• Yes, I liked it and want it back.

Votes: 167 65.0%
  • No, I never liked it.

Votes: 46 17.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 44 17.1%

• Total voters
Damn Right I'ma fanboy! ;)

Well no offence mate but that's not something you're supposed to be proud of.Lack of critical thinking and inability to criticize because you're 'in love' with some developer or company is really disturbing and I would never understand how can someone become some company's 'minion' defend them no matter what.

P.S. I'm a HUUUUUUUUGE CD Projekt's FAN.Not a fanboy.So thus I'm sorry and I will risk being named a 'hater' a 'whiner' and other beutiful names anyone gets labeled with if he dares to criticize some company.Now let me elaborate why this is bad (to be perfectly honest it DOESN'T MAKE ANY BLOODY SENSE):

First and foremost the sound of rolling dice and sounds of people losing or wining is much more fiting for medieval style tavern than playing YU-GI-OH type of card game.Do I have anything against new card game?Nope,why should I,if they make it fun then the more - the better.Do I have anything against cutting dice poker?You can bet I do.

If it's unbalance - than how can they balance other minigames like the card one cause it will also be played for money?

It's unfitiing - after 2 games it became and it is part of tradition.This reminds me of Bethesda's cutting of sprears in Oblivion and so on.Why they did it?Well...they just did it.Too much work.Well that's excuse for idiots and everyone who does business knows for PR talk.And that's just it.

If CD Projekt uses the same excuse that it's too much work despite minigame being already done and needing only minor tweaking than I will have no problem to call it PR Talk.

Don't be stupid like Bethesda is and cut good stuff because..................REASONS!!!!! Keep good stuff and add new good stuff.

NOONE can convince me that by removing dice poker game will be better.

P.S.
If by any chance dice poker is in the game and your programmer just didn't know that for sure cause he did say: I'm not sure than for love of God tell your employees to STOP talking about things they are not sure about cause by now we had a gazilion conflicting stories about everything from world size to hair cuts.

I think I'm one of the few ones here who is sad that arm wrestling is gone. Now no Dice poker either. Why ?
CDPR could have just kept the games and improved them, and added the new games on top of it. Dice Poker is THE mini game that defines the Witcher series, it was there since the first game.
And almost every mechanic in every game can get exploited except in the games that don't give the players save option and the game saves automatically (checkpoint system). Even decision making can get exploited with optional save system. If CDPR wants to stop the exploitation of mini-games and decision making they have to change the save system and not take the mini games out of the game.

^Plus this.Come on.It's not like they are trying to make things harder if anything they are trying to make things more accessible so making money harder to get plus inevitable exploitation makes such 'reason' a pure BS.

Last edited:
Didn't really like Dice Poker...

But they are having a "card game" where you collect cards and build a deck... I'm telling you they are merging YUGIOH with the Witcher! Next thing you know you'll be playing a childrens card game with the emperor!

Didn't really like Dice Poker...

But they are having a "card game" where you collect cards and build a deck... I'm telling you they are merging YUGIOH with the Witcher! Next thing you know you'll be playing a childrens card game with the emperor!

Imagine if it's like in TW1, where the emperor is the "final boss" of the card game just like Foltest was in dice poker.

Don't tell anyone but I have a secret passion for nerdy collectible card games. I heard you've beaten four experts so good lets retire to my backroom to play
I summon Yarpen Zigrin on the battlefield, emperor.
Aha Geralt you activated my trap card.
:(
Just bring back dice poker.

Last edited:
Well no offence mate but that's not something you're supposed to be proud of.Lack of critical thinking and inability to criticize because you're 'in love' with some developer or company is really disturbing and I would never understand how can someone become some company's 'minion' defend them no matter what.

P.S. I'm a HUUUUUUUUGE CD Projekt's FAN.Not a fanboy.So thus I'm sorry and I will risk being named a 'hater' a 'whiner' and other beutiful names anyone gets labeled with if he dares to criticize some company.Now let me elaborate why this is bad (to be perfectly honest it DOESN'T MAKE ANY BLOODY SENSE):

First and foremost the sound of rolling dice and sounds of people losing or wining is much more fiting for medieval style tavern than playing YU-GI-OH type of card game.Do I have anything against new card game?Nope,why should I,if they make it fun then the more - the better.Do I have anything against cutting dice poker?You can bet I do.

If it's unbalance - than how can they balance other minigames like the card one cause it will also be played for money?

It's unfitiing - after 2 games it became and it is part of tradition.This reminds me of Bethesda's cutting of sprears in Oblivion and so on.Why they did it?Well...they just did it.Too much work.Well that's excuse for idiots and everyone who does business knows for PR talk.And that's just it.

If CD Projekt uses the same excuse that it's too much work despite minigame being already done and needing only minor tweaking than I will have no problem to call it PR Talk.

Don't be stupid like Bethesda is and cut good stuff because..................REASONS!!!!! Keep good stuff and add new good stuff.

NOONE can convince me that by removing dice poker game will be better.

P.S.
If by any chance dice poker is in the game and your programmer just didn't know that for sure cause he did say: I'm not sure than for love of God tell your employees to STOP talking about things they are not sure about cause by now we had a gazilion conflicting stories about everything from world size to hair cuts.

^Plus this.Come on.It's not like they are trying to make things harder if anything they are trying to make things more accessible so making money harder to get plus inevitable exploitation makes such 'reason' a pure BS.
Whoa... Dont be offended on my behalf mate! lol...
I think you missed the mark, your interpretation of my post is borderline crazy bat shit;)I like video games, I am a fan and a boy or you could call me fanman.
Anyways.. if you want to think that I sold my soul out to cdpr, and I am now their brainless minion worshipper I could give 2 shits my friend. Lets not judge what you cleary do not understand, good day;)

p.s I like dice poker, can't we all just get along?! :)

To the OP: it's fine with me as long as they have something equally good or better to replace it, and it sounds like they might.

so no dice poker...........................time to say goodbye

i personally hate meme pics. They are mostly flamey. But we can only hope that dice be added in in Enhanced Version later or a free DLC? Since they promised all DLC would be free.. and there was none then i would find it funny no? :p Well one can only hope.

Why should dice poker be part of any (free) DLC? They have SIX months until the game is released. More than enough time imo to improve on the already existing mechanic of this little minigame to include it in the release version...

It was terrible in both games so I'm glad it's cut. Especially if they had decided to implement TW2 version.

Truth is the mini-games were never a strong suit of TW series. We'll see how they do fist fighting in TW3.

It was terrible in both games so I'm glad it's cut.

I don't understand your logic, sorry. You're glad that a feature is cut just because you're bad at it? So you don't care at all if others like it or are good at it?

How does the existence of dice poker impair your own experience if it's just a fully optional minigame for you to pick up or to ignore?

Sorry, but your attitude is really sad and antisocial imo... :dead:

It was terrible in both games so I'm glad it's cut. Especially if they had decided to implement TW2 version.

Truth is the mini-games were never a strong suit of TW series. We'll see how they do fist fighting in TW3.

How is it truth when you are solely basing your own opinion?

I don't understand your logic, sorry. You're glad that a feature is cut just because you're bad at it? So you don't care at all if others like it or are good at it?

How does the existence of dice poker impair your own experience if it's just a fully optional minigame for you to pick up or to ignore?

An optional mini-game that completely messed with the economy of TW1. It was very easy to win in TW1 and in TW2 it wasn't worth playing outside of the quest.

Cutting things out of a game is not inherently bad.

How is it truth when you are solely basing your own opinion?

Fist fighting was a quick time mini-game in both TW1 and TW2, arm wrestling was easy and exploitable for cash as was dice poker.

An optional mini-game that completely messed with the economy of TW1. It was very easy to win in TW1 and in TW2 it wasn't worth playing outside of the quest.

Cutting things out of a game is not inherently bad.

Fist fighting was a quick time mini-game in both TW1 and TW2, arm wrestling was easy and exploitable for cash as was dice poker.

You said "Truth is the mini-games were never a strong suit of TW series". Now you are highlighting the flaws of the mini-games mechanic. Then you rather have things cut than being improved?

Top Bottom