So many actions, so little Controls

+
So many actions, so little Controls

Let's talk controls! PC folks bare with me I'm a console guy. Fell free to join in and talk about keyboard button layouts and mouses (mice?).

For combat and perspective shifting I have a decent idea for the system in my head. I expect and hope you all post your own thoughts too. The game should be mainly third person, but when you hold down the left trigger the camera fluidly transfers (a quick zoom over the shoulder to the gun rather than an abrupt shift) to looking down your sights (FPP). Your gun is always holstered unless LT is held down (at which point it is skillfully drawn in the time it takes to zoom to FPP) all other times your hands are free to use melee/ hand to hand, do actions, ect. Physical attacks are always TPP and vary depending on what you have equipped. Combat should use The Witchers light and heavy attack button layout or something similar. Crouching or jumping combine with attacks to make different moves. Crouching while in FPP increases precision similar to hip vs sights in most FPS's.

What did I miss? How would you do the combat system? Do you prefer Bethesda style controls with perspective togglable no matter if your using ranged or physical attacks? Do you want attacks to be done with triggers or the a,b,x,y buttons? (I not excluding sony I'm just not gonna type out triangle and crap when I can say "y").

Should A be the action button? Should you be able to jump? Dodge? Sprint? Crouch? Climb? Which action uses the toggle stick? Should a target system be used, and if so what button? Toggle or hold? How the hell are abilities and implants going to be used? Should certain buttons be empty equipable slots like Zelda OoT? Should it be the D-pad or should that be for favorites? Or maybe you want a Mass effect style trigger button menu? Then what about grenades? What games have similar controls to what you'd like to see in CP2077? What should the menu navigation be like? What about netrunning and vehicles? Should I mention the OR?? Is this enough questions to simulate a conversation???

What do you think????

Yeah let me remap everything (also numpad). And no hard-coded keys (watching you Sleeping Dogs).
Also on pc give me simple holster key that toggles the holster so you don't have to keep pressing it.
I'd like to be able to change between perspectives on the fly. Let me see how my new gear looks -> 3rd person.
Oh also give us option to move camera around our character. Or just give us 3D avatar in inventory that you can turn.

2077 is only confirmed for PC atm. They aren't committing themselves to consoles yet. (Though I am sure they will in time.)

Other than that there is a HUGE thread about perspective and if they allow controls to be mapable then everybody is happy.

Ahghh! Quick! Kill it! Kill it before it breeds!

Customizable controls is all I want for my PC.

Indeed. Customizable keyboard, controls & mouse.

As for Whispers original post, my eyes started to glaze over. Last console I ever owned was the Nintendo. I only have a gauge idea of what Whisper was on about. lol

As long as sprint isn't translated from consoles to keyboard to mashing shift while you hold W (sometimes mash W) and the joypad/console controls are intuitive, I'm ok.

2077 is only confirmed for PC atm. They aren't committing themselves to consoles yet. (Though I am sure they will in time.)/QUOTE]

There's no way this game won't be on consoles. Especially now that developers don't have to compromise because of console's poor hardware.

PS4 and ONE are capable of simulating the graphics they aim for on the PC.

It will be on consoles. Guaranteed.

The biggest hurdle is to port the PC UI and controls to console pads, especially if it's going to be a first person game.

I mean, any blind monkey can bind actions to pad buttons, but it takes actual know-how to make a port from one system to another to work properly and be playable. Case in point? The "port" of Dark Souls to the PC.

They don't port, they optimise separately for each device. And they have said "next-gen consoles", they just haven't stated which yet.

They caught a lot of flack for "breaking their word" when they made a very tentative statement regarding TW2 on PS3, from people who took that tentative statement as a promise. I don't think they'll say anything about which consoles until it's absolutely 100% definite.

2077 is only confirmed for PC atm. They aren't committing themselves to consoles yet. (Though I am sure they will in time.)

There's no way this game won't be on consoles. Especially now that developers don't have to compromise because of console's poor hardware.

PS4 and ONE are capable of simulating the graphics they aim for on the PC.

It will be on consoles. Guaranteed.

From the "CD Projekt Red: Cyberpunk 2077 is 'mind-blowing,' too soon for comic" article:

The company, and Jaki, remain tight-lipped about exactly how they're bringing the storied table-top role-playing game to video games, but Jaki reiterated that it was coming to PC for sure and most likely next-gen consoles.
&
"It most probably will be," he said, "but we can't confirm or deny because it's too early for that."

As I said, I am sure it will be available on both the PS4 and XBone. But it is yet to be confirmed.

Wow I'm the only one that uses a controller? This thread is pretty useless then...

You PC guys have it so easy :p

Nah, you're not. Dino, for example, is a big (huge!) Playstation fan, so he'll be running it on console. I think quite a few people will run it on console, actually. Market penetration is increasing.

This thread will be more relevant with more info, of course. Like most of them.

I would like to see a lot of position/maneuverability options - various player-controlled cover stances, sidesteps, rolls, etc. The only way to implement a system that utilizes many options like these on controllers, I think, is to map them to multiple-button actions. For instance, holding the left trigger and pressing A, B, X, or Y simultaneously. Consoles could easily have more player manipulation options yet this possibility hasn't been introduced to the extent I would like to see AFAIK.

Tbh, as an FPS I thought CoD 2 and 3 (that's the only one I played) had good controls.

I just hope they are going to port the PC version to the console
and not the other way around like they did with skyrim.

I like the GTA V controls on my PS3 and if they went along those lines it would work nicely, just need a good animation for the changes and all. I just do not know if I am going to the PS4 myself as I do not want to pay 60.00 a year to play online. I like my GTA V online with just a small crowd, with all the buttholes out there that like to grief other players I wouldn't want to pay to play in that enviroment.

Yeah let me remap everything (also numpad). And no hard-coded keys (watching you Sleeping Dogs).
Also on pc give me simple holster key that toggles the holster so you don't have to keep pressing it.
I'd like to be able to change between perspectives on the fly. Let me see how my new gear looks -> 3rd person.
Oh also give us option to move camera around our character. Or just give us 3D avatar in inventory that you can turn.

No, since the Witcher 3 is coming to the PS4, you bet your ass that Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to consoles as well.

Top Bottom