Simulation/Training Mode

+
Suggestion - Let us use ALL cards in Practice Mode (Even non-unlocked ones)

Let us use ALL cards in Practice Mode (Even non-unlocked ones). This would be good for people to test out how cards actually work before they craft them. Sometimes just reading the text is not enough to convey how the card will interact with other cards and effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
That will be great. In practice we will have a better idea what cards work well in a deck we create and what we want to have but only for collection.

Suggestion - Practice Decks with Access to Entire Collection

(I apologize if this has been suggested before, but I couldn't find it when I searched.)

Let's have a set of regular decks, like we do now, but let's add 2 or 3 "Practice Deck" slots. When modifying these decks, you can use any cards from the entire game collection. However, you can only use them in Practice mode with the AI. When playing a live opponent, these decks won't show up as options.

This would allow us to test strategies for cards we don't have yet, but might plan on getting. So we don't feel like we wasted scraps getting a card that wasn't as beneficial as originally thought.

Also, a "Convert to real deck" option that becomes available if you own all the cards in a Practice Deck.

I partly second this, but note that cards tend to change over time so even if you get the most goodest card ever it can get realigned easily.
Just a note, try to save your scraps for at least epic cards. Crafting to early on will reduce your options later. Especially when kegs start to give you a bunch of duplicates.

I dont think this is a good idea. If you want to know a card combo effectiveness, ask other players that use that combo. In no game i ever played was the entire collection available for free. You can already devise tactics from seeing the cards anyways.

While I agree with the suggestion. No other CCG does this. In the end it's a nice to have, but nothing major.

I don't think it's a good idea, because every newbie who lost vs real people would just play practice, and since he wouldn't be able to improve his own deck (which is a motivation of all players), he would get bored fast.

That might be a bit game-breaking. Then everyone would just find the best strategy or all would just use the same decks. The best thing is, if you make your deck from what you've got, that's what I like. Having to work with the cards you have, not the ones you don't have, that's a skill. But this way everyone would just build the best deck and would just go sparing the scraps till they have them. Also less kegs would be bought, because you could test the card without actually having it. You cannot do this in real life with games like MTG, why here then?
A shooter game Planetside 2 uses a system where you can try guns for one day but it's not totally free, I think it has other limitations (one for a day or sth) and might also cost a little. Maaaaybe similar mechanic could be used. Like for say 100 scraps instead of 800 create a card and be able to use it for say a day or something.

Knightlon;n7217900 said:
That might be a bit game-breaking. Then everyone would just find the best strategy or all would just use the same decks. The best thing is, if you make your deck from what you've got, that's what I like. Having to work with the cards you have, not the ones you don't have, that's a skill. But this way everyone would just build the best deck and would just go sparing the scraps till they have them. Also less kegs would be bought, because you could test the card without actually having it. You cannot do this in real life with games like MTG, why here then?
A shooter game Planetside 2 uses a system where you can try guns for one day but it's not totally free, I think it has other limitations (one for a day or sth) and might also cost a little. Maaaaybe similar mechanic could be used. Like for say 100 scraps instead of 800 create a card and be able to use it for say a day or something.

Sorry, but this must be the worst argument possible. You think that if someone has access to all cards in practice mode, they'll become super-powerful in the practice mode due to finding the best strategy ever?

And less kegs will be bought? How so? Testing the cards doesn't mean you own them. This will have zero effect on kegs.

What this would do, though, is allow someone to test out a card in his/her deck before investing into it. This is a huge help when it comes down to spending your scraps. Right now I have two choices - try to google a particular card to find some sort of you-tube video on it, or try to search for it here, on the forums. Those are not bad options, but actually trying a card hands-on would be far better.

Perhaps adding every card available to practice deck is a bit unusual; how about we start with something like "ability to add one gold, one silver, and one bronze card that you do not own to your practice deck", and see how that goes.

AOHNH;n7219090 said:
Sorry, but this must be the worst argument possible. You think that if someone has access to all cards in practice mode, they'll become super-powerful in the practice mode due to finding the best strategy ever?

And less kegs will be bought? How so? Testing the cards doesn't mean you own them. This will have zero effect on kegs.

What this would do, though, is allow someone to test out a card in his/her deck before investing into it. This is a huge help when it comes down to spending your scraps. Right now I have two choices - try to google a particular card to find some sort of you-tube video on it, or try to search for it here, on the forums. Those are not bad options, but actually trying a card hands-on would be far better.

Perhaps adding every card available to practice deck is a bit unusual; how about we start with something like "ability to add one gold, one silver, and one bronze card that you do not own to your practice deck", and see how that goes.

Not a bad idea. Perhaps a "Wishlist" for cards. Wishlist contains a set amount of cards (5-7 maybe) that you don't own. Those cards can be added to decks to practice with. Once you add a card to your wishlist, you have to wait 7-14 days before you can take it off your wishlist. If you get the card, it automatically goes off your wishlist to open a slot again.

Upon creating a new deck, you have to select if you want a Casual/Competitive Deck or a Practice Deck. Selecting Practice Deck will unlock the Wishlist cards while editing this deck. Once it has been created, you can use it in Practice Mode only vsing the AI.

Best of both worlds.. people don't get spoiled by having access to all cards, and can only try a limited amount of new cards for testing purposes only. And have to wait a set period of time before they can swap those cards out to try new ones.

It's simple. The devs get money from kegs (obtained with real-world money, not with ore). If players can test the cards in advance, they are more likely to want those cards. Not some random ones dropped by kegs. I am aware that scraps still matter, probably not that much to buy kegs for them though. This way, everyone would improve for free, there would be more good decks, thus less variety, not a good thing. If I was a developer I wouldn't add such a thing for free.
As I said, try finding the magic of building decks with the cards you own, not with the ones you don't.

Nope. Because practice deck suppose to train you against real world players. So if you don't have all the cards with you, how can you use the strategies you used in practice match in a real world game?

I agree, there could be more options like choosing what deck the AI is going to play or some other testings. However, I still think that you should practice with the decks you have, not the ones you don't have. Try to see it the way that the developers have to. Because, I'm telling you, this feature is not going to happen.

Suggestion: Demo Cards Of Your Choice In Practice

It would be useful to be able to try out new cards in the Single Player Practice Mode to be able to get more of an understanding of certain card powers which you are uncertain of.

For example being able to pick a Nekker Warrior or Nature's Gift from your deck for practice.

This would be really useful, indeed. I wonder if there will be an option to test some cards that you don't have yet in your collection (to make sure you want to craft them).

NlelithZ44;n7615200 said:
I wonder if there will be an option to test some cards that you don't have yet in your collection (to make sure you want to craft them).

That's an excellent idea. I would love to be able to do that. It would also give us a chance to see what card combinations work most effectively in and against particular decks.

NlelithZ44;n7615200 said:
This would be really useful, indeed. I wonder if there will be an option to test some cards that you don't have yet in your collection (to make sure you want to craft them).

Yes that's a good idea, however, from a business point of view for CD Projekt Red, they may feel this could take away some incentive to purchase kegs?

Top Bottom