So..New game + is glitched.

+
So..New game + is glitched.

Finished the story, lvl 38, did everything incl. all side quests, and saved my game after patch 1.08. I started a new game with NG+.
After the first cutscene is finished I just up and die for no apparent reason. The controller vibrates for a sec and boom, I'm dead. The game proceeds to that usual load last save, quit to main menu screen. I even tried different saves after 1.08 but always the same problem.
Does anybody else have this problem?

Last edited:
works for me, just started new game plus.
are you sure you finished the game? that dying bug usually happens during the epilogue mission, you need to have a save after that mission

works for me, just started new game plus.
are you sure you finished the game? that dying bug usually happens during the epilogue mission, you need to have a save after that mission

Yes, i finished the game. FInished all the side quests, and picked almost all marked loot etc.
Saved the game and started NG+. but i just keep dying.

Try removing all your gear before saving your game , then start NG+ . Remember Geralt is supposed to wake up half naked and not wearing a heavy ursine armor^^

@ ffredrikk, I did exactly what you did. But after the cutscene i just get black screen, the controller vibrates a little and i die..
@elgringofuerte, never thought of that before so ill just try that. Ill keep posting here whether or not it works.

Yes, i finished the game. FInished all the side quests, and picked almost all marked loot etc.
Saved the game and started NG+. but i just keep dying.

What platform are you on?

If you're on xbox one,try a cold reset. Or go to manage game option,then move along to your game saves,click on it,then choose the option to delete all saves from the console. Obviously all witcher saves,not all games. " DO NOT CHOOSE THE DELETE FROM EVERYWHERE OPTION ". Just from the console/xbox only. This will delete all saves. But don't worry they are stored in the cloud. After that do a cold reset of the console. The next time you start the game your saves will appear again after syncing with xbox live.

Cold reset. Hold down the power button on your console for 10 seconds,it should make a slight noise. Wait for the power pack light to change orange. Then unplug it from the mains for 2-5 minutes. Then,when you plug the console back in the light will be white...wait a second for it to turn orange again. Then turn your xbox back on.
When your synced up and ready again,load your old game,make a new save,and see if it's worked or not. :)

Don't know how this works if your on PS4.

Last edited:
What platform are you on?

If you're on xbox one,try a cold reset. Or go to manage game option,then move along to your game saves,click on it,then choose the option to delete all saves from the console. Obviously all witcher saves,not all games. " DO NOT CHOOSE THE DELETE FROM EVERYWHERE OPTION ". Just from the console/xbox only. This will delete all saves. But don't worry they are stored in the cloud. After that do a cold reset of the console. The next time you start the game your saves will appear again after syncing with xbox live.

Cold reset. Hold down the power button on your console for 10 seconds,it should make a slight noise. Wait for the power pack light to change orange. Then unplug it from the mains for 2-5 minutes. Then,when you plug the console back in the light will be white...wait a second for it to turn orange again. Then turn your xbox back on.
When your synced up and ready again,load your old game,make a new save,and see if it's worked or not. :)

Don't know how this works if your on PS4.

Awesome guys for all the help! I'll try all the options listed above, im on x1

Awesome guys for all the help! I'll try all the options listed above, im on x1

Another option before you do what i suggest.

Load your old game. Then make a fresh save,do not over-write. Make a fresh one. Then do all of what I suggested. Then load your old game from the new save of your old game,then make another fresh save. Go back to the main menu,or dashboard. Then load your game again,then try new game plus. Hope that doesn't confuse you. :)

Last edited:
I think this glitch has been around since well before NG+.

Like others have said, try changing your equipped armor.

Right, i tried ALL of the suggestions above, even stripped my character to his underwear and saved. Loaded up new game but still the same goddamn thing. I just can't figure out what's wrong. CDPR, if you're reading this; I really wanna play more Witcher.

---------- Updated at 10:58 PM ----------

I WORKS! I put everything in my stash, even gear and what not and now it works! Thnx for the suggestion!

Finished the story, lvl 38, did everything incl. all side quests, and saved my game after patch 1.08. I started a new game with NG+.
After the first cutscene is finished I just up and die for no apparent reason. The controller vibrates for a sec and boom, I'm dead. The game proceeds to that usual load last save, quit to main menu screen. I even tried different saves after 1.08 but always the same problem.
Does anybody else have this problem?

like this? yea same here...

Try removing all your gear before saving your game , then start NG+ . Remember Geralt is supposed to wake up half naked and not wearing a heavy ursine armor^^
my Geralt loaded up just fine with his Mastercrafted Ursine Gear.

unfortunately my golden alder folk boots and the nilfgardian guardsman gauntlets both got their requirements raised to Level 61. aww man. :(

Top Bottom