize parkour moves with ease. That way they can reinforce the notion that there's actually differences in how each class is played. Just an idea.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing it in the game. Though it's nothing that I would cry over if they don't implement it.

In the PNP game, your run per 3 seconds is your movement allowance (1-10) multiplid by 3 in meters. So you can run up to 30 meters in 3 seconds if you are a the peak of physical perfection. Its incredibly fast, but we have sprinters and wide receivers who can pull it off.

Some cybernetic options such as Speeding Bullet or Corvette cyberlegs (must be taken in pairs) can boost your MA well above human limits... all the way up to 16 if I recall. A character with a 16 MA will run 48 meters in 3 seconds. Half a football field.

Leap is your run divided by 4. So the most a non augmented human can get is a leap of 9 meters. With top of the line cyber, he can get up to 12 meters...

And full conversions can get boosts to MA even higher...

Palm and foot spikes would easily allow the climbing of even the most sheer walls...

Grapplefists, or harpoon guns allow for swing on fire escapes and buildings...

I see little reason not to include these elements... at least to some degree...

Top Bottom