Since when you play Gwent [Poll]

+

Since when you play Gwent [Poll]

• Total voters
Only since the end of last year, so after midwinter. although to my recollection I've never made any definitive statements about before midwinter.

I started playing in the last month of Closed Beta. Remember faction abilities? Monsters always carried over one random card into the next round and Scoia'tael could decide who went first.

Last edited:
Started playing a month or two before the open beta started. I bought a physical copy of TW3 and it had this little slip that said sign up for Gwent.

DoubleDealer;n10961351 said:
I started playing in the last month of Closed Beta. Remember faction abilities? Monsters always carried over one random card into the next round and Scoia'tael could decide which went first.

It wasn't random. Midway through the closed beta (after NG arrived) it changed to be the last unit you played. Most people ran consume with Dagon but I found Running Eredin was better, because you would just play Eredin (STR 11 Immune to weather), Ekimara (ability like today's Barbegazi) and then Ghoul to eat Eredin from the Graveyard. Last unit would stay, in this case, the Ghoul, you would have gained a lot of points early on, and you would have a huge Ekimara and a huge Ghoul for round 2 (units did not reset to base strength between rounds)

It pissed me off when Scoia won the coinflip, won round 1 a card down and then in round 2, made you play first again due to their ability -_-

I've been playing since Philippa, Insengrim bombs, weather, Eregin/Geralt pass, and double golden trebuchet ruled the meta and SK was unplayable because of the Priestess of Freya bug.

I believe I started playing around the time NG was added to the game. I'm not sure. I remember gold immunity and row locked units. Calveit being able to pull Spies back. Henselt turning units bronze and silver units into gold units. Closed Beta was pretty insane lol.

Last edited:
Since the first wave of Closed Beta. To be reminded again of how much potential this game had to see what's left of it.. "Homecoming" lol.

Seems like the game got most of its playerbase from the closed beta. Me though, I got into Gwent quite late (Midwinter Update, Jan 2018 i think?), i have to say this game is a blast, and i have a very good time with it. Though the subreddit sure make it look like it's about die anytime now... I'd say though i didn't know its former glory, Gwent still hold its state as a skill-based game with high skill ceiling and less RNG than any CCGs out there (besides rogue one like Prismata).

OB, just before Mahakam Festival. I'm so glad that carryover resets... it was a nightmare before that.

Top Bottom