[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I don't get it. This is CDPR's forum, a game that just released has 133 pages of replies mostly asking for atleast the addition of a happy ending. And it's just radiosilence from the Dev's themselves. Too me that just seems absurd. When something is this trending, you can atleast aknowledge it and say hey we hear you.
Nope. I think most of the ppl understand why CDPR silient. And they will stay silient, for as long as possible.
Don't worry, they read, know and aware of everything, thats going on here.
But that doesn't mean anything though.

Last edited:
Nope, but we have several in the pipeline that will probably fail. VTM bloodlines 2 have fired most of there ppl, ME4 and DA4 seems to loose there people and so on. only one i have hope for is probablu baldursgate 3 but...
Yeah, at one point I was super excited about VTM Bloodlines 2. ME4 and DA4... probably aren't going to be that good, at all. Bioware is a husk of it's former self, might as well be renamed to some EA studio at this point. Baldur's Gate 3 can be good later (though I still prefer real time crpgs), I think that will end up being a decent rpg one day. I won't touch it until it's released though.

I don't get it. This is CDPR's forum, a game that just released has 133 pages of replies mostly asking for atleast the addition of a happy ending. And it's just radiosilence from the Dev's themselves. Too me that just seems absurd. When something is this trending, you can atleast aknowledge it and say hey we hear you.
I don't expect any comments about the ending any time soon and I can't blame them. Selling a product that was so clearly not ready that it gets pulled from a storefront is a more pressing issue to a business than people on a forum dissatisfied with a game they already bought and played through entirely, unfortunately but understandably.

The endings are honestly kind of shit, because the game sets up this duality of "quiet life or blaze of glory?" but it never lets you choose. I was expecting the choices at the end to boil down to that question but you're just screwed either way. Your moment of character growth gets taken away by "Well I'm going to die anyways".

It also makes me not very optimistic about where the game will go with DLC, because I hate DLC that gets inserted into the middle of the game, I want DLC that expands the game at the end.

One thing I've thought about that I think amplifies so much of why I dislike the lack of any positive ending is also the nature of how this year has been. Pandemic plus, whoever you are, numerous other issues, controversies, stresses, and so on stacking up be it issues with jobs, education, politics, or otherwise. With this game coming out, sure it obviously has issues that are inexcusable, but that doesn't stop it from being an enjoyable game with a great story. The thing that is so frustrating is that, in this shit year, why not allow us to have some optimistic ending to all of this? It would've been so nice to just have something reassuring in a piece of entertainment-media, especially one with so much interest that had built up around it.

They probably just have their hands full with the last gen issues. DLC plans or story changes is probably on hold. For now.

Funnily enough, I've barely run into any real bad bugs, certainly I've had performance issues (frame drops), but nowhere near the level I've seen on YouTube. I think I've crashed twice in total. Though, I do also have a fairly high tolerance. I play Bethesda games.. and I am on PC.

First the PR department is probably scared to release any news without it being vetted first by higher ups, given the cluster where they tweeted no more delays... and then the next day the higher ups delayed the game.

The higher ups, need to vet it through lawyers and financial experts to make sure that whatever they say, isn't going to tank their stocks further.

So even if we do get a reply it's going to be the standard "We hear you and are taking all your feedback under consideration" line that we get from all of the other game companies.

We won't be told anything meaningful, especially now that they are in damage control. Sony pulling the game is just going to tank their stocks even further. Better to shut up and say nothing, then say something that's going to trash them even more.

Remember players don't matter, eddies matter.

First the PR department is probably scared to release any news without it being vetted first by higher ups, given the cluster where they tweeted no more delays... and then the next day the higher ups delayed the game.

The higher ups, need to vet it through lawyers and financial experts to make sure that whatever they say, isn't going to tank their stocks further.

So even if we do get a reply it's going to be the standard "We hear you and are taking all your feedback under consideration" line that we get from all of the other game companies.

We won't be told anything meaningful, especially now that they are in damage control. Sony pulling the game is just going to tank their stocks even further. Better to shut up and say nothing, then say something that's going to trash them even more.

Remember players don't matter, eddies matter.
Yeah. Why acknowledge the ending controversy, if they don't have to? It'll just pile up with their other problems.

Hopefully with these upcoming expansions/DLC's they can write around the dark endings. Some endings definitely leave room for it to happen. Here are some loose ideas of what they could do with two of the endings.

Panam and Nomads ending:
Given that V has ~6 months to live in the "Good Ending" with Panam, there's definitely a possibility there can be either a cure in Arizona, or some kind of kitbashed cure to be made in Night City.

Space Ending:

Don't have any context on this one, just saw that it cuts to black. Definitely room for something to happen from the looks of it.

I'm sure a lot of people agree to some extent with this, because the endings are pretty disappointing. I really hope the story can continue with V. Really hope they don't just introduce some new character, making everything we've done void.

They probably just have their hands full with the last gen issues. DLC plans or story changes is probably on hold. For now.

Funnily enough, I've barely run into any real bad bugs, certainly I've had performance issues (frame drops), but nowhere near the level I've seen on YouTube. I think I've crashed twice in total. Though, I do also have a fairly high tolerance. I play Bethesda games.. and I am on PC.

I crash quite a bit on my Xbox one lol but I guess that just par for the course. I really doesn't bother me that much unlike the endings which disappoint me more than anything.

Overall i think the main story and side quests are phenomenal but the endings is just plain lazy and feels like they ran out of time. I honestly hope a DLC or Expansion come next year and change the endings, theres so many possibilites. I would love to be able to go and find a cure with Panam and the nomads or find a cure within the crystal palace. The fact that the game throws you back to your last save before the point of no return is very cheap. Right now all Cyberpunk endings feels all to similar to vanilla fallout 3 ending, which was terrible but they fixed it. I mean if bethesda can fix it, so can CDPR, right???

I kept getting the feeling of "is this it?" since the start of Act 2. In the sense of story arcs felt short and cut down and throughout most of the continuing side quest i kept wanting more. It got to me that there is no way to hang out/interact with characters after their side quests/Arc are done (the odd text doesnt count). CDPR have done an incredible job at bringing all these characters to life, but after 3 side quests with each, they just become apart of the scenery.

I finished the game at 50 hours of play time and have been left wanting so much more from the story and game, but i can't bring myself to start again as knowing how it ends it feels pointless to start over. The game has the depth of a paddling pool at times, but it then has the story of an emotional blockbuster and completley sucks me in to only spit me back out moments later. I sincerely hope that the DLC to be announced is end game based and adds more to the ending, anything else would feel uneccessary and lazy. Heres hoping this thread gets noticed and CDPR can do what we know they are capable of and give us complete closure and the choice of a satisfying ending.

How it started:
1608258330744.png

How it's going:
1608258362139.png

I think you are headcanoning a lot of this. I don't know what discussions you have been involved in, but they weren't here that's for sure (at least not this thread) you should navigate over to one of @AKANexus big posts. All of them really. To get caught up on the conversation.

Also, am I the only one who actually shoots the enemies writhing on the ground in the head? Sometimes I chop off their heads with my katana. :ROFLMAO:
I do it for the street cred lol

Overall i think the main story and side quests are phenomenal but the endings is just plain lazy and feels like they ran out of time. I honestly hope a DLC or Expansion come next year and change the endings, theres so many possibilites. I would love to be able to go and find a cure with Panam and the nomads or find a cure within the crystal palace. The fact that the game throws you back to your last save before the point of no return is very cheap. Right now all Cyberpunk endings feels all to similar to vanilla fallout 3 ending, which was terrible but they fixed it. I mean if bethesda can fix it, so can CDPR, right???

I kept getting the feeling of "is this it?" since the start of Act 2. In the sense of story arcs felt short and cut down and throughout most of the continuing side quest i kept wanting more. It got to me that there is no way to hang out/interact with characters after their side quests/Arc are done (the odd text doesnt count). CDPR have done an incredible job at bringing all these characters to life, but after 3 side quests with each, they just become apart of the scenery.

I finished the game at 50 hours of play time and have been left wanting so much more from the story and game, but i can't bring myself to start again as knowing how it ends it feels pointless to start over. The game has the depth of a paddling pool at times, but it then has the story of an emotional blockbuster and completley sucks me in to only spit me back out moments later. I sincerely hope that the DLC to be announced is end game based and adds more to the ending, anything else would feel uneccessary and lazy. Heres hoping this thread gets noticed and CDPR can do what we know they are capable of and give us complete closure and the choice of a satisfying ending.

I agree with this immensely, especially on the Fallout 3 comparison and the desire for more in the game. With about 70ish hours myself, I feel like the game had so much god damn potential and that a lot of it wasn't used well enough, and I think, if nothing else were to be done, having the main story be altered or given some "good ending" possibility would be the best result, since it seems to me that the writing, narrative, story, and character development are the strong points of the game. If I had to choose between having more of the main story and better ending choices versus having a more developed open world, I would 100% pick the more developed story.

I'm tired of disappointments, in terms not only of this game, but this year and also many other games. I want to feel fulfilled and as though things aren't hopeless, and having the endings be as such that there is a legitimate argument that suicide is the actual best possible ending is too fucking depressing, even if it is engaging.

Yep. Some people might come into this thread and think we actually hate the game. When it's the opposite. Actually we really like the game, otherwise we wouldn't be advocating so hard to get the ending(s) sorted out.
This worths repeating.
Post automatically merged:

Nope, but we have several in the pipeline that will probably fail. VTM bloodlines 2 have fired most of there ppl, ME4 and DA4 seems to loose there people and so on. only one i have hope for is probablu baldursgate 3 but...
Baldur's Gate is literally my only hope atm.

This worths repeating.
Post automatically merged:

Baldur's Gate is literally my only hope atm.
Same here. Looks decent altho only in early stages the parts that they have released looks great with deep and meaningfull choices and so on. Dident buy it cuz i though i hade enough with cp2077... yikes

Top Bottom